User Tag List

MBTI
    NOPE
    Socionics
    DONE Ni

Default What is your view on the Ebola crisis?

EBola is sweeping over West Africa. What is your opinion? Is it as bad as they portray it on the news? Why do you think so? How should people be handling this? Would you volunteer as a doctor in the Ebola regions?
    "...Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."
    -The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Mychemicalkilljoy View Post
    EBola is sweeping over West Africa. What is your opinion? Is it as bad as they portray it on the news? Why do you think so? How should people be handling this? Would you volunteer as a doctor in the Ebola regions?
    I have a friend who works for the US State Department, she has been over there for about a year. It's worse than what they show on the news, much worse. Part of the issue with spreading is cultural, part of the issue is that people run and hide from help. The outbreak overran the doctors, facilities and medical supplies that were there, which is why the US is building real hospitals with real docs and medications, which they didn't have prior to the most recent outbreak. Going over there as a doctor? I don't know but if I had it and recovered like several of these medical professionals have - I probably would go and I totally understand their decision to go back.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    NOPE
    Socionics
    DONE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I have a friend who works for the US State Department, she has been over there for about a year. It's worse than what they show on the news, much worse. Part of the issue with spreading is cultural, part of the issue is that people run and hide from help. The outbreak overran the doctors, facilities and medical supplies that were there, which is why the US is building real hospitals with real docs and medications, which they didn't have prior to the most recent outbreak. Going over there as a doctor? I don't know but if I had it and recovered like several of these medical professionals have - I probably would go and I totally understand their decision to go back.
    How bad is it? What countries are the hardest hit? What's happening in those countries?
    "...Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."
    -The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Mychemicalkilljoy View Post
    How bad is it? What countries are the hardest hit? What's happening in those countries?
    I know my friend is leaving there next month, they have built about 10 new facilities and the US military is wrapping up. What countries? Sierra Leone, Liberia, Senegal. I have no idea what is currently happening but the epidemic is under control. It would eventually burn out anyway, as it always has in the past.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.