User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Maybe we could drop both the evolution deniers and the anti-vax people on an island where they battle to the death. That would rid the world of a whole lot of stupid.
    throw the "climate change is a marketing hoax" libertarians there while you're at it. 3-way idiot match.
    Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

OP: what do you mean by well informed about this topic and science?

you mean years of studying about autism, to claim it is inborn... etc? that's what i call educated on the topic.

even if its inborn, fetus can be exposed to mercury/toxins load that is higher that its tolerance and later vaccine can trigger the cascade.

MBTI
    yupp

Why We Didn’t Vaccinate Our Child | Night of the Living Dad

I'm all for freedom of choice, but not when that choice causes problems for others.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Why We Didn’t Vaccinate Our Child | Night of the Living Dad

I'm all for freedom of choice, but not when that choice causes problems for others.
    We can't restrict freedom of choice anyway - at least not short of mind control, or locking people up prematurely. Just look at all the shootings that have happened lately for example. They were obviously free to make the choice to commit murder because it happened.

Freedom of choice is actually a non-issue. What happens afterwards is the issue. Because just like with murder and theft, making laws doesn't stop it from happening.

This is why I said earlier to approach it from a pragmatic standpoint. Don't expect to change people's minds with threats. Expect resistance because it's going to happen, just like with people who drive at unsafe speeds or drive drunk even.

Edit:
    Not to mention that people are a lot more likely to resist when they believe they are justified in doing so. Be prepared for an uphill battle.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    We can't restrict freedom of choice anyway - at least not short of mind control, or locking people up prematurely. Just look at all the shootings that have happened lately for example. They were obviously free to make the choice to commit murder because it happened.

Freedom of choice is actually a non-issue. What happens afterwards is the issue. Because just like with murder and theft, making laws doesn't stop it from happening.

This is why I said earlier to approach it from a pragmatic standpoint. Don't expect to change people's minds with threats. Expect resistance because it's going to happen, just like with people who drive at unsafe speeds or drive drunk even.
    did you notice i never answered the question if we should segregate the people? just that i don't like when freedom of choice is taken away? also think about it murder is pretty illegal and there's a lot of people who don't murder because they don't want to go to jail, so same idea.Yeah part of me thinks it should illegal to not get vaccinated, unless you have a legit medical reason signed by a board certified doctor. Because that action is no longer affected just you and your family, but the population as a whole. But to physically segregate them, no, I think that's not the solution. and yes even if there were heavier penalities their would still be anti-vaxxers. also read this:

How to debunk false beliefs without having it backfire - Vox

That’s a classic study where people are told there’s a fire in a warehouse, and we found oil paints or flammable materials in the wiring cabinet. Then, later on, it will say, by the way, the wiring cabinet was empty. Now, if that's all you do, people will still think that there was oil paint in the wiring cabinet. Just simply saying something isn't true doesn't do the trick.

But instead, if you say the wiring cabinet was empty, and we found some petrol-soaked rags [elsewhere] at the scene, then people forget about the wiring cabinet because they have an alternative explanation for the fire. You need an alternative to let people let go of the initial information.
    which is a problem with the autism thing cuz we don't know what causes it.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFJ

@prplchknz

I don't agree with segregation either but the mob does whatever it wants against advice anyway so fuck it.

MBTI
    yupp

@prplchknz

I don't agree with segregation either but the mob does whatever it wants against advice anyway so fuck it.
    why are you putting words in my mouth?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFJ

why are you putting words in my mouth?
    I'm not.

MBTI
    yupp

I'm not.
    but you are you keep responding to things i've apparently said when I haven't.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFJ

but you are you keep responding to things i've apparently said when I haven't.
    I'm not. I'm saying what I'm saying. I never said that you said anything in particular.