User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 188

  1. #81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    The world will be a better place without billions of people worshiping an imaginary evil god.
    For as many times as this is repeated, I've never seen anyone provide cogent reasoning to back it up.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

  2. #82
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Poverty, violence, sexism, corruption. That is the legacy of Islam. Christianity is no better. Western civilization didn't take off until the Enlightenment. Christians try to give their religion credit, claiming things like "'Murica is a Christian nation", but they're wrong. The US is a secular nation. Christianity is dying a slow death (I wish it would speed up). Islam would be dying if it wasn't for the fact that Muslims have so many children that they can brainwash. Once Muslim countries are raised out of poverty and their birth rates fall, Islam will start dying too.
    These are the legacy of human civilization, or perhaps simply human nature. Those interested in maintaining that status quo used and continue to use religion as justification. Those working for change sometimes use religion, too, though not as often or as effectively. Religion is a tool, and like any other can be used to wreak havoc in the hands of a despot, demagogue or madman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    In both cases, good riddance. The world will be a better place without billions of people worshiping an imaginary evil god.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    For as many times as this is repeated, I've never seen anyone provide cogent reasoning to back it up.
    People tend to admire and try to emulate that which they worship. If they worship something evil, they will likely try to do evil in their lives, to make themselves acceptable to their object of worship, and because they allow their object of worship to set the rules and to define what is right.

    This much should be obvious. The problem is that definitions of good and evil can vary substantially, with one person's good being another's ticket to hell.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes EffEmDoubleyou, BadOctopus liked this post

  3. #83
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    As of today terror chatting has increased and we have been warned by our Prime Minister, Tony Abbott, that a second Islamic terror attack is likely.

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    The problem for us is that narcissists can't bear to face the reality of an international death cult.
    The death cult is growing and expanding and won't go away. And the narcissists can't and won't believe it, putting us all at risk.
    Yes I'm sure that's it. Everyone's a narcissist in denial, except you and your pals.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    I have tried to engage muslims in dialogue for some time. But without result.
    It's fairly obvious to me why they might consider this a waste of time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    As of today terror chatting has increased and we have been warned by our Prime Minister, Tony Abbott, that a second Islamic terror attack is likely.
    Hook, line, sinker.
    Likes Hard liked this post

  5. #85
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chthonic View Post
    Yes I'm sure that's it. Everyone's a narcissist in denial, except you and your pals.

    It's fairly obvious to me why they might consider this a waste of time.

    Hook, line, sinker.
    And today two Islamists, part of a cell of 20, were arrested, brought before our Criminal Court and charged with preparing to carry out a terrorist attack against the Australian public.

    They will be provided with the best Criminal Defence barristers, are innocent until proved guilty beyond reasonable doubt, and accorded all the protection our Rules of Evidence provide the Accused in our Criminal Courts.

  6. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    And today two Islamists, part of a cell of 20, were arrested, brought before our Criminal Court and charged with preparing to carry out a terrorist attack against the Australian public.

    They will be provided with the best Criminal Defence barristers, are innocent until proved guilty beyond reasonable doubt, and accorded all the protection our Rules of Evidence provide the Accused in our Criminal Courts.
    Good job. Now go home and have xmas and stop winding up the general populace.

  7. #87
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chthonic View Post
    Good job. Now go home and have xmas and stop winding up the general populace.
    The Australian public keeps calm and carries on. Australia is a successful multi-cultural country of immigrants. Australia is consistently rated as one of the most tolerant countries in the world. Under The Universal Declaration of Human Rights Australia protects the human rights of all Subjects of Her Majesty. By contrast the Islamists reject The Universal Declaration of Human Rights and seek to impose Sharia by terror.

  8. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    The Australian public keeps calm and carries on. Australia is a successful multi-cultural country of immigrants. Australia is consistently rated as one of the most tolerant countries in the world. Under The Universal Declaration of Human Rights Australia protects the human rights of all Subjects of Her Majesty. By contrast the Islamists reject The Universal Declaration of Human Rights and seek to impose Sharia by terror.
    You might want to redefine your definition of success there. Australia is a country of immigrants yes. That also....

    Currently has a govt induced housing bubble happily spiralling out of control. Experience around the globe proves that housing bubbles rapidly transfer wealth from people's savings into government coffers via taxes. In Australia's case, stamp duty. NSW a previously bankrupt state will turn a $1.2 bill surplus the year on the bank of housing speculation in Sydney. In the meantime the only people getting rich are the banking system and the govt as the populace are losing their future earnings to interest payments.

    This same govt allows temporary residents to purchase land. Something no other country in the world allows for obvious reasons. You don't really want foreign interests controlling the dirt beneath your feet.

    Foreign residents can purchase residency rights to Australia for a mere $5 mill 'investment'. Great idea to give money launderers an easy way to move to Australia and set up shop. Awesome.

    Australia has a Govt firmly in the pocket of big money. This ridiculous hyping of terror threats is all about bread and circuses To keep the populace from looking at local policy with proper scrutiny and noticing the facts...

    Australia's manufacturing base packed up and went elsewhere leaving it with an ever weakening terms of trade and almost no ability to provide for itself should global trade deteriorate to the point of ceasing.

    7000 jobs in Perth disappeared in a single week. Official figures are 2,500 (bad enough) but the other 4,500 were contract workers who's contracts will not be renewed so they hit the soup kitchen line unnoticed. But they still have families and bills to pay.

    Australia has sold coal seam gas licenses to big firms who have already damaged environments in the US irreversibly. They are now set to do the same in a country with extremely fragile water supplies. Most of these CSG plants are located right on the artesian basin in QLD, the country's main water supply. Competing for water with our growers, leaving mountains of toxic salt in the environment and creating water so polluted by heavy metals it cannot be reused in the environment without danger to plant, animal and human life. And all to produce a gas that can cheaply safely and reliably be manufactured with a far less expensive bio digestion plant. Such as is used in many countries in Europe & the third world.

    I suggest you YouTube a documentary called Four Horses and sober yourself up.

  9. #89
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chthonic View Post
    You might want to redefine your definition of success there. Australia is a country of immigrants yes. That also....

    Currently has a govt induced housing bubble happily spiralling out of control. Experience around the globe proves that housing bubbles rapidly transfer wealth from people's savings into government coffers via taxes. In Australia's case, stamp duty. NSW a previously bankrupt state will turn a $1.2 bill surplus the year on the bank of housing speculation in Sydney. In the meantime the only people getting rich are the banking system and the govt as the populace are losing their future earnings to interest payments.

    This same govt allows temporary residents to purchase land. Something no other country in the world allows for obvious reasons. You don't really want foreign interests controlling the dirt beneath your feet.

    Foreign residents can purchase residency rights to Australia for a mere $5 mill 'investment'. Great idea to give money launderers an easy way to move to Australia and set up shop. Awesome.

    Australia has a Govt firmly in the pocket of big money. This ridiculous hyping of terror threats is all about bread and circuses To keep the populace from looking at local policy with proper scrutiny and noticing the facts...

    Australia's manufacturing base packed up and went elsewhere leaving it with an ever weakening terms of trade and almost no ability to provide for itself should global trade deteriorate to the point of ceasing.

    7000 jobs in Perth disappeared in a single week. Official figures are 2,500 (bad enough) but the other 4,500 were contract workers who's contracts will not be renewed so they hit the soup kitchen line unnoticed. But they still have families and bills to pay.

    Australia has sold coal seam gas licenses to big firms who have already damaged environments in the US irreversibly. They are now set to do the same in a country with extremely fragile water supplies. Most of these CSG plants are located right on the artesian basin in QLD, the country's main water supply. Competing for water with our growers, leaving mountains of toxic salt in the environment and creating water so polluted by heavy metals it cannot be reused in the environment without danger to plant, animal and human life. And all to produce a gas that can cheaply safely and reliably be manufactured with a far less expensive bio digestion plant. Such as is used in many countries in Europe & the third world.

    I suggest you YouTube a documentary called Four Horses and sober yourself up. The greatest acts of destruction and immorality are being committed by large financial interests with legitimate shop fronts.
    It seems we live in different Australias. We have the best economy of the OECD countries. We are politically stable. Our geo-strategic situation is one of the best in the world. We live in a successful multi-cultural society. Our science is world class. We have freedom of religion. People throughout the world are trying to get into Australia. And we have a generous refugee program where we take refugees from the refugee camps in Africa, Asia and the Middle East.

    Essentially we are polity. We are a liberal democratic polity that has written, signed and ratified the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

    I can't help wondering what your political orientation is particularly as you single out 'large financial interests'. It is starting to sound a bit too familiar.

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    686

    Default

    So you don't actually dispute any of the information I posted? Good. Just checking.

Similar Threads

  1. Is Sex the Primary Motive for Islamic Terrorism?
    By Crabs in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 11-25-2015, 11:57 AM
  2. Present-day Hatred in Australia
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-15-2014, 08:59 AM
  3. Massive Oil Reserve Discovered In Australia
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-17-2013, 03:55 PM
  4. I have cousins in australia that i've never met
    By prplchknz in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-05-2012, 07:51 PM
  5. Islamic terrorism and the silent majority.
    By Feops in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 07-24-2009, 02:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO