User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Provoker View Post
    Not at all. Stop watching bullshit news stations. I am implying the republicans have a strong motive to push Georgia to do what it did to South Ossetia which in turn provoked Putin.
    Your name is well chosen. I haven't watched a news station in over 6 months. Everything I know about the incident I have read online.

What evidence do you have to back your claim?

This isn't true based on many polls I've seen. But more importantly, it's not a war that can be won. Vietnam couldn't be won and a 'war on terrorism' definately can't be won. Stop buying the advertisements of the State Department of Propaganda - you may actually learn a thing or two by keeping your mouth shut and listening.
    Whether the war can be 'won' or not is irrelevant. What matters is the perception of Americans, they want to win, regardless of the situation.

The economic recession the US is in is directly linked to the war and the resources it's costing the country to continue the policy over there. So you're missing the "big picture" on that one too.
    Actually, the high energy prices are a direct result of environmental regulations (making energy production more expensive) and the declining dollar (which is the result of the failed policies of the Federal Reserve). I suggest tossing the tin foil hat aside and studying some economics.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Long live mother Russia!
    I personally think Putin is a cool guy Honestly. He makes things happen and he isn't a fucking wous. He's like a russian version of Chuck Norris, but he's the ruler (even though not officially) of a superpower.
    Hope Russia crushes Georgia like a bug beneath her heel!

?? ???? ????????!

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Long live mother Russia!
    I personally think Putin is a cool guy Honestly. He makes things happen and he isn't a fucking wous. He's like a russian version of Chuck Norris, but he's the ruler (even though not officially) of a superpower.
    Hope Russia crushes Georgia like a bug beneath her heel!

?? ???? ????????!
    Yeah, those Mugabe, Chavez, Stalin, Hitler guys are all awesome, because they didn't take any crap. . . Were you for invading Iraq, too?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTJ

Hitler was a mass murderer. Putin is just badass. Yeah, he should allow a little more free speech, but nobody's perfect.

And I say that as an American (immigrated from Kiev)

YLJ: Sposyba!
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Whether the war can be 'won' or not is irrelevant. What matters is the perception of Americans, they want to win, regardless of the situation.
    I disagree. Foreign policy is about understanding the perception of the other side. They don't do that very much in Washington and it's costing them dearly.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Your name is well chosen.
    Why thank you, you're quite handsome yourself.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    Hitler was a mass murderer. Putin is just badass. Yeah, he should allow a little more free speech, but nobody's perfect.

YLJ: Sposyba!
    I am not down with killing political enemies and shutting down opposition media. I'd be heading south to D.C. with a lot of weapons and friends in tow if I felt things were getting THAT bad here in the U.S.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    Lucky us.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Provoker View Post
    I disagree. Foreign policy is about understanding the perception of the other side. They don't do that very much in Washington and it's costing them dearly.
    That's not what we're talking about here. You said "Americans want change". I said, "No, they just want to win". If the US was winning (or at least appeared to be winning), no one would be talking about "change", they would be saying something like "Stay the course".
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Does anyone else think that Russia planned the invasion to coincide with the Olympics so it wouldn't get nearly as much news coverage?

The Olympics came about in part so we wouldn't start as many wars, and now it's being used to help cover up one.