User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    In a lot of ways many humans are like the slob room mate which leaves garbage all over and chicken bones under the carpet and never washes the dishes or cleans up after their self. Sure, logically speaking there's no actual harm in it because harm is entirely a subjective judgement. The universe will go on no matter how many roaches and rats and shits backed up in your overflowing clogged toilet. It doesn't actually 'hurt' anything because hurt is merely a state of mind isn't it?

But that doesn't mean you want to tolerate this motherfucker now does it.
    You said you'd rather save the planet than humanity. I posted the video to point out that it isn't the planet that's in danger. Humans are.

The point you're making now is one I agree with, but it has nothing to do with what I previously posted.
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    You said you'd rather save the planet than humanity. I posted the video to point out that it isn't the planet that's in danger. Humans are.

The point you're making now is one I agree with, but it has nothing to do with what I previously posted.
    I'm just taking an opportunity to expound how I feel. It is not a response, debate, nor challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    I'm just taking an opportunity to expound how I feel. It is not a response, debate, nor challenge.
    Ok. Just wondered why you would quote me.
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

MBTI
    INFJ

Ok. Just wondered why you would quote me.
    Just to give you the full context which went beyond my initial post is all.

I know that the planet doesn't need saving. One of my primary beliefs is that nature doesn't have subjective value judgments. It's only humans who worry about death and disease and volcanoes and think trees are better than concrete.

But still I'm also a human. A nonsensical colloquial creature who occasionally says stupid things which aren't quite accurate.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    What if Hitler comes back from the dead as the head of a zombie army?

I live and work in the real world. If you were curious about how the downturn in global oil prices was effecting your investments, I would respond in a real way, because that is a real thing that is really happening.

But once we start playing the what if game, especially where the solutions posited would impose enormous costs on human development especially to folks in the developing world (AKA those least able to bear those costs), I just laugh.

Hopefully we can increase our output of nuclear energy here soon. That's the only viable sustainable energy source capable of stable grid level energy production.

The rest is coffee house theoretical what if nonsense. I care more about pollution than I do about global warming. Because with pollution, at least someone can point to a penguin with its head in a 6 pack holder.
    If Hitler comes back from the dead with a zombie army than we got bad luck but wouldn't you try to prevent it if there were immediate signs for his comeback?
    Climate change is as real as sunshine - it just requires a more abstract way of understanding.
    It is true, though, that spending a lot on the reduction of emission could harm industry and economy, which is probably the primary reason why republicans are deliberately against it.

Why can't we just agree that this whole "Climate change isn't real/man-made"-thing is just another way of saying "Prosperity is more important than nature".
    However, we are scientifically not that far to say we weren't dependent on nature.

Btw, if you would really be concerned about pollution than you would be on my side since carbon dioxide pollutes the air. Just look at China.

Only after the last tree has been cut down / Only after the last river has been poisoned / Only after the last fish has been caught / Then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Chief Seattle

4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist
    Likes Bknight liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
    I like your style, Jag!
    I like my style, too. Apparently, you don't like it when I tell you the truth. Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming: OMG, IT'S FAKE GLOBAL WARMING DATA!!!!! HELP US NOW!!!!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

That's actually just nitpicking on words. Saving the planet = Preserving the sensitive eco system
    We need plants and plankton to produce oxygen, etc.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

It's clear that those on the far left every bit as much as those on the far right, have their fingers in their ears on the issue. So worrying about it much much less debating it with internet people is clearly a waste of time.

The great thing though is that while the histrionic proclamations will fly in abundance, in the real world (you know the one where markets and public sentiment rule the day) things just keep rolling on along.

Likes Cygnus liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    It's clear that those on the far left every bit as much as those on the far right, have their fingers in their ears on the issue. So worrying about it much much less debating it with internet people is clearly a waste of time.

The great thing though is that while the histrionic proclamations will fly in abundance, in the real world (you know the one where markets and public sentiment rule the day) things just keep rolling on along.

Pretty much this, yeah.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics