User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Some of them are evil (Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot) and some of them are corrupt (Chicago politicians) but I don't think most American lefties are evil. They are just dangerously misquided and their irrational beliefs have indeed ruined many, many lives (the current economic state, Detroit's educational system, the Veterans Affairs Administration, Benghazi, Fast and Furious, etc.).
    This is where I take issue with you, Tellenbach. I fully respect your opinions, whether or not I agree with them, but you have to realize that EVERYTHING in that bolded statement applies equally to far-right wingers. I'm an independent moderate and there is little more frustrating than political zealotry from EITHER SIDE of the political spectrum. Show me an "evil" or "misguided" liberal and I guarantee there will be an "evil" or "misguided" conservative to match. You can't have a civil discussion with most of these people, because they're so set in their beliefs that it's rare they're willing to hear any differing view or opinion or meet the opposition in the middle.
    Likes Tellenbach liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    Political correctness is much less of a thing than conservatives make it out to be.
    This.

I'd also argue that many so-called liberals and leftist couldn't give two shits about using politically correct language. Political correctness is always amplified by liberals in the media, just as conservative media figures love to make a big deal about stores and town halls using the term "holiday" rather than "christmas" --I have yet to encounter a person who really cares whether a store replaces "christmas sale" with "holiday sale" and I live in the bible belt.

At the end of the day, most people don't give a shit, because these aren't real issues, but rather bullshit non-issues meant to polarize the American public so their minds are taken off of how bad they're ALL being fucked by the corporate oligarchy pulling the strings of media and government regardless of which party is running the 3 branches of gov't during any given year.
    Likes Hard, Passacaglia liked this post

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    This.

I'd also argue that many so-called liberals and leftist couldn't give two shits about using politically correct language.
    This is true, but there are also many who do, and are incredibly self-righteous and obnoxious about it. It seems to be fed by social media platforms that encourage a hive mentality and discourage independent thought. Twitter and Tumblr seem to be the biggest examples. It's gotten to the point where I'd just call these people cyberbullies (and the entire attitude they have towards dissenting ideas seems very neo-Stalinist).

You have social justice activists, and then social justice warriors. The activists actually do things and fight for change, and tend to have principles. They're cool. Warriors just act like pricks and delude themselves into thinking they're making a difference (Most of them don't even vote). I could do with less of those.

Not that the right doesn't have comparable forms of stupid, but they aren't the ones I have to fend off these days.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes Hard liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    This is true, but there are also many who do, and are incredibly self-righteous and obnoxious about it. It seems to be fed by social media platforms that encourage a hive mentality and discourage independent thought. Twitter and Tumblr seem to be the biggest example. It's gotten to the point where I'd just call these people cyberbullies (and the entire attitude they have towards dissenting ideas seems very neo-Stalinist).

You have social justice activists, and then social justice warriors. The activists actually do things and fight for change, and tend to have principles. They're cool. Warriors just act like pricks and delude themselves into thinking they're making a difference. I could do with less of those.

Not that the right doesn't have comparable forms of stupid, but they aren't the ones I have to fend off these days.
    Again, much of this is true for ultra-conservatives as well. I've seen my share of liberal cyber bullies, but I've also seen many conservatives bullying people on social media outlets.

You kind of made this point in that last sentence, so I'm not necessarily disagreeing.

Just move to the deep south and you'll find yourself fending off plenty of conservatives. It all depends on where you go. That so-called hive mentality can be found in any group which is homogeneous in its' political/moral/etc views. An echo chamber will exist in most of these cases, the noises within further amplified by whatever popular news source fits the agenda. Fox News, MSNBC, NPR, Rush Limbaugh--take your pick.

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash
    I fully respect your opinions, whether or not I agree with them, but you have to realize that EVERYTHING in that bolded statement applies equally to far-right wingers. I'm an independent moderate and there is little more frustrating than political zealotry from EITHER SIDE of the political spectrum.
    I agree that far-right wingers can be irrational and dangerous (the middle east and Africa), but in the U.S., it's the leftists who are currently (and historically) the most dangerous and destructive. It's not even close in my country.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    I agree that far-right wingers can be irrational and dangerous (the middle east and Africa), but in the U.S., it's the leftists who are currently (and historically) the most dangerous and destructive. It's not even close in my country.
    Wait until they have full control in 2017...

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Again, much of this is true for ultra-conservatives as well. I've seen my share of liberal cyber bullies, but I've also seen many conservatives bullying people on social media outlets.

You kind of made this point in that last sentence, so I'm not necessarily disagreeing.

Just move to the deep south and you'll find yourself fending off plenty of conservatives. It all depends on where you go. That so-called hive mentality can be found in any group which is homogeneous in its' political/moral/etc views. An echo chamber will exist in most of these cases, the noises within further amplified by whatever popular news source fits the agenda. Fox News, MSNBC, NPR, Rush Limbaugh--take your pick.
    The difference i that conservatives have an antsy MSM picking through everything they do with a fine tooth comb in an effort to find all the worst examples possible, while those same outlets do everything they can to gloss over issues, stories, and people that cast liberalism in an unfavorable light.

That shit makes a huge difference.

Wait until they have full control in 2017...
    Can't wait to cram some executive actions down the other sides throat.

Its about to be the left's turn to be stranded in the wilderness.
    Likes grey_beard, SD45T-2 liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

*sees thread title*

*clicks thread*

7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes Passacaglia, Qre:us, asynartetic liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows. -- George Orwell
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    This isn't even remotely close to accurate. You're burning hatred of anything even slightly left just leads you to believe that everyone who holds leftist views is evil, morally corrupt, and trying to destroy the world. Very very very few people actually seek that, and they can be found amongst all parties when they are found.
    You're right. Most leftists are actually mindless sheep who can do nothing more than bleat whatever meme they've been conditioned to spout, at the mere hint of crimethink.
    Check your privilege. (Trigger warning.)

How many members of Charlie Hebdo were gunned down by Roman Catholic Knights Templar for the following *other* cover of Charlie Hebdo?
    And yet...I'll bet your first instinct is to shout "Freedom of Speech!" or some such bullshit, which doesn't apply when your sensibilities are offended, because {fill in the Orwellian name of crimethink here}.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.