User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post

The world is a very dangerous place. Never forget that.
    You're right, but probably not for the reasons you think. What makes it so dangerous isn't the Islamic radicals, but our unwillingness to be politically incorrect to burn them from the face of the Earth.

Look to history for guidance. What did Genghis Khan do with a few mounted archers?

And no, education is not the answer. Know why? Aafia Siddiqui is why.

The answer is to squelch, stamp out, and otherwise eradicate evil ideologies, even if it means killing a few people that hold them.

No, it isn't pretty. Nobody says it has to be. Lots of things in life are dirty jobs. You still gotta do them.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    You're right, but probably not for the reasons you think. What makes it so dangerous isn't the Islamic radicals, but our unwillingness to be politically incorrect to burn them from the face of the Earth.
    Exactly how would you go about doing that?
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post

Here is what I am telling to people when they say that "Those stupid Americans can't win in Iraq no matter what happens".

Then I say that US is losing the war willingly because the simplest way to win would be to pull all the troops out of urban areas into a desert, destroy water supplys and some key infrastructure and prevent food from getting into populated areas.

In that case war would be over in less then a few weeks and there would not be a problem to repeat the process in other undeveloped countries.

But they will not do this because it is amoral.

They will wait for global warming to do the trick.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Here is what I am telling to people when they say that "Those stupid Americans can't win in Iraq no matter what happens".

Then I say that US is losing the war willingly because the simplest way to win would be to pull all the troops out of urban areas into a desert, destroy water supplys and some key infrastructure and prevent food from getting into populated areas.

In that case war would be over in less then a few weeks and there would not be a problem to repeat the process in other undeveloped countries.

But they will not do this because it is amoral.
    Well, not only is it immoral, but it wouldn't work either. It'd create an enormous uproar both within the US and outside and when the dust settled the US would have more enemies than they started with. Personally I think the US would implode if such a policy was pursued (or could the things that hold the USA together survive the US committing genocide on a massive scale?), and if it didn't it'd probably spark off WW3.

They will wait for global warming to do the trick.
    Hey, you have a grudge against the Netherlands? I thought it was Iraq you were after. Iraq will survive global warming.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

Well, not only is it immoral, but it wouldn't work either. It'd create an enormous uproar both within the US and outside and when the dust settled the US would have more enemies than they started with. Personally I think the US would implode if such a policy was pursued (or could the things that hold the USA together survive the US committing genocide on a massive scale?), and if it didn't it'd probably spark off WW3.

I wasn't serious and if I was, post would have been 3 pages long.
    I don't get your logic why would USA implode because of this. Many strong states in the world organised large genocides and nothing big happens.

But since you want some evil genius talk/ideas I will provide them.

Everybody in this world need something. Same works for major powers of the world. If those powers create a deal that all of them get some bonus and pay some price for that (something like a conspiracy).Then that will happen.

Also the natives in iraq can be easily misguided in all of this if you don't do damage on critical infrastructure with US troops but with car bombs so you will not be a suspect. It should not be to hard to organize something like this from US perspective and then blame terrorists for that.

Please be honest with me. How many sleepless nights did you have in the last five years because millions and millions of innocent people in north - eastern part of Africa were victims of genocide.
    My point is that if it is not on TV it is like it did not happen.

Hey, you have a grudge against the Netherlands? Iraq will survive global warming
    Do you even know what global warming and environmental crisis really is?

I thought it was Iraq you were after.
    Why would I type:

if I am just after Iraq?

Something tells me that you have never planned genocide before.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Gah, that's still too slow. Stealth fighters. Nuclear bombs. No news about it. Claim no responsibility. Join in the obligatory ensuing "we condemn this evil attack" finger pointing and keep the masses guessing until nobody gives a damn anymore.

Let's get off our moral high horse and wage war as it needs to be waged. I'd rather save lives than preserve an illusion of morality.

MBTI
    INFP

I wasn't serious and if I was, post would have been 3 pages long.
    I'm glad you weren't.

I don't get your logic why would USA implode because of this. Many strong states in the world organised large genocides and nothing big happens.

I guess I'm thinking the US is held together more by ideas/illusions than a lot of other countries, which rely more on shared background than shared vision. If the vision shatters, the glue disappears. It's another discussion entirely and I don't want to open it here. I guess it could work if the country turned more authoritarian and the operations managed to stay out of the news.

But since you want some evil genius talk/ideas I will provide them.

Everybody in this world need something. Same works for major powers of the world. If those powers create a deal that all of them get some bonus and pay some price for that (something like a conspiracy).Then that will happen.

Also the natives in iraq can be easily misguided in all of this if you don't do damage on critical infrastructure with US troops but with car bombs so you will not be a suspect. It should not be to hard to organize something like this from US perspective and then blame terrorists for that.
    Nah. It's possible to some extent, but to wipe out the entire population you need more than car bombs.

Please be honest with me. How many sleepless nights did you have in the last five years because millions and millions of innocent people in north - eastern part of Africa were victims of genocide.
    My point is that if it is not on TV it is like it did not happen.
    Well, I'm probably not the best example, as I've actively sought out news of Africa the last 10 years or so (started sometime after Rwanda, missed that one) and just finished a masters degree in history on Ghana, but I know what you mean.

It would probably be doable to confuse matters so much they didn't show up on TV in any coherent way. It would still be a huge gamble for any US administration though (unless the country turned away from democracy). A few leaks, some email sent to the wrong people, and it could explode in the news. That's why I don't believe most conspiracy theories. You have to be omniscient or extremely lucky to get away with a conspiracy that includes more than a few people.

Do you even know what global warming and environmental crisis really is?
    Yes. But I'm skeptical of the worst case scenarios, and they would hit the US hard as well, so I tried to think of a scenario that could wipe out Iraq and not seriously hit the US as well, and found none. And I was not very serious.

Why would I type:

if I am just after Iraq?

Something tells me that you have never planned genocide before.
    I know. I try my best, but my bluff is always called. I am a fraud, not an evil genious.

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    Gah, that's still too slow. Stealth fighters. Nuclear bombs. No news about it. Claim no responsibility. Join in the obligatory ensuing "we condemn this evil attack" finger pointing and keep the masses guessing until nobody gives a damn anymore.

Let's get off our moral high horse and wage war as it needs to be waged. I'd rather save lives than preserve an illusion of morality.
    Oh, I'd never thought of it like that before. Commit genocide to save lives! It's so crazy it might just work!

MBTI
    INTP

I guess I'm thinking the US is held together more by ideas/illusions than a lot of other countries, which rely more on shared background than shared vision. If the vision shatters, the glue disappears.
    Yes, that's the difference between a nation-state and a state-nation.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Oh, I'd never thought of it like that before. Commit genocide to save lives! It's so crazy it might just work!
    I'm not talking about generic lives. I'm talking about lives of people in the free world (read: Russians, Japanese, American, EU, Israel) and if I had to choose between the death of everyone in the middle east aside from those in Israel, and the death of one person in Germany, I'd write off the former option to save the latter.

Not all human lives are of equal worth IMO.