User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Having never walked in his or his wife's shoes, I am loathe to judge.

I used to be much more critical about these kinds of behaviors. Now that I've been on this earth a while and seen a few things, I have some perspective.

Terminal illness is a bitch to deal with, a huge stressor on not just the patient but the immediate and extended family. I know that my mother urged my dad to remarry as soon as he could. More because she knew what a fuckup parent he was and less because she wanted his happiness. She may have even turned a blind eye to his early start on this assignment.

I personally know couples who for whatever reason have chosen an arrangement in which one partner seeks engagements outside the relationship and the other partner is okay with it.

Who's to say that Mrs. Edwards (or Mrs. Clinton, back in the day) didn't give her full consent, or even encourage it (yes, that is some people's fetish and who am I to judge another person's kink?), for whatever reason? Only they chose to publicly act the ignorant and offended spouse because to do otherwise would heap even more public ridicule and judgement on them than to go along with the traditional monogamy-centric response.

This IMO is just further evidence that Monogamy is a social construct that is ill-fitting for a significant portion of the population. Rather than judge, perhaps we could take a look at it, deconstruct it, evaluate whether it's effect is to benefit - or control - society, and decide whether to abide by it or not, rather than unquestioningly accept it.

On balance, I would much rather have a leader who fucks his associate or his intern, than one who fucks me, the economy, young enlisted men and women, the Constitution, our civil liberties and god knows what else repeatedly in the ass without our consent.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    On balance, I would much rather have a leader who fucks his associate or his intern, than one who fucks me, the economy, young enlisted men and women, the Constitution, our civil liberties and god knows what else repeatedly in the ass without our consent.
    John Edwards did all those things, too.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

I used to be much more critical about these kinds of behaviors. Now that I've been on this earth a while and seen a few things, I have some perspective.
    I'm the opposite. Now that I've been monagamous with my husband for 19 years - I'm getting more critical of these two-faced idiots.

I certainly don't have a problem with couples - public or otherwise, who have open-marriages, arrangements and so on. Each to their own. What bothers me is the hyporacy of being Mr. Perfect Family Man and then it's just for show.

The fact of the matter is that being the perfect family man/woman is part of the job description at the presidential level and if they can't even handle that, well....makes you wonder. If you want to be a player, don't run for presidential office and humiliate yourself and family. Between the press and their polotical enemies, it will all be exposed in the end.

MBTI
    INFJ

you know... i read this article in this magazine about the problem nowadays finding a good quality statesman and a positive statesmanship

it had noted that it is tougher today than in past history simply because if the politics doesn't tear someone down, the media will... and people nowadays look more at the bad of the person than the good that they have done...

why is that?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I hope he enjoys the rest of his life. I have no respect for cheaters. If you're so unhappy with your spouse at least respect the person enough to let them know and either work on the relationship or get a divorce before you take your manky ass over to some ho's house and bang her OR take your manky ho ass over to some cheezy pricks house and bang him.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    I just want one of these political wives to be strong and assertive and not just refer to the 'mistakes' and talk about their 'love' and all that crap. I want to hear 'I'm filing on Monday.' They're such wimps, I don't respect them either.
    This clip is sooooo appropriate:
    [youtube=Sp26BkjbGvI] Cheater's Wife [/youtube]
    EDIT: here's a link to the same clip YouTube - The Apology Tour