User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

There's no particularly good reason that Taliban attacks on a school in Pakistan are being discussed whatsoever in a thread titled "Islamic Terror in Australia".

Nor is there a particularly good reason this thread is titled "Islamic Terror", just as there was no particularly good reason that the first post in this thread was "Was the violent attack last night on the Canadian Parliament a strategic mistake or was it a step on the way to the Caliphate and Sharia Law?".

One man with a gun is not a terrorist. Branding these sorts of things as "Islamist terror attacks" foments xenophobia and hatred; it's a childish, alarmist jump to conclusions. Some people get their jollies from fomenting hatred and xenophobia. I think it's deplorable, that's all.
    Likes Red Herring, Hard, Ivy, senza tema liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post
    If anyone knows arabic for good, check this.
    Jihad is not fighting with weapons, that’s a mistranslation of the arabic word.
    War is forbidden unless to fight evil and injustice supporting incense people, war is never the normal state, and it’s not how things suppose to be, but when the time comes all muslims should fight (mentally then physically) for right and against wrong and evil.
    But Jihad is pushing toward good, it’s positive and it has levels, like being faithful, then the highest level of Jihad is mental, and it’s to teach and speak for what’s right, to explain Quran and Islam, to educate.
    Killing innocent people is forbidden, and judging people even if it’s by your words is also forbidden unless it’s you’re responsibility and you’re a ruler or parent, but hurting whom you’re responsible of is forbidden, ..
    So yes I cannot even question you and ask you why you’re not faithful? it’s forbidden.
    Enough said or it’s not clear yet?

the word “أقتل” which means fight, is different form the word “أقاتل” which means fighting back (defence).
    However, weather muslims thought or not, this is what Islam says, Islam is the rule, muslims are followers, we cannot judge a religion by it’s followers as there are good examples and bad examples everywhere.
    That’s IF we want to understand the idea and not just attack the idea before understanding it like childish act.

Umm.. That’s his opinion.

But Islam is unlike christianity..
    And it’s forbidden to murder or to kill an innocent soul.
    Also it’s forbidden to punish/judge without having the right and ability to do so, and this has many terms like justice is one of the musts.
    In short I cannot sit and murder people because I think they’re wrong etc.
    This is Islamic propaganda which we have heard time and time again, repeated like a parrot.

And this is propaganda backed up by violence and discrimination.

The Australian Parliament doesn't believe this propaganda and is meeting as I write to deal with Islamic violence.

Wish us luck.

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    There's no particularly good reason that Taliban attacks on a school in Pakistan are being discussed whatsoever in a thread titled "Islamic Terror in Australia".

Nor is there a particularly good reason this thread is titled "Islamic Terror", just as there was no particularly good reason that the first post in this thread was "Was the violent attack last night on the Canadian Parliament a strategic mistake or was it a step on the way to the Caliphate and Sharia Law?".

One man with a gun is not a terrorist. Branding these sorts of things as "Islamist terror attacks" foments xenophobia and hatred; it's a childish, alarmist jump to conclusions. Some people get their jollies from fomenting hatred and xenophobia. I think it's deplorable, that's all.
    What if it's a kitchen knife and it happens with increased frequency?

ETA: && what if ISIS calls for lone wolf attacks on civilians in the West?
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post

Ideas have consequences and the ideas of Islam such as Jihad and Inequality have terrible consequences.

We judge a religion by the fruit it bears, and around the world, Islam is bearing evil fruit.

And as we see here, the Left have made an historic alliance with Islam. It is a strange alliance as the Left are atheist and Islam is theist, all they have in common is a common enemy, us. Both the Left and Islam regard liberal democracy, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and our values of freedom and equality, evidence and reason, as the enemy.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    What if it's a kitchen knife and it happens with increased frequency?

ETA: && what if ISIS calls for lone wolf attacks on civilians in the West?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Ideas have consequences and the ideas of Islam such as Jihad and Inequality have terrible consequences.

We judge a religion by the fruit it bears, and around the world, Islam is bearing evil fruit.

And as we see here, the Left have made an historic alliance with Islam. It is a strange alliance as the Left are atheist and Islam is theist, all they have in common is a common enemy, us. Both the Left and Islam regard liberal democracy, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and our values of freedom and equality, evidence and reason, as the enemy.
    I said this in another post but I'll say it again here since it's fitting.

I think if you spoke to a number of liberals, you'd find they do not support islam. I certainly do not. I don't support any religion as a matter of fact. Islam I regard at the bottom of the list as currently it causes the most cultural strife throughout the world. If there was a switchboard in front of me that had a button that said "delete religiosity from human consciousness" I would press it with much haste and elation. Though I do not care to go into details beyond this.

With that said claiming Xenophobia to those who don't support, or do not want cultural islam to become a strong voice in their area is unfair. There are some cultures that have a hard time mixing with one another unfortunately, and in practice should not mix.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes phobik liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I said this in another post but I'll say it again here since it's fitting.

I think if you spoke to a number of liberals, you'd find they do not support islam. I certainly do not. I don't support any religion as a matter of fact. Islam I regard at the bottom of the list as currently it causes the most cultural strife throughout the world. If there was a switchboard in front of me that had a button that said "delete religiosity from human consciousness" I would press it with much haste and elation. Though I do not care to go into details beyond this.

With that said claiming Xenophobia to those who don't support, or do not want cultural islam to become a strong voice in their area is unfair. There are some cultures that have a hard time mixing with one another unfortunately, and in practice should not mix.
    No one for a moment think liberals support Islam, liberals in fact support liberal democracy, that is why they are called liberals.

But it is a political fact that the Left, that is, the Marxist Left, have made an historic decision to support Islam.

But to be frank, I don't think you know the meaning of the word liberal. So how can you engage sensibly in political dialogue?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

No one for a moment think liberals support Islam, liberals in fact support liberal democracy, that is why they are called liberals.

But it is a political fact that the Left, that is, the Marxist Left, have made an historic decision to support Islam.

But to be frank, I don't think you know the meaning of the word liberal. So how can you engage sensibly in political dialogue?
    That is the distinction. The left as a movement (the far social left anyway) has historical precedent of supporting islam more so than any other religious institution. However, by and large most individual liberals do not. It's rather curious to me, but there's very often a disparity between individual opinions and what you'd expect their collective opinion to be based off that, and what they actual movement's opinion is.

I pay very close attention to politics every day, and I have since I was a teenager. While I openly admit I am not the best at debate, saying I can't engage in political dialogue because of lack of understanding of the meaning of a word (when in fact I do understand, pretty much everyone with a decent mind that follows politics does) is pretty asinine.

That is the distinction. The left as a movement (the far social left anyway) has historical precedent of supporting islam more so than any other religious institution. However, by and large most individual liberals do not. It's rather curious to me, but there's very often a disparity between individual opinions and what you'd expect their collective opinion to be based off that, and what they actual movement's opinion is.

I pay very close attention to politics every day, and I have since I was a teenager. While I openly admit I am not the best at debate, saying I can't engage in political dialogue because of lack of understanding of the meaning of a word (when in fact I do understand, pretty much everyone with a decent mind that follows politics does) is pretty asinine.
    Alas, the problem is simple: Americans use the word liberal as a swear word. This is called special pleading, and is actually a political act in itself.

To use liberal as a swear word is a political act of bad faith.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Alas, the problem is simple: Americans use the word liberal as a swear word. This is called special pleading, and is actually a political act in itself.

To use liberal as a swear word is a political act of bad faith.
    I'm not using it as a swear word, a bad word or anything like that. I never do. I consider myself a liberal in most contexts. Yes it is used by some in a bad context much like feminism is used in a bad context, but not here.

asinine
    Par for the course from our Australian friend.
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post