User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

*yawn* Liberals.

I look forward to seeing what Sydney looks like in twenty years, and how these peace-loving Muslims behave then. In the meantime, I'm just glad to not live in a bloated metropolis groaning under the weight of collective stupidity.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    *yawn* Liberals.

I look forward to seeing what Sydney looks like in twenty years, and how these peace-loving Muslims behave then. In the meantime, I'm just glad to not live in a bloated metropolis groaning under the weight of collective stupidity.
    Ah, your cynical bitterness is your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    I believe most Muslims are against terror.
    World-wide Pew Polling shows that 80% of muslims are against terror. So your belief that most muslims are against terror is backed up by facts.

This leaves the remaining 20% in support of Jihad. And that 20% translates into 300 million.

As a founding member of the Muslim Students' Association I was shocked to discover the beliefs of graduate muslim students.

And I was blindsided by the support the Student Left gave to the Islamists.

Our Intelligence Service and our Police have stopped a number of attempts at public terror by Australian Islamists, but warned us they could not stop every terrorist attempt.

And so the Australian peace has been broken by Islamic terror in the very heart of Sydney where I spent most of my life.

I am shocked and horrified just as I was on 9/11 with the Islamic terror attacks on New York. But when I came down to share my shock and horror with the Muslim Students' Association, I found they were cock-a-hoop, pleased with the success of the terror attack.

I feel sick they have succeeded with their first terrorist attack on Australian soil. And it won't be the last.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
    Ah, your cynical bitterness is your loss.
    Then denial is yours.

I have a challenge for everybody on here who disagrees with my view: please show me how religious and/or racial diversity benefit a country.

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

Then denial is yours.

I have a challenge for everybody on here who disagrees with my view: please show me how religious and/or racial diversity benefit a country.
    Insert US GDP here
    tiny purple fishes run laughing through your fingers
    and you want to take her with you, to the hard land of the winter
    Likes Cygnus liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    Insert US GDP here
    No doubt you can enlighten me on how racial diversity improves GDP. Wait, you can't, because there is no connection between those two factors.

I hope the political backlash is swift and ferocious; the Abbott government must be forced to the right.

Comments like this:

...show how delusional the political establishment is. They will believe in multiculturalism until the day it kills them. The only way to solve this problem is to treat the cause, not the symptoms. That does not mean poking cameras inside everybody's homes, it means a complete ban on third world immigration.
    Seriously? If the Abbott government were any more to the right, they'd fall off the right side of the table. Even the people that elected him a year ago have had enough. The only way the electorate would accept it is if they were duped by the same fearmongering that brought Americans the Patriot Act. This won't happen from one relatively small incident.

But that's okay. Race- or religious-based isolationism has always worked out great for whoever tried it, right?
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari
    Likes Raffaella, Ivy, Codex liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Seriously? If the Abbott government were any more to the right, they'd fall off the right side of the table. Even the people that elected him a year ago have had enough. The only way the electorate would accept it is if they were duped by the same fearmongering that brought Americans the Patriot Act. This won't happen from one relatively small incident.
    This is the first Islamic terrorist act on Australian soil, so I wouldn't call it insignificant, at least not symbolically. In the current political climate, it is also not inconceivable that there could be further attacks before the New Year.

I believe that a Patriot Act-esque response is inappropriate because it doesn't address the root cause of the problem. Politicians are too afraid to touch race.

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    But that's okay. Race- or religious-based isolationism has always worked out great for whoever tried it, right?
    Whatever you may feel about isolationism, the alternative - what we have now - is much less stable. All other things being equal, are homogenous or heterogeneous societies more productive, more peaceful and more creative? There are some unfortunate realities I am happy to bring to your attention should you care to challenge me.

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

These past 30 hours have been so intense...

The gunman is a criminal, he's had many run-ins with the law before.

Man Haron Monis, who was granted political asylum in Australia in 2001, was on bail for a string of violent offences, including being an accessory to the murder of his ex-wife.
    He was also facing more than 50 sexual and indecent assault charges and had a conviction for sending abusive letters to families of deceased Australian soldiers.
    More here.

... but, yes, continue to blame multiculturalism for the acts of one mad man.
    Likes Oaky, Codex liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    These past 30 hours have been so intense...

The gunman is a criminal, he's had many run-ins with the law before.

More here.

... but, yes, continue to blame multiculturalism for the acts of one mad man.
    Under a more nationalistic system, or even, perhaps, one with the present attitude to economic migrants, he would never have been allowed into Australia. So in a way, multicultural attitudes to immigration are responsible for creating this and other, similar attacks. I also think you are reluctant to accept that this guy had ideological motives.

I wish people your way would ask whether Australia gained more than it has lost from multiculturalism, but that is asking the impossible. It is pretty much a religion for liberals. Some posters here are very similar to the religious fundamentalists they claim to hate.

I can see now that it is impossible to reason with you people, so I won't waste more time trying. Continue living in your fantasy world, I just hope not too many more people have to die before you wake up.