User Tag List

First 678

Results 71 to 78 of 78

  1. #71
    Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni
    Posts
    4,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
    What makes you think that both sides are equally wrong on this issue?
    That's totally not what I think. Both sides can't be equally wrong. They're diametrically opposed. I have an idea of who is "more wrong," or whatever, but that's not what I'm discussing here.

    A global issue requires an extremely holistic understanding and a carefully measured approach. We don't want unforeseen (or, well, even foreseen) secondary effects to kick us all in the ass.

    We screw up, for example, national defense in that particular way all the time. If we can't even get that right, then we're not ready for any particular global solution to a global problem. Especially if such a problem isn't well-defined in the first place.

    While all of that is happening behind the scenes, though, extremists are driving the picture that we see and discuss, and that's only the surface of the whole thing.

    Thankfully, we're working diligently toward an understanding. But I also have a life to live. Those two things can happen in parallel.

    Hoover puts the whole thing into perspective pretty well: http://www.hoover.org/sites/default/...matechange.pdf
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

  2. #72
    Lost in the Multiverse Bknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I could have figured as much. You're not an INTJ. You're an ENTJ wannabe-"Mastermind" INTJ who fails to see logic, and whose presence here only serves to give INTJs a worse name for themselves. I've never been very impressed by the logical abilities of either type anyway considering that they always just put on a weak show of logic, parade forth opinions as if they are facts, and then suddenly fall back on their instinctive beliefs when their logic and so-called facts are easily routed - like Ayn Rand, who barely managed to convince a few other nutsacks that her instincts were superior to those of other, inferior beings. So I just don't want to hear about logic from a person such as yourself.

    By the way, hiding out as another type is pathetic and cowardly. I should have realized your INTJ self-labeling was fake when I responded the first time.
    ... I have no way to respond to this stupidity. Not only do you fail to put forth any sort of rational argument or proof, but you resort to personal attacks against someone you don't even know, going so far as to "call me out" for "faking my type". If you have any sort of evidence that I'm mistyped (or any true justification for 1) Why my accusations against you aren't true, and 2) Your typism against xNTJs (and no, an incapability to use logic is not justification, since it's patently untrue and is a claim being put forth by someone who isn't great with logic himself)).

    BTW, Ayn Rand is a terrible example of the average INTJ. Her opinions were frequently extreme (even more far right than your own, in fact) and her overall philosophy was rejected by pretty much everybody- except, as you might expect, the American Right-wing.

    And from here on out, quote my entire post. It's one thing if you only quote the important things, but if you cherry-pick and remove context or other essential parts, then that's entirely another. I've seen you twist many members's words, my own included, and it's getting old.

    One last thing: can you explain why Progressivism, in your mind, equals self-deluded narcissism? Instead of explaining, you verbally attacked me when I asked you. I'm giving you another chance.

  3. #73
    subterfugee Xann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,745

    Default

    Human Caused Global Warming Myth DEBUNKED BY NONE OTHER THAN NASA!

    Here is a link that explains the paleontological history of the correlation between concentrations of CO2 and plant life. Note that we are currently at 370 parts per million concentration of CO2, that this is close to an all time low, and that if it were to fall much lower plants would cease to photosyntesize and die out. Also take note that in the past history of the planet CO2 concentrations have been in excess of 7000 parts per million, 18 times what they are now, and that during these periods the Earth had much more biomass and species diversity. Also not that the only time levels fell much below current, mass extinction was the result:

    Atmospheric CO2 Concentrations At 400 PPM Are Still Dangerously Low For Life On Earth

    Now’s where it gets REAL interesting!

    In this next series of confirming links, I uncovered a NASA study of the upper regions of the atmosphere known as the thermosphere that proves that without any doubt whatsoever that carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide, the two main ‘human caused global warming antagonists’ not only DO NOT cause the planet to heat up due to a greenhouse effect, they in fact act as a ‘thermostat’ that converts solar energy to thermal radiation in the upper regions of the atmosphere , radiating 95% of it BACK INTO SPACE and preventing it from heating the planet.:

    NASA - New study shows that CO2 COOLS atmosphere - Ice Age Now

    https://socioecohistory.wordpress.co...-is-a-coolant/

    http://www.omsj.org/issues/global-warming/nasaco2-cools
    Article continued here.

  4. #74
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bknight View Post
    ... I have no way to respond to this stupidity. Not only do you fail to put forth any sort of rational argument or proof, but you resort to personal attacks against someone you don't even know, going so far as to "call me out" for "faking my type". If you have any sort of evidence that I'm mistyped (or any true justification for 1) Why my accusations against you aren't true, and 2) Your typism against xNTJs (and no, an incapability to use logic is not justification, since it's patently untrue and is a claim being put forth by someone who isn't great with logic himself)).

    BTW, Ayn Rand is a terrible example of the average INTJ. Her opinions were frequently extreme (even more far right than your own, in fact) and her overall philosophy was rejected by pretty much everybody- except, as you might expect, the American Right-wing.

    And from here on out, quote my entire post. It's one thing if you only quote the important things, but if you cherry-pick and remove context or other essential parts, then that's entirely another. I've seen you twist many members's words, my own included, and it's getting old.

    One last thing: can you explain why Progressivism, in your mind, equals self-deluded narcissism? Instead of explaining, you verbally attacked me when I asked you. I'm giving you another chance.
    "Members's"? That's not even a word. Is English your first language? If not, then I apologize because, in this case, it's not just a case of my superior INTP logic, although this still applies.

    You say I equate Progressivism with self-deluded narcissism. You seem to be twisting my words, because I didn't say that. I've seen you twist the words of other members's in this forum. I didn't equate those two. I specifically said that Progressivists themselves are self-deluded narcissists.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #75
    Lost in the Multiverse Bknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    "Members's"? That's not even a word. Is English your first language? If not, then I apologize because, in this case, it's not just a case of my superior INTP logic, although this still applies.

    You say I equate Progressivism with self-deluded narcissism. You seem to be twisting my words, because I didn't say that. I've seen you twist the words of other members's in this forum. I didn't equate those two. I specifically said that Progressivists themselves are self-deluded narcissists.
    "Members's" was a typo, oh superior one. I'm working with a tablet here; the fact that I haven't made a lot more says a lot. Also, a few members of this forum pay very little attention to grammar overall. I personally don't see a problem with that; as long as they're coherent and get their point across, it's fine by me. It's never seemed to me that you mind it either, unless the person is making a criticism of your faulty "logic," in which case you're all over it.

    The use of "Progressivism" instead of "progressivists" was due to autocorrect. Samsung tablets sometimes autocorrect even when you spell stuff properly. Technology...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    You know I believe that all "Progressivists" are self-deluded narcissists.
    Your blanket statement about progressivists (above) was completely absurd and easily disproved, and you have yet to contradict that, let alone explain why my assessment of it is incorrect.

    While you're at it, explain:

    1) Why you think I'm an ENTJ.
    2) Why you think that your train of thought is logical.
    3) Why you hold typist sentiments about xNTJs (and as I've said, your complaints about us being bad at logic (which are patently untrue anyways) do not count, since you've yet to prove that you don't completely suck at logic).
    4) Why you're going after irrelevant technicalities so as to discredit my intelligence and morals rather than actually countering the points I'm making.

    So basically, explain why you're right. That's how debates go, and that's what I've been doing here. It's time you either did the same or admitted that you're wrong.
    Likes Cygnus, Passacaglia liked this post

  6. #76
    Senior Member Passacaglia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    That's totally not what I think. Both sides can't be equally wrong. They're diametrically opposed. I have an idea of who is "more wrong," or whatever, but that's not what I'm discussing here.
    Thanks for your reply! Finally got around to reading the Hoover article, and I think I see where you're coming from.


  7. #77
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read
    Likes Passacaglia liked this post

  8. #78
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,121

    Default

    not sure if anyone else has posted a link to the NASA site, but it's pretty interesting to look at through! (and you should totally click on it because it's all kinds of fascinating!)


    my favorite question in the faqs was

    If all of Earth's ice melts and flows into the ocean, what would happen to the planet's rotation?



    I actually took a senior seminar class on Climate Change Modeling a few years ago and we spent the entire time playing with the numbers and exploring various options for causes and effects and it was a lot of fun (I pretty much love any modeling software though... I spend way too much time playing with autocad software since I got access last semester!). Basic conclusion was that not everywhere will get warmer, though there is a slow global trend of temperature increase over the past century (which will accelerate as the light colored snow and ice melts, exposing the darker surfaces underneath) and that weather phenomena are becoming less predictable than before thanks to changes in the earth's surface and ocean temperatures. Now, I'm not going to claim that I have any real idea as to how this is going to change things for humanity or that I know for sure how things are going to play out in the long run, because there are many different things that can happen depending on what actions are taken and what countries decide to develop and how, but I do know that things are changing.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes yama, Passacaglia liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Global warming is over
    By Risen in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 05-30-2014, 07:11 PM
  2. Conspiracy theories cluster - global warming hoax is among them.
    By Magic Poriferan in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2012, 06:42 AM
  3. Heat Wave Blamed On Global Warming
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-05-2012, 04:57 PM
  4. Americans Waking Up on Global Warming Fraud
    By Fecal McAngry in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 262
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 11:01 PM
  5. Current update on Global Warming!
    By swordpath in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 12-21-2008, 02:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO