User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Federal and New South Wales Police have conducted raids based on further evidence of a terrorist cell in Sydney.

So far the Police have brought number of terrorist cells before the criminal courts and got convictions and jail terms. But they advise they wouldn't be able to stop all and every terrorist attack.
    I hope for your sake non of them are scientists.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

In related news:

German Council Of Jews Chairman Condemns "Immensely Dangerous" PEGIDA Movement

In light of recent marches by the controversial PEGIDA movement, Germany's Central Council of Jews (ZdJ) has come to the defense of Muslims in Germany. Chairman Josef Schuster has warned to not underestimate the group. The newly-elected chairman of the council, Josef Schuster, said in Saturday's edition.

In light of recent marches by the controversial PEGIDA movement, Germany's Central Council of Jews (ZdJ) has come to the defense of Muslims in Germany. Chairman Josef Schuster has warned to not underestimate the group.

The newly-elected chairman of the council, Josef Schuster, said in Saturday's edition of the German newspaper Die Welt that fear of Islamistic terrorism is being "exploited" to vilify an entire religion. "This is completely unacceptable," said Schuster.

"Of course Islamist extremism needs to be taken as seriously as other extremist trends," he said, "But the security authorities have long been aware."

To draw the conclusion from so few Islamists that Islam is going to become Germany's state religion, is "as absurd as when we conclude that, due to the existence of right-wing extremism, the Nazi dictatorship will be rebuilt tomorrow," Schuster added.

'Racism and xenophobia'

At the same time, however, Schuster expressed his deep concerns over the demonstrations led by PEGIDA, which loosely translates as the "Patriotic Europeans Against the Islamization of the West," and warned against underestimating the movement. They are "immensely dangerous," he said.

"Here, neo-Nazis, parties from the far-right and citizens who think that they can finally let out their racism and xenophobia are all mixed together," Schuster said.

'Rabble rousing'

PEGIDA's largest demonstration to date took place on Monday evening in the eastern German city of Dresden. Some 15,000 people took to the streets to demonstrate against islamization and Germany's immigration system. Nearby, however, about 6,000 counter-protesters - made up of civic, political and church groups - marched under the banners "Dresden Nazi-free" and "Dresden for All."

Ahead of Monday's march, German Chancellor Angela Merkel also condemned the recent wave of PEGIDA marches and cautioned Germans against falling prey to xenophobic "rabble rousing."

tl/dr: Fear of Islam has reached the point where it looks and sounds eerily familiar to German Jews and they come the defense of muslims.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari
    Likes Raffaella liked this post

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

The reality is that I am highly educated and I have been studying Islam for most of this century. I think the problem is that I know Islam too well.

I understand Islamic propaganda and I can see that well meaning Westerners want to believe it, but the horrors of Islam keeping pressing upon us every day.

Frankly, I suggest you study the works of Ayaam Hirsi Ali.

You’d studied it but it seems like you haven’t learnt [almost] anything about it.
    Propaganda = phew opinions like yours.
    With all my respect to you, I simply disagree with your idea and not you.
    Also, go read articles form actual islamic resources like Imam El Shafi’y, Ahmed Deedat, Dr. Ali Kayali, Said Nursi, Ahmed El sughairi

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Haha best, yet the simplest counter argument against Islam's anti terror claims. The holiest of the holy cities of Islam was captured and converted by using terror.

However, It's a bit unfair to paint this particular incident as an act of Islamic terror. He was clearly acting alone and was mentally off. Mentally off, shunned by his own society, sexually frustrated and was ON BAIL FOR MURDER??? Wtf?

Granting such men (I am talking about accusations of killing his ex-wife here) bail is such a terrible loophole in the justice system. When I heard he was on bail for killing his wife, it made me so disappointed and angry.

Also from where the fuck did he find a gun?

First of all, muslims never picked up swords and went to another city like :LET’S KILL/INVADE THEM!
    As fighting people to get what belongs to them is forbidden.
    In fact, they used this way:
    -Acknowledges Islam in a message to the ruler.
    -Defines what muslims will do: Let Islam rule worldwide
    -Explains: Because justice must take it’s place
    >>Consider people are already suffering form dictatorship and fascism of their ‘rulers’, go check history.
    -Suggestion: Apply justice, Join Islam (we won’t force you to be muslim this is forbidden)
    -Results will be:
    >You accept, you have you’ll still have your ruling rights if you apply Islamic rules.
    >You reject, we’ll use power and fight evil and unfair side by side with the revolution of your people that you actually call rebels.
    Finally we’ll put things in their places and in order.
    We don’t want war we want peace even if it cost us fighting for, and that’ll happen when you stand in our way to achieve justice.

And at battle field the enemies were given last chance to reply to the message of Islam.
    I suggest you check the rules of war in Islam to get impressed how fair we fight at battlefield.
    - - - - -
    Second part of your post, I see no point in it.
    - - - - -
    What? Killing ex-wife? Who?
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    ...show how delusional the political establishment is. They will believe in multiculturalism until the day it kills them. The only way to solve this problem is to treat the cause, not the symptoms. That does not mean poking cameras inside everybody's homes, it means a complete ban on third world immigration.
    Yeah best idea yet. Out of millions of immigrants from thirst world countries, one asshole with a mental and criminal history - he was on bail for killing his OWN WIFE - kills some innocent people and the solution is to completely ban all immigration from third world nations.

Dude this individual was wanted also in Iran. Basically he was escaping Iranian law and being accidentally protected in Australia.

Also, he is obviously not a terrorist. He hid his mental illnesses behind Islam - which is not that hard to do. What happened in Pakistan a few days - or was it the same day - that killed over 140 people is a clear better example of Islamic terrorism.

He was a sexually frustrated individual who was socially shunned by his own people who simply needed to find a gun to show his manliness. This behaviour is quite commonly observable in most spree shooters that has plagued USA over the years. Coincidentally most of them are young white, sexually frustrated individuals, who were shunned by their own people.

Does that make you think of someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post
    You’d studied it but it seems like you haven’t learnt [almost] anything about it.
    We know that 57 Islamic States, called The Organisation of Islamic Co-operation, OIC, and who vote as a block at the United Nations, have openly rejected The Universal Declaration of Human Rights in favour of Sharia.

So I think it is fair enough to ask you, where do you stand? Do you support The Universal Declaration of Human Rights or do you support Sharia?

After the death of Salah Hadin in 1193 AD the Golden Age of Islam came to an end. And over the next almost 1,000 years Islam has contributed no significant idea to civilization.

Default Totalitarian Trauma and the German Imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Fear of Islam has reached the point where it looks and sounds eerily familiar to German Jews and they come the defense of muslims.
    Compared to Oz, Germany is an extraordinary place, for Germany has suffered under not one but two totalitarian ideologies and now plays host to a third.

Is it that the Germans are just confused or do they have a taste for totalitarian ideologies?

It seems to me to be a reasonable question to ask is: why does Germany defend a third totalitarian ideology rather than defending liberal democracy?

The answer seems to me to be a failure of imagination. After suffering the unimaginable trauma of not one but two totalitarian ideologies, the German imagination falters in the face of a third.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Compared to Oz, Germany is an extraordinary place, for Germany has suffered under not one but two totalitarian ideologies and now plays host to a third.

Is it that the Germans are just confused or do they have a taste for totalitarian ideologies?

It seems to me to be a reasonable question to ask is: why does Germany defend a third totalitarian ideology rather than defending liberal democracy?

The answer seems to me to be a failure of imagination. After suffering the unimaginable trauma of not one but two totalitarian ideologies, the German imagination falters in the face of a third.
    Failure of imagination? LOL! You've got to be kidding me. I'm sorry, but that is just, what is that even supposed to mean? Perhaps @Nicodemus can be of some enlightment.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Perhaps you just don't understand: personal insults, such as calling someone a liar, is against the rules of Typology Central and may lead to banning.
    If one member has shown good evidence that the comments of another member are false, which terminology would you prefer be used to describe that and the reiteration of the falsehoods? Of course, the second member is always free to dispute the charge and present his/her own refuting evidence.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes EffEmDoubleyou liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post

No practical consequence is important.

However, you cannot judge Islam’s practical consequence by only looking at the bad examples and people who’re doing it wrong and neglecting all the faithful muslims!!
    This is an unfair and incorrect way of doing judging, I believe this happens when you make reasons out of personal apathy or other unrelated inaccurate things.
    Poverty, violence, sexism, corruption. That is the legacy of Islam. Christianity is no better. Western civilization didn't take off until the Enlightenment. Christians try to give their religion credit, claiming things like "'Murica is a Christian nation", but they're wrong. The US is a secular nation. Christianity is dying a slow death (I wish it would speed up). Islam would be dying if it wasn't for the fact that Muslims have so many children that they can brainwash. Once Muslim countries are raised out of poverty and their birth rates fall, Islam will start dying too.

In both cases, good riddance. The world will be a better place without billions of people worshiping an imaginary evil god.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."
    Likes Hard, riva liked this post