veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Wait a minute, you are saying that people who really pay attention to politics will see through Obama's campaign and vote based on McCain's superior policies? What country are we talking about again?
    Nope, I didn't say anything of the kind.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Nope, I didn't say anything of the kind.
    Okay. Could you clarify, then?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    ...Why does it seem Barack Obama suddenly responsible for every comment (asinine or no) prominent black people make that is related to this election? This started with the whole Rev. Wright debacle back in February. Why is this necessary? Do people really believe that he holds these opinions or is he having to play it extremely safe in order to not scare off white voters? White voters would you associate these comments with Obama's beliefs and would this turn you off towards him? Would comments like this change your vote if you are undecided about voting for him? Would you think he agreed with these remarks if he didn't publicly denounce them?
    This speaks to something I was thinking about the other day. I get frustrated during elections because the bulk of the media information and commentary is an analysis of each candidate's public relations prowess. It is really difficult oftentimes to even find out where each candidate stands on issues and what the experts in those fields think and debate in response to that. Instead it is all about if they trip, mispronounce something, are associated with someone offensive, look good, can play the saxophone, etc. The complete focus on image over substance in the media creates these ridiculous kinds of requirements. It seems like whoever wins the best PR image wins the votes.

From what I have seen of the campaign, he is proceeding with the most dignity and reason I have seen in a candidate in quite some time. He has also presented his plans on the important issues. Whether or not he publicly denounces other people's mis-speaking does not affect my impression of him.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Okay. Could you clarify, then?
    Which part?

Wait a minute, you are saying that people who really pay attention to politics will see through Obama's campaign and vote based on McCain's superior policies? What country are we talking about again?
    I don't know but Jeffster seems to make little logical sense, if at all. I suspect he is doing a poor job of attempting to engage people in debate by playing Devil's advocate, but his argument needs more work.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

^
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    This speaks to something I was thinking about the other day. I get frustrated during elections because the bulk of the media information and commentary is an analysis of each candidate's public relations prowess. It is really difficult oftentimes to even find out where each candidate stands on issues and what the experts in those fields think and debate in response to that. Instead it is all about if they trip, mispronounce something, are associated with someone offensive, look good, can play the saxophone, etc. The complete focus on image over substance in the media creates these ridiculous kinds of requirements. It seems like whoever wins the best PR image wins the votes.
    It's been that way since the Kennedy era. However, Clinton's campaign strategists had little foresight into attempting to win over popular media until it was just a little too late.

From what I have seen of the campaign, he is proceeding with the most dignity and reason I have seen in a candidate in quite some time. He has also presented his plans on the important issues. Whether or not he publicly denounces other people's mis-speaking does not affect my impression of him.
    I don't think McCain will be much a candidate to beat for Obama. If Romney had been the Republican choice, then he would've had a formidable opponent.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Wait a minute, you are saying that people who really pay attention to politics will see through Obama's campaign and vote based on McCain's superior policies?
    I'll jump in front of that bullet!

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Algora J View Post
    I don't know but Jeffster seems to make little logical sense, if at all.
    Well, I'll never argue with that.

I suspect he is doing a poor job of attempting to engage people in debate by playing Devil's advocate, but his argument needs more work.
    Nope, definitely wrong on this one. I was stating the way things are as I see them, in response to cafe's slobbering all over Obama. No debate sought in the slightest.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Which part?
    These parts:
    Obama can pretend he's some sort of new agent for change if he wants to, but anybody who really pays attention to politics knows it's a load of manure.

And in the end, McCain will win and when all you Obamanoids are crying and saying "Why? How did this happen?" I've giving you the answer right now. That's typical politics.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers