User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    I'm not. I'm saying what I'm saying. I never said that you said anything in particular.
    then why do i feel like you are? (i don't mean that in a ugh her shoes are so ugly i hope they cut circulation to her foot and she looses them, anyone with shoes that ugly don't deserve feet, but rather i'm curious)
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    then why do i feel like you are? (i don't mean that in a ugh her shoes are so ugly i hope they cut circulation to her foot and she looses them, anyone with shoes that ugly don't deserve feet, but rather i'm curious)
    I'm not sure. Maybe because I didn't make it obvious that I'm not. But I'm not meaning to.

There's a vague connection at best. You mentioned freedom of choice, so I talked about it only because you mentioned it, not because I was replying to any stance you have (because you didn't actually say one to begin with anyway)

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    I'm not sure. Maybe because I didn't make it obvious that I'm not. But I'm not meaning to.

There's a vague connection at best. You mentioned freedom of choice, so I talked about it only because you mentioned it, not because I was replying to any stance you have (because you didn't actually say one to begin with anyway)
    o ok good, yeah that's probably it.
    @EJCC
    (see this is why i like when people keep replying instead of getting 2 replies in and they go you're being dramatic blah blah blah, and refuse to cooperate, now i have an answer)
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

School vouchers. "Excuse, what is this school's policy on non vaccinated kids?" Depending on the answer and the parent, people will vote with their voucher and begin to self segregate without government involvement.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    throw the "climate change is a marketing hoax" libertarians there while you're at it. 3-way idiot match.
    This might interest you: "Libertarian Group Aims to Influence Immigration, Climate-Change Policies" Libertarian Group Aims to Influence Immigration, Climate-Change Policies - Washington Wire - WSJ

"One of the group’s most provocative proposals centers on an issue rarely viewed as a Republican priority: climate change. The Niskanen Center advocates a tax on carbon emissions that would replace existing environmental regulations."
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

The backlash against vaccines, one of the most effective medical miracles of our time, is a really regrettable social trend. Wakefield was so breathtakingly unethical, I don't understand why he's not in jail. I don't know about segregating, but I do know if I find out someone I know is unvaccinated I try to limit the amount of time my kids and I spend around them.
    Likes ReadingRainbows liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Also- as a parent of a child with autism, I deeply resent the implication that it would be better for my child to contract and possibly die from the measles than be the way he is. Autism is the way he's wired- it didn't just show up after his MMR. That's when we noticed it, because that's when his language and other delays became remarkable. But once I knew what to look for I realized he had been wired differently from the very beginning.
    Likes ReadingRainbows liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

@SpankyMcFly

Study: You Can't Change an Anti-Vaxxer's Mind | Mother Jones

Finally, Nyhan adds that in order to protect public health by encouraging widespread vaccinations, public communication efforts aren't the only tools at our disposal. "Other policy measures might be more effective," he notes. For instance, recently we reported on how easy it is for parents to dodge getting their kids vaccinated in some states; in some cases, it requires little more than a onetime signature on a form. Tightening these policies might be considerably more helpful than trying to win hearts and minds. That wasn't really working out anyway, and thanks to the new study, we now know that vaccine deniers' imperviousness to facts may be a key part of the reason why.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    The backlash against vaccines, one of the most effective medical miracles of our time, is a really regrettable social trend. Wakefield was so breathtakingly unethical, I don't understand why he's not in jail. I don't know about segregating, but I do know if I find out someone I know is unvaccinated I try to limit the amount of time my kids and I spend around them.
    Additionally, I think if one rejects vaccines they must also reject progress which made vaccines necessary, e.g. travel and commerce.

The reason diseases became such a problem is that we started living in cities and trading with other regions so that the natural buffers which prevent disease from getting out of hand ended up being broken down and everyone involved lost the protection they had. Progress is what made the plague such an unmitigated disaster, and in some ways is what caused it to happen on the level it did to begin with.

So if we want to enjoy imports and exports from other countries and like to be able to get on a plane and go see relatives, we kind of have to accept the vaccine as a price for the fact that a global community harbors and exacerbates all sorts of diseases and spreads them around.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Sure, as long as we also allow parents to send their kids to school with asbestos lunchboxes.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Ivy, ReadingRainbows liked this post