User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: antihellenism

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default antihellenism

I've notice a lot of uneducated people make false assumptions or pretentious remarks such as the fact that Ancient Greek society was sexist among other things.

This is absolutely disgusting misappropriation of history. During the time of Ancient Greece the city states within the Hellenic boundaries were progressive liberal by standards of neighboring countries. Just look at the historical evidence of the nomadic lifestyle of the Germanic tribes to the North in which raping entire villages for resources and people was common practice.

The Greeks had the first Women generals as well or first lady military leaders.

Also they were the first society to accept and have full fledged gay rights and they were also the only society that bought slaves and then freed them.

It is shame that such racist sentiments pervade much common-folk thought and I hope this has opened your eyes to the racism lurking in others as well as in you should you project such things on to the Greeks.

Just remember, it were the Greeks who were responsible for defeating the Nazis and it were the Greeks responsible for much of our current knowledge.

Only two other countries lost as many to the Germans as the Greeks. The Greeks lost 10 percent of their population and were third place for most casualties in terms of relative population.

Also remember that the Greeks after WII received to reparations from Germany and were ousted from the conference illegally by a stroke of fraud by those at the conference upon which current Nazi enterprises are built. Remember that next time you buy a bmw.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

another thing I noticed about these racist people who say the greeks were sexist...they never seem to bring up their own cultures and how instrumental they were in literally burning thousands of women at the steak for believing in something different.

This sort of racism is despicable and a blight. I will pray for them in whatever spiritual tradition I chose...had we lived in a predominantly ancient Greek society few people would have been crucified or burned alive, that's for sure, as they were in historically speaking in all societies except for Greek - which is arguably one of the only societies which did not demonize women.
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Yes, the glory that was Greece…too bad they couldn't beat out the invading Romans.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

a fitting piece for this discussion.

Remember: The Greeks beat back an Italian army that outnumbered them almost 20-1 causing the Germans to have to fight a three front war. When the Germans invaded Greece para dropping in from the sky the men fled into the same caves they used to beat back the turks during occupation and came out and night and slaughtered the Germans. In return the Germans would come out and mass murder Greeks in the hundreds.

The plan of germany was to push through Greece using Italy to capture gas in Africa which would help them defeat the Russians.

No offense but the French failed horribly retreating and were it not for the Greeks would go down in history as the weak link in the Allied forces.

So the Greeks saved Africa from being plundered by the Germans too by resisting to the bitter end when U.S. Forces finally showed up.

This goes out to my grand-daddies fathers who fought in the war and had to suffer the damage after.

Winston Churchill said, "Heroes fight like the Greek."

The reason the Greeks do so well in war is for the very opposite of what racist mentality concludes. They are extremely unbiased when it comes to gender and liberal and progressive and all about freedom!
    it was open
    -the end"

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

to be honest...It's a good thing the outnumbered Greek army fought instead of ran like the French army or else we would be living in a very different and scary world. So not only do the Greeks give birth to the modern world but they defend it against all odds. Interesting...never realized the magnitude in hypocrisy regarding hellenic criticism. It's roots must be laid upon a foundation of bitter hatred and extreme distrust for those with darker olive complexions and curly hair and mildly thick eyebrows.
    it was open
    -the end"

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

The first time I experienced antihellnism was when I was working in a hotel and a British lady asked me what was wrong with my people for rejecting German Euro policy. She was british and I think she was suffering short term memory loss from the previous fifty years when the Nazi empire nearly drenched in blood all of Europe. Doesn't surprise me much. The British army didn't fully engage the Germans until well after the Russians and the other European countries did most of the work.

Plus we all know the Dutch India companies and the long history of the Queen brutally genocide people. Thank goodness for America. Diversity breeds tolerance and tears down the walls of racism. And thank goodness for diversity in the UK too. The UK is a great place...I'm sure this one British lady's racism is not indicative of all people there.
    it was open
    -the end"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    I liked the battle of Thermopylae before it was cool.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    to be honest...It's a good thing the outnumbered Greek army fought instead of ran like the French army or else we would be living in a very different and scary world.
    Pssshh.

Battle of Tours - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Likes GarrotTheThief, Passacaglia liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    i guess the French do have some grit after all.
    it was open
    -the end"