User Tag List

First 12345 Last

heart on fire

I have no idea what kind of marriage they really have or any of the details. I also don't really care...

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

...couldn't care less about the sex life of politicians. although the "homosexual homophobe Republican" phenomenon is interesting

MBTI
    INTj

I knew he was hiding something ever since it came out that he got a $300 haircut. $300!?! For a man's haircut!?!? You cannot trust that man!!

The cheating thing is bad too, I guess. Really, it's only cringe-worthy because his wife has cancer. I wonder if she knew.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Really, it's only cringe-worthy because his wife has cancer. I wonder if she knew.
    His actions all hold together when you consider that he was probably hoping the fact that his wife had cancer would give him some emotional leverage on the political playing field. I don't think he let it bother him that much. He had bigger fish to fry.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Am I the only person on Earth who thought so? I really, truly NEVER liked the man. He seemed like a smarmy used car salesman. A Bill Clinton minus IQ points and political savvy. His policy points were odious, too.

Actually, I liked Edwards on some levels. He's the only part of the 2004 dem ticket that seemed palatable and ballsy; however, he also didn't seem to be experienced or well-rounded enough, he just did well in a few areas.

However, the man was a lawyer. And when he talked, sometimes he came off as insincere or too neatly packaged. Just because someone sounds packaged doesn't meant they're NOT sincere, but they can still leave people feeling like they're just being played.

So I never considered him presidential material.

And if we want to discuss "public disclosure," I mean, isn't this the most "profitable" strategy if you screw up? Most people avoid or stonewall, because if they can get away with not admitting their mistake, then they're home free. It doesn't really matter how much we claim to love "honest politicians"; as soon as someone admits they did something bad, politics kicks in, they lose face and power, people cut them off, the punishments can be severe.

Politicians only admit to wrongdoing when they realize they're caught, can't get out of it, and it'll be better to confess than to continue to play stupid.

The system punishes those who come clean and rewards those who obfuscate. That's the way it's always been. You confess only when you can't dodge the bullet.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by hiddengem View Post
    I think all politicians are insincere. How can you retain any moral certainty when you have to constantly change what you stand for based on the audience you are in front of or what the latest polls say?
    This is one of the many tragedies of modern politics; the successful politicians are the best liars. The ones who actually tell the truth as they see it are often branded kooks (Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, et al.). I don't mean to say they AREN'T kooky (I've met Ron Paul, and I've seen him speak in person twice; he's a bit of a kook), but they are basically ideological zealots who don't care much what detractors think of them.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Just to rub it in a little... "I think this President has shown a remarkable disrespect for his office, for the moral dimensions of leadership, for his friends, for his wife, for his precious daughter. It is breathtaking to me the level to which that disrespect has risen." - Edwards on Clinton (Inspired by another forum)

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I hope he enjoys the rest of his life. I have no respect for cheaters. If you're so unhappy with your spouse at least respect the person enough to let them know and either work on the relationship or get a divorce before you take your manky ass over to some ho's house and bang her OR take your manky ho ass over to some cheezy pricks house and bang him.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kanamori View Post
    Just to rub it in a little... "I think this President has shown a remarkable disrespect for his office, for the moral dimensions of leadership, for his friends, for his wife, for his precious daughter. It is breathtaking to me the level to which that disrespect has risen." - Edwards on Clinton (Inspired by another forum)
    A quote from the past...priceless.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

He has always come across as a risible, oily little half-man to me. This just makes him even sleazier.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying