The government is like a Parent or a Teacher.
Teach your Children correctly, and you receive modeled citizens.
Teach them incorrectly, and you receive Children that defy You.
Hold your Children dearly, and they'd love you with every inch.
Slap and Torture your Children, and you'd raised Children that hate You.
Listen to Your Children, and they'd listen to You.
Ignore what your Children are saying by calling It nonsense and you raise Children who won't listen to You.
Suspect your children, and they'll suspect YOU.

A load of rhetoric there, but I found an article, by pure chance, about Justice Louis Brandeis (when I was learning about Justice cases and historical Justices, I would always stare at his name. He has the highest GPA of all time in Harvard Law School. Probably my favorite Justice of all time, even though many of his cases were always with the dissenting opinion.)

One quote that I found particularly strong is this one:

Decency, security, and liberty alike demand that government officials shall be subjected to the same rules of conduct that are commands to the citizen. In a government of laws, existence of the government will be imperiled if it fails to observe the law scrupulously. Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. To declare that in the administration of the criminal law the end justifies the means -- to declare that the government may commit crimes in order to secure the conviction of a private criminal -- would bring terrible retribution. Against that pernicious doctrine this court should resolutely set its face.
I couldn't help start stringing some events from the past 5 decades and some of the issues that have re-popped again in recent years, and thought, ..... "HOLY!!!!"

Just some political thought process, feel free to destroy it.