User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    The population of the US is so much that we realistically couldn't afford to give them to everyone, unless we raised taxes.
    I bet you have a lot more tax payers there than we have here.. It's not a question of size, it's a question of will. Perhaps little less missiles and little more support for citizens? Socislism's just an ugly word in the states. Nordics are much more amiable towards gorevnment and solidarism.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    I bet you have a lot more tax payers there than we have here.. It's not a question of size, it's a question of will. Perhaps little less missiles and little more support for citizens? Socislism's just an ugly word in the states. Nordics are much more amiable towards gorevnment and solidarism.
    true but are budget is always shit ton to military and like very little to things that would actually help the people such as education and healthcare
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Here's the most shared story of BBC:

BBC News - Why Finnish babies sleep in cardboard boxes

Any thoughts? We had our own and it was great! Too bad our legistelation does not allow Finland to export and sell them abroad.
    You want to export the product of a social welfare program?

Well, I'd also like some free healthcare, unemployment, and food stamps. Thanks!

Am I willing to pay 50% taxes for lower quality service just because Europeans think that makes sense?

No, I'm not. I have a friend in Canada whose mother is dying because their socialized healthcare can't provide a liver transplant. That's the difference. Maybe we have to pay a shit ton of money for it, but we can actually say, "Can't she get on the transplant list?" and actually mean it as a serious question. Free healthcare is nice for cuts and scrapes and the occasional cold, but your advanced medicine is absolute shit.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post
    You want to export the product of a social welfare program?

Well, I'd also like some free healthcare, unemployment, and food stamps. Thanks!

Am I willing to pay 50% taxes for lower quality service just because Europeans think that makes sense?

No, I'm not. I have a friend in Canada whose mother is dying because their socialized healthcare can't provide a liver transplant. That's the difference. Maybe we have to pay a shit ton of money for it, but we can actually say, "Can't she get on the transplant list?" and actually mean it as a serious question. Free healthcare is nice for cuts and scrapes and the occasional cold, but your advanced medicine is absolute shit.
    Are you really promoting the US healthcare system as a model to emulate?

Canada ran faster than the slowest one, which is not saying much. The loser? US!
    US Health System Ranks Last Among Eleven Countries on Measures of Access, Equity, Quality, Efficiency, and Healthy Lives - The Commonwealth Fund

As for the thread topic, what an amazing idea!! And most noteworthy, the evidence backs up the success of the program on key indicators. So, it's not just a feel-good story.
    Likes ReadingRainbows, Redbone liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post

Rationing is a dirty word in the US, but it is inevitable. In the US, health care is rationed based on ability to pay. Perhaps elsewhere it is rationed on some more sensible basis, such as ability to benefit.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes ReadingRainbows liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I think Americans having to pay for their healthcare is EXACTLY why stuff like this is necessary. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Guess what happens when a poorer citizen with a baby does not have a proper bed for a baby and that baby dies from SIDS? All the money spent on government welfare assisting that woman in the hospitals and doctor offices, all that time the EMT spent at the house evaluating the child, everything potentially donated to that parent. All money wasted because someone didn't have money for something as simple as some proper sleeping clothes, a booklet of information, and a crib.

I don't really agree with the not-including-bottles thing, I've just known far too many mothers that tried very very hard to breast feed and could not for whatever reason (it'd be better to simply ask a mother if she intends to try or not) but besides that, a kit like this could help so many children and parents out there.

Americans are pretty firmly set on the idea of "Oh! A baby! I need a baby shower with lots of cute stuff bought brand new!"... It always makes me sick how much money is wasted on babies. When my nephews were smaller, we had them sleep on the floor. A thin mattress on the floor, covered in a wet-protection-bag and a sheet. If they fell out of bed, no problem. If they were running around like mad, no problem. If they were stupid and jumped on the bed no problem. My niece came along, and everyone 'pampered' her getting her a crib and the boys they got a bunk bed. It's a disaster.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    true but are budget is always shit ton to military and like very little to things that would actually help the people such as education and healthcare
    The real problem with why US healthcare cant be free is the capitalism ruling the country so much(and some people trying to keep it that way). Because of overly capitalistic ways, if you do same thing in usa under obama care than in finland, in usa it costs 10 times more. Its the big pharma that gets the profits and politicians against obama care are trying to keep it that way, most likely just to make obama fail and to keep their real bosses(large companies) happy. Ofc it doesent help that so many politicians have been payed for their position by large companies so that they would run their errands in the congress.
    This isnt democracy in my opinion, just some two faced bullshitting that gives enough rope for the people(and also fool and manipulate them) so that they think they live in a real democratic country, but the real decision makers are large companies.
    If people knew really how cheap they could get free healthcare, im sure many would choose differently. Not to even mention that if people paid their health insurance money to government instead, majority could actually get it cheaper than now, poor people would get it free and super rich could go to private sector for health care anyway..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read
    Likes prplchknz, Hard liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    The real problem with why US healthcare cant be free is the capitalism ruling the country so much(and some people trying to keep it that way). Because of overly capitalistic ways, if you do same thing in usa under obama care than in finland, in usa it costs 10 times more. Its the big pharma that gets the profits and politicians against obama care are trying to keep it that way, most likely just to make obama fail and to keep their real bosses(large companies) happy. Ofc it doesent help that so many politicians have been payed for their position by large companies so that they would run their errands in the congress.
    This isnt democracy in my opinion, just some two faced bullshitting that gives enough rope for the people(and also fool and manipulate them) so that they think they live in a real democratic country, but the real decision makers are large companies.
    If people knew really how cheap they could get free healthcare, im sure many would choose differently. Not to even mention that if people paid their health insurance money to government instead, majority could actually get it cheaper than now, poor people would get it free and super rich could go to private sector for health care anyway..
    yeah I dunno me personally would rather pay more and know i'm fine long term then worrying if something happens how i'm going to pay. plus I'm not competetive and i seek more security (for my personal life) then i do being the best or making the most money. because if i'm dead or stressed cuz i don't feel safe there's no point in tons of money, just enough money to live security comes first everything else comes second in my mind. if i'm paying higher taxes for free education and healthcare and other services i'm not spending that money in my daily life. Has anyone ever broken down the costs of paying taxes for everyone to have the services vs each individual paying for themselves?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post

Americans are pretty firmly set on the idea of "Oh! A baby! I need a baby shower with lots of cute stuff bought brand new!"... It always makes me sick how much money is wasted on babies. When my nephews were smaller, we had them sleep on the floor. A thin mattress on the floor, covered in a wet-protection-bag and a sheet. If they fell out of bed, no problem. If they were running around like mad, no problem. If they were stupid and jumped on the bed no problem. My niece came along, and everyone 'pampered' her getting her a crib and the boys they got a bunk bed. It's a disaster.

When I was young, we didn't even let babies sleep in the house. We would build tiny little igloos for them and just stuff them in there for the winter, resupplying them with cans of baked beans as circumstances dictated. In the summer, we would train them to pick grapes and other agricultural products. It was that kind of can-do, self-reliant attitude that helped us beat the French in WWIII.

These days, there's all this pussy crap about how babies "need" shelter and how they're too dumb to learn how to use can openers. Apparently, they "need" to drink water and milk and can't even tolerate a quart of brandy. This kind of crap is making America soft.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes BadOctopus, Ghost liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    When I was young, we didn't even let babies sleep in the house.
    We actually let babies sleep outside. In winter. It's a common habit here.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla
    Likes Qre:us liked this post