User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

Results 161 to 170 of 188

  1. #161
    Member Eska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post

    No, incorrect, take a look again.
    Islam is more then a religion, a religion plus.
    Arranges you and you’re life, educates you ..etc
    Stop this “philosophy”.
    You are simply repeating your point, which I have already refuted.

  2. #162
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Islam seems 800 years late to come to the party of being open minded (and so seems I). Lets not forget how closed minded Christianity was. Why would Islam give women rights to vote. I find it odd that in Cairo, pamphlets are handed out about Islam that uses "Western Science" that proves women have smaller brains than men and are thus not suited for academia and rather suited for sewing baskets etc. So who is twisting who's words here? Is it again men hiding behind Islam and twisting words and "true" Islam is not at fault here?
    Men certainly are twisting words, but then so do some Christian men - and women - and Muslim women. The Bible contains plenty of justification for keeping women subordinate to men as well. Many Christians understand that as part of the cultural context of the time in which it was written, and look beyond to the broader message of mutual love and responsibility between men and women, and among family members. Eventually Muslims may come to see their holy book the same way. Until then, they and far too many Christians will continue to apply a double standard to men and women. The differences will be mainly in degree.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes chubber liked this post

  3. #163
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post
    I am not blind, it’s not even related to our topic.
    Freedom to behave is granted in Sharia.
    Remember freedom is limited by others freedom we must make sure everyone is in peace and not harmed even as the size of a single atom.
    You confused freedom with wild, which is far away form what we are as humans.
    When I say blind, I mean that in a metaphorical sense. Meaning, you're unable to understand that your beliefs are so intrenched that you won't even entertain the possibility that you're wrong, and discount any contrary opinion to yours in an extremely dismissive manner and don't even offer any sort of sound rebuttle. Hence: Blind. You refuse to see or look, and I am not the only one to point out this sort of character that you're displaying here.

    You completely missed my point, again. Either that or you're actively choosing to ignore it. Ultimately that doesn't matter. Of course you can behave as you want under Sharia law. I can behave any way I want under the US law. However in both cases if I chose wrong I will be subjected to punishment under the law. My point is that the correct options to choose under Sharia law is significantly less than other law systems, and further that they are extremely unfair. I am not going to explain how they are unfair because I already have, and others such as Coriolis has as well.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post
    404 error: logic not found here.
    lolz ok, you go ahead and keep right on thinking that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post
    Will you stop talking about me and back to topic?
    Are you using some kind of art that makes some incorrect emotions of yours appear like a reason for a bright word? That’s not appropriate.
    Nope. It's also, in fact, appropriate to do so. Talking about you has to be done here because you are having failure to understand what I and others are trying to say. I actually find it really funny that you keep saying people aren't being logical. When you're the one that's using all kinds of circular logic and "self evident" claims that can not be bade.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post
    Why is it unfair again?
    I almost asked you:
    Do you even know Sharia? or you’re just telling me opinions you’re heard?
    Otherwise explain and give reasons to your judgments.
    I have given my reasonings for them. You just refuse to accept or understand them. That's not my problem, it's your problem. I have a basic understanding of Sharia law. Most of what I am basing my reasonings off of is the tangible consequences and environments we can see from countries that have enacted Sharia law or forms of it. As I pointed


    Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post
    I thought I was clear.
    In Turkey, some seculars voted for muslim parties on will.
    Please keep up with me.
    Ok, so some secular individuals voted for it. So what? You were clear enough, and my point still stands.

    Keep up with you? Oh honey, you need to be keeping up with me.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post
    It is great, it looks great on paper and it’s application as well.
    Btw how come you came with the conclusion, explain please.
    No, it's not. I gave you data that shows that it does not result the benchmarks for a full human rights society. The conclusion is based off that.


    The level to how dense you are through all of this is downright laughable. I really should give up, there's clearly no getting this through to you because you don't want to listen and are clearly stuck in your ways. I'm just finding this a bit too entertaining at the moment.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  4. #164
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    We know that Islam wishes to replace The Universal Declaration of Human Rights with Sharia.

    In places where Islam has absolute power, this is done by force.

    And the genius of Islam is seen in places where Islam does not yet have absolute power. For in these places Islam uses their Human Rights under the Declaration to destroy the Declaration of Human Rights and replace it with Sharia.

  5. #165
    failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    4,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post
    No, in fact, our thoughts and opinions about it is like 800 years old mind.
    This sentence is not true once you know all kinds of science were mentioned in Islam
    Yeah, yeah, since like the familiar physics and chemistry ..etc
    I’d like to give examples, but some people are 800 years late to discover Islam.
    Sadly.
    we'll get there

  6. #166
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,711

    Default

    Mademoiselle
    Now look at the “barbaric” nation Arabs were called before Islam and what they achieved after that, look how impressive they’d become when they let Islam rule them.
    This isn't just untrue, it's an out and out lie and it smacks heavily of propaganda. Sadly, the Muslim world flourished with knowledge and advances at one time. Do you wonder why you don't see it now? Here's the other thing that your fabulous logic should be able to grasp - When a society suppresses a portion of a society, they are cheating themselves of a very capable part of that society. Of advance, of production, of amazing works. You can go right ahead and spin that any way you like but, secular societies will advance while societies with Sharia Law will continue to regress. Any society with any religion as the basis for laws will end up like this - it's not specific to Islam, Christianity, Judaism, etc.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Hard, Codex, riva liked this post

  7. #167
    Happy Halloween! Codex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post
    I am not blind, it’s not even related to our topic.
    Freedom to behave is granted in Sharia.
    Remember freedom is limited by others freedom we must make sure everyone is in peace and not harmed even as the size of a single atom.
    You confused freedom with wild, which is far away form what we are as humans.




    404 error: logic not found here.




    Will you stop talking about me and back to topic?
    Are you using some kind of art that makes some incorrect emotions of yours appear like a reason for a bright word? That’s not appropriate.
    - - - - -
    Why is it unfair again?
    I almost asked you:
    Do you even know Sharia? or you’re just telling me opinions you’re heard?
    Otherwise explain and give reasons to your judgments.



    I thought I was clear.
    In Turkey, some seculars voted for muslim parties on will.
    Please keep up with me.



    It is great, it looks great on paper and it’s application as well.
    Btw how come you came with the conclusion, explain please.





    I never noticed sorry!
    Welcome dear, I really have nothing much to share here, like really not in private.
    I’m not an arab btw.


    No, incorrect, take a look again.
    Islam is more then a religion, a religion plus.
    Arranges you and you’re life, educates you ..etc
    Stop this “philosophy”.



    Right,
    And..
    Only four wives is allowed and as any other judge it has terms and conditions which sadly many forget, and end up making bad examples.
    However there’s nothing that can make the turret less valuable and it’s value is not based on the number of the followers, like, Islam is Islam even if muslims are not correctly following,
    But yeah, when you take a look, you see muslims are alive because of Islam, mercy and mercy.
    Otherwise I can say we’re bestowed favours.
    We’re thankful.
    We’re blessed.
    So I guess it’s the verse that explains no one is given more than they can handle.
    I hope forgiveness to all, first, myself, then, I bow impressed.
    Forgive my autism mode.



    What? 0.0
    This is ridiculous.
    Are you insulting me?
    Anyway, I hold nothing personal shared here.
    I personally prefer secularism to “christianity”
    But Islam is the best.

    His questions, then, I’m aware, is meaningless once he gets my points that I explained.
    I’m efficiently answering.
    And of course Allah is the greatest!


    No, in fact, our thoughts and opinions about it is like 800 years old mind.
    This sentence is not true once you know all kinds of science were mentioned in Islam
    Yeah, yeah, since like the familiar physics and chemistry ..etc
    I’d like to give examples, but some people are 800 years late to discover Islam.
    Sadly.
    First of all, Quantity != Quality.

    Subjecting/enforcing your beliefs on others only debilitates the potential of the group as a whole. Even if you think they are not limitations to you, they may be limitations to others. Think probability.

    I know you are young, and from Kurdistan/Iraq, but I strongly suggest you do some more reading and keep an open mind instead of shutting people down immediately. You are clearly very misinformed.

    Go read up on the Golden Age of Islam, where the value of knowledge and scholarly pursuits was encouraged, rather than blind faith. They wanted to provide knowledge to others for spiritual, and most of all, intellectual growth--not force religion on an entire population and expect obedience. People of all faiths practiced, worked, and lived together.

    All good things must come to an end.
    When you take away a means of attaining free knowledge and the right for independent reasoning, you have what countries like iraq have: believing religious law is the right thing for the entire nation, rather than leaving it up to its citizens to decide what is right for them.

    God gave humankind free will, did he not?
    Why should we dictate which religious rules others are expected to follow?
    Likes chubber liked this post

  8. #168
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,541

    Default

    A note to @Mademoiselle:

    I realize many people in this thread are being very critical of your views, myself included. I just wanted to point out that none of this means Islam is inherently bad, or that you should stop being a Muslim. People here are not trying to convert you. I for one would tell you the same thing I would tell and have told any believer: believe with your eyes open. Question everything, and don't be afraid of the answers. If your faith is so tenuous that it cannot stand up to this sort of questioning, then it is not on a firm foundation to begin with. Many people who go through this exercise come out of it with a stronger and more thorough understanding of what they believe and why it makes sense for them. Some do find out that God is speaking to them in some other way, and choose a new spiritual path. I think these are in the minority, though.

    Bottom line: you are getting the present response not because you are Muslim, or committed to your beliefs, but rather because your comments betray a serious lack of critical analysis in this area. But you seem to be quite young yet. There is time for all this.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Hard liked this post

  9. #169
    Senior Member riva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    One bomb in egypt and a shooting in paris on the same day by islamists terrorirsts.

    Religion of peace strikes back.
    .

  10. #170
    noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH Mademoiselle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    A note to @Mademoiselle:

    I realize many people in this thread are being very critical of your views, myself included. I just wanted to point out that none of this means Islam is inherently bad, or that you should stop being a Muslim. People here are not trying to convert you. I for one would tell you the same thing I would tell and have told any believer: believe with your eyes open. Question everything, and don't be afraid of the answers. If your faith is so tenuous that it cannot stand up to this sort of questioning, then it is not on a firm foundation to begin with. Many people who go through this exercise come out of it with a stronger and more thorough understanding of what they believe and why it makes sense for them. Some do find out that God is speaking to them in some other way, and choose a new spiritual path. I think these are in the minority, though.

    Bottom line: you are getting the present response not because you are Muslim, or committed to your beliefs, but rather because your comments betray a serious lack of critical analysis in this area. But you seem to be quite young yet. There is time for all this.

    If you’re talking about me as a person, unrelated to my MBTI personality:
    My faith is -thankfully- unshaken, I am stronger and stronger every moment passing, thus I’m actually wiser.
    And I understand life better, and the point of being alive ,is to live. Created as a human, then I shall be human. Shall live like a human.
    Please do not reply unless you.. well anyway I’ll start ignoring if you* couldn’t keep up.
    I’m simply replying a post, I’m not responsible for how incorrectly they’re using this form, I mean how they’re talking about a topic they don’t have true knowledge about, some only heard few speeches here and there, and if I question their reasons I’d find it’s only childish emotions responding to unbiased early predictions.
    However I wanted to play my role, disappointedly I didn’t get the right respond generally, as a rule I respect every view point despite the inappropriate way of doing ‘this’, of playing their roles, as a matter of witness, otherwise there’s no way they could convert me with few words, I mean, those words I had thought of before believing at first place, I’m personally past all these, it’s quite funny to think I could blindly follow an idea.
    But this thread is not about me, I just wanted to correct that:
    Terrorism has no place in Islam, not even matching the basic beliefs of manners so how come you form the word “Islamic terror”
    When the word Islam has a meaning of peace.
    I felt sensible to correct this and disable the usage of this incorrect word, especially when knowledge is claimed, when it’s supposed to be an objective debate.

    And as for me when I read a post I forgot who is the user, I only talk to the act, the application and work with the thoughts and what’s behind, I never pay attention to be critical to a member or agree with one, as this is actually rational and based on other, non personal factors
    And all critical and skepts around me who are interested in me and treat me specially, I appreciate, thank you.

    _________
    *you, exactly here is not singular.


    _________And Guys, done here________
    @Hard … Dude, stop replying ignorantly .. notice ignorant is an adjective, so I mean your action is.

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    This isn't just untrue, it's an out and out lie and it smacks heavily of propaganda. Sadly, the Muslim world flourished with knowledge and advances at one time. Do you wonder why you don't see it now? Here's the other thing that your fabulous logic should be able to grasp - When a society suppresses a portion of a society, they are cheating themselves of a very capable part of that society. Of advance, of production, of amazing works. You can go right ahead and spin that any way you like but, secular societies will advance while societies with Sharia Law will continue to regress. Any society with any religion as the basis for laws will end up like this - it's not specific to Islam, Christianity, Judaism, etc.
    How empty…
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.

Similar Threads

  1. Is Sex the Primary Motive for Islamic Terrorism?
    By Crabs in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 11-25-2015, 11:57 AM
  2. Present-day Hatred in Australia
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-15-2014, 08:59 AM
  3. Massive Oil Reserve Discovered In Australia
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-17-2013, 03:55 PM
  4. I have cousins in australia that i've never met
    By prplchknz in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-05-2012, 07:51 PM
  5. Islamic terrorism and the silent majority.
    By Feops in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 07-24-2009, 02:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO