User Tag List

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Default Peshawar school attack

Militants from the Pakistani Taliban have attacked an army-run school in Peshawar, killing 141 people, 132 of them children, the military say.
    Officials say the attack in the north-western city is over, with all the attackers killed. Seven militants took part in all, according to the army.

Scores of survivors are being treated in hospitals as frantic parents search for news of their children.

The attack - the Taliban's deadliest in Pakistan - has been widely condemned.

Describing the attack from his hospital bed to the BBC's Shaimaa Khalil, Shahrukh Khan, 17, said a gunman had entered his classroom and opened fire at random.

As he hid under a desk, he saw his friends being shot, one in the head and one in the chest. Two teachers were also killed.

BBC News - Pakistan Taliban: Peshawar school attack leaves 141 dead
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

This was really terrible.

The Taliban has seriously crossed the line here. What were they doing - trying to be more like IS? I think they've lost a bunch of Pakistani supporters through this.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INTJ

That is really really messed up. Poor kids....

Ugh.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    This was really terrible.

The Taliban has seriously crossed the line here. What were they doing - trying to be more like IS? I think they've lost a bunch of Pakistani supporters through this.
    Yes.

I guess I can only hope that this really is a watershed moment for Pakistan though it is very very hard to think of hope when something like this happens.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx

I think the degree of brutality is being systematically pegged upwards. IMO, it points to secret nexus with some state support from countries that have seen the most extraordinary degrees of brutality deliberately employed backed by doctrines advocating terrorism's purpose. I expect to see safe havens emerging along such state borders for the IS. That will be a major game changing development.
    “By our stumbling, the world is perfected.”
    ― Sri Aurobindo

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Yes.

I guess I can only hope that this really is a watershed moment for Pakistan though it is very very hard to think of hope when something like this happens.
    "Hope. Pandora brought the jar 25 with the evils and opened it. It was the gods' gift to man, on the outside a beautiful, enticing gift, called the "lucky jar." Then all the evils, those lively, winged beings, flew out of it. Since that time, they roam around and do harm to men by day and night. One single evil had not yet slipped out of the jar. As Zeus had wished, Pandora slammed the top down and it remained inside. So now man has the lucky jar in his house forever and thinks the world of the treasure. It is at his service; he reaches for it when he fancies it. For he does not know that that jar which Pandora brought was the jar of evils, and he takes the remaining evil for the greatest worldly good--it is hope, for Zeus did not want man to throw his life away, no matter how much the other evils might torment him, but rather to go on letting himself be tormented anew. To that end, he gives man hope. In truth, it is the most evil of evils because it prolongs man's torment."

~Nietzsche
    Likes senza tema liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

My mom recently did a radio show as a tribute to those who lost their lives in the Peshawar massacre. Of course, most of it is in Hindi, but the songs and poems were very emotional: https://app.box.com/s/tx24rju1yysq436fpuef
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

Likes cm81 liked this post

There were precidents for this, including Beslan, the political muslims dont appear to have any limits or boundaries to the sort of war they want to fight, on their own kind as much as on anyone else, a lot of other terror groups in history have had concepts about what constituted a legitimate target and while its arguable that this could easily be a disputed definition there's a point to be made that its about limited the conflict they are involved in, as in limited warfare like Tsu Szu rather than Clausewitz's Total War.

ISIS or ISIL or whatever has killed more muslims than it has anyone else since it came into existence, it is buying and selling muslim women among other sorts of oppression they usually attribute to others, mainly vaguely defined foreign others.