User Tag List

First 23456 Last

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail!
    It's interesting to read how my country looks from a Fascist perspective like yours.
    I'm certainly not the least bit fascist and I doubt Ms. Gabriel is either. If you want a large muslim population in your country, that's your business. Now, I'm gonna go blog about the differences between libertarianism and fascism.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.
    Likes Kullervo liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    I was happy to see Germany show some balls. I wish more countries would:

“No, you cannot kill our freedom.”

Sadly there was an arson attack on a Hamburg newspaper last night that had also published the Charlie Hebdo cartoon. It's still under investigation but a causal relationship is very likely.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

The conspiracy nuts have been out already posting videos on facebook this morning implying that no one was actually shot, its a corporate media conspiracy against islam.

I cant believe it sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Well let's be positive, attacks like these can only help the nationalist movements in Europe.
    What's positive about that?

I presume by nationalist you mean groups like that asshole who murdered children in Norway?

That's a fine choice for anyone, do you want to be murdered by the forces of nazi conspiracy nuts or do you want to be murdered by political islamists?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Sadly there was an arson attack on a Hamburg newspaper last night that had also published the Charlie Hebdo cartoon. It's still under investigation but a causal relationship is very likely.
    Oh yeah, I heard about that. At least no one was hurt, and the building damage was minimal.

I'd agree about the likelihood of the cause.

I'd like to think that they knew something like this would happen, thus the balls. How could you not? Germany especially has a large Turkish Muslim population. I'm sure there's plenty of extremists within it.

It would be a hard decision whether or not to publish that. It's right, imo, but dangerous. Wonder if they regret it, hope not.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post

I presume by nationalist you mean groups like that asshole who murdered children in Norway?
    If you read Breivik's manifesto you would see that he considered Nazism and Islam similar in nature. This is not a typical nationalist position. In fact Breivik derived his ideas from the counterjihad movement, a ethnically blind, religiously motivated alternative to nationalism which is funded by American neoconservative organisations.

That's a fine choice for anyone, do you want to be murdered by the forces of nazi conspiracy nuts or do you want to be murdered by political islamists?
    I support nationalism because the drawbacks of racial diversity substantially outweigh any benefits. Most people do so for the same reason. You don't have to be a hateful person to realise that mass immigration degrades some of the things that make Western countries unique and safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    If you read Breivik's manifesto you would see that he considered Nazism and Islam similar in nature. This is not a typical nationalist position. In fact Breivik derived his ideas from the counterjihad movement, a ethnically blind, religiously motivated alternative to nationalism which is funded by American neoconservative organisations.

I support nationalism because the drawbacks of racial diversity substantially outweigh any benefits. Most people do so for the same reason. You don't have to be a hateful person to realise that mass immigration degrades some of the things that make Western countries unique and safe.
    That all sounds like a pack of toxic lies.

If there are ideas carried by immigrants from one country to another which are antithetical to the things you regard as uniquely western, which I think is a problematic belief all by itself but not surprising from an ahistorical nationalist, then those ideas are only a mirror of other equally antithetical ones which are already there.

Objectively I see no difference between Brevik and terrorists such as the jihadists in France, they are all part of the anti-life equation, they all conspired to murder children, whether its in Norway or Pakistan, and deliberately choose weak, vulnerable targets which can not prove any sort of a challenge to them.

A protest rally of 3 million people has taken to the streets today in protest of what happened.

Bravo!

3 million!!!

I wonder whether there weren't any anti-islamic voices within those protesters. That would defeat the purpose yes but it's hard to imagine atleast a few people raising their voices in that protest against Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    A protest rally of 3 million people has taken to the streets today in protest of what happened.

Bravo!

3 million!!!

I wonder whether there weren't any anti-islamic voices within those protesters. That would defeat the purpose yes but it's hard to imagine atleast a few people raising their voices in that protest against Islam.
    There was a massive anti-islamic rally in Germany on the day this atrocity actually happened in France.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I take it you aren't very familiar with SilentMusings and his feelings on race, nationality and oh how could I forget, feminism.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes velveteen liked this post