Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Default haha

Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTJ

I was disappointed when I heard this. I liked this guy. That being said, his court accomplishments and work aren't any less. However...that still sucks.
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

MBTI
    intp

Example no. 94309737 of what a terrible idea it is to get involved with politicians. Whoremongering Spitzer was 94309736, if I remember correctly. Politics attracts and nurtures a certain sewer personality. And this guy was a lawyer to boot.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    Politics attracts and nurtures a certain sewer personality.
    Yes, but also, power corrupts.

Between the two principles, we have no reason to expect any nobility in our leaders.

MBTI
    intp

Which is why I cannot fathom how people manage to do just that . . . much less cry and faint over them. LOL.

I just want one of these political wives to be strong and assertive and not just refer to the 'mistakes' and talk about their 'love' and all that crap. I want to hear 'I'm filing on Monday.' They're such wimps, I don't respect them either.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    I just want one of these political wives to be strong and assertive and not just refer to the 'mistakes' and talk about their 'love' and all that crap. I want to hear 'I'm filing on Monday.' They're such wimps, I don't respect them either.
    It may just be that the "wimp" personality is what fits best, or fits better, with a politician personality than other types. (Someone who knows more about politicians may have to explain.)

That's true, I bet any woman with a strong assertive personality wouldn't be a politician's wife in the first place. Good thing my husband isn't running for office.

I've also wondered if it's not more of an 'arrangement' for these political couples. Maybe there isn't really any romantic love at all? The husband gets the dutiful wife, the woman gets prestige and money or possibly it furthers her own aspirations - and the both sell their souls?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    I've also wondered if it's not more of an 'arrangement' for these political couples. Maybe there isn't really any romantic love at all? The husband gets the dutiful wife, the woman gets prestige and money or possibly it furthers her own aspirations - and the both sell their souls?
    That's an opinion I have heard some other places as well, but don't have any direct experience to see if it is true.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Meh. My aunt is one of those strong, assertive women and she has put up with being cheated on, hit, threatened, etc by my uncle. He married her for her money more or less and used her family's position to climb the ladder to the top of one of the local labor unions in a union town making him a pretty big fish in a fairly small pond. She had a MA and a successful career in the school system and as recently as a few years ago she was still making excuses for him. :sad:
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers