User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 51

  1. #1
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default Attention canadians: is canuck a racial slur?

    i mean on the level as the n word in the united states?
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  2. #2
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i mean on the level as the n word in the united states?
    No. But it does depend a bit on who's saying it and how.

    Canuck - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
    Likes prplchknz, Codex liked this post

  3. #3
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Since Canadians are not a race, it is nothing like calling a black person the n word, to derogatorily refer to their race (alluding to negroid, which is an anthropological categorization of race).

    This is such a ridiculous comparison

  4. #4
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,725

    Default

    No I don't think so but if so, they need to rename their NHL team in Vancouver.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes prplchknz, five sounds liked this post

  5. #5
    subterfugee Xann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,749

    Default

    Yes it is, those posting who are not of Canadian origin haven't really got a clue, just like misguided users of typology who have failed to read Jung's original writings. "Canuck" is amongst the foulest terms ones could employ in certain areas of Canada, but it does vary depending on context and exact location/local custom.
    Likes chickpea, Codex liked this post

  6. #6
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertCalifornia View Post
    Yes it is, those posting who are not of Canadian origin haven't really got a clue, just like misguided users of typology who have failed to read Jung's original writings. "Canuck" is amongst the foulest terms ones could employ in certain areas of Canada, but it does vary depending on context and exact location/local custom.
    It's not offensive for probably 98% of the population. On the other hand, the "n" word probably offends waaaay more people.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  7. #7
    Senior Member Adam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    DEUS
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Since Canadians are not a race, it is nothing like calling a black person the n word, to derogatorily refer to their race (alluding to negroid, which is an anthropological categorization of race).

    This is such a ridiculous comparison
    Greaseball, guido, dago, wop, goombah, mick, paki, curry muncher.
    ‘Many novelties have come from America. The most startling of these, a thing without precedent, is a mass of undignified poor. They do not love one another because they do not love themselves.’

    ‘And we will have made great strides in equality,
    when few have too much and fewer too little.’.

  8. #8
    Happy Halloween! Codex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    It's not offensive for probably 98% of the population. On the other hand, the "n" word probably offends waaaay more people.
    " My insult is worse than yours" doesn't invalidate that it is still insulting.

    But I can imagine it is like an American being called a Yank.
    Likes Xann liked this post

  9. #9
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    " My insult is worse than yours" doesn't invalidate that it is still insulting.

    But I can imagine it is like an American being called a Yank.
    I've been called a yank really not insulted at all
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so
    Likes Codex, Rasofy liked this post

  10. #10
    Happy Halloween! Codex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I've been called a yank really not insulted at all
    Likes prplchknz, five sounds liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Is the word "thug" a racial slur?
    By Crabs in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-22-2015, 08:09 AM
  2. Video Proves There Is No Racial Profiling In America
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-07-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-24-2010, 11:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO