User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    DEUS

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Justice is blind, colour-blind.

Ferguson case: Racial and gender makeup of grand jury revealed - CBS News

This makes total sense. When minority representation is in name only.
    I'm sorry, but what should be different about the racial makeup of the grand jury?
    ‘Many novelties have come from America. The most startling of these, a thing without precedent, is a mass of undignified poor. They do not love one another because they do not love themselves.’

‘And we will have made great strides in equality,
    when few have too much and fewer too little.’.

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    they're right.....it's not 2014, it's 1914 or worse 1814...they're only saying it's 2014 because it's what they want you to think...
    Can't tell if joke or not.

It's not as up in the conscious as it was pre-60's, so most people either stuff it in the back of their minds, or believe that things have been "fixed" magically.

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Even before the grand jury decision was announced, I saw a sea of hoodies in the crowd of "protestors" and many of them wore bandanas and ski- masks. There was little doubt as to what their true intention was. Most of the crowd was there to loot and plunder businesses (about 2 dozen set on fire). The Democrat governor really dropped the ball by not calling in the National Guard.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Even before the grand jury decision was announced, I saw a sea of hoodies in the crowd of "protestors" and many of them wore bandanas and ski- masks. There was little doubt as to what their true intention was.
    Their heads were covered because it was cold. Their faces were covered to protect themselves from tear gas as the PD had shown poor judgement in its use in prior protests.

There were hundreds of peaceful protestors and a few dozen thugs.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it
    Likes Ivy, Surr liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

More guns, that will solve the problem.

More seriously, I really have no idea what's going on there (too far, not reading enough of media sources, etc.), but I still have to say that 'more guns' attitude seems to be exactly the problem. Fighting fire with fire.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    yupp
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes Xann liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Just to point out, when O.J. Simpson was set free, no white people rioted. Just putting it out there, since everybody wants to compare this to O.J. Simpson.

Witnesses agree that Mike Brown was leaning into the car, struggling with Darryl Wilson. I was legitimately on the side of Mike Brown being innocent until that. Everyone wants to say that white people are burying their head in the sand to believe he's innocent, but most people are doing the same to believe Mike Brown was guilty, or if not guilty of attacking him then being very, very stupid for escalating the confrontation.

As for the grand jury not being convened appropriately, how they did it is a legal way of doing it. In the rare, high-profile cases like this, holding a grand jury and presenting them with all evidence rather than the prosecutor's choice of evidence to establish probable cause is the norm. It's not the norm in most cases, but it's the standard way of dealing with high-profile cases. Should McCulloch have resigned due to partiality? Yes, but that's a minimal factor in the process, and a non-issue since everything about the grand jury has been made public, so any of his partiality is out in the open for scrutiny. But fudging basic perceptions about the process itself in order to fuel what we want to see is stupid.

It's also funny to me how when Mike Brown's stepfather gets pissed and says to burn the whole town down, CNN says "He's just human," but when an officer in an adrenaline-fueled confrontation makes a bad mistake (according to that particular narrative, since there's like ten at this point), he's guilty of murder. Amazing how that logic works.

We choose what we want to believe as a society. The legal system doesn't operate in a way that bends to what the public wants. That's what it's designed to do: be impartial and look at cold facts. The fact that Mike Brown had his head in the cruiser is very damning. According to all witness reports who say the beginning of the event, he contributed to the confrontation, and it's a proven fact that inciting a confrontation with someone who has a gun is an objectively bad idea. It doesn't matter who or what that man is, he's human, and triggering that fight or flight response when he's more armed than you will get you killed.

If people think the law is biased against minorities, then they need to go through the system to have the law reformed, because that's how the process works whether they're minorities or not. And anyways, there are enough lawmakers who are minorities that it can be done. But no, let's just get mad! Burn their house down! With the lemons!

Casey Anthony, George Zimmerman, O.J. Simpson, etc, the law doesn't work a certain way because we want it to. The real story here is that we haven't learned that by now. And the protests are just people with too little to do and too much excitement wanting to get involved in a cause. They want this to be the new Civil Rights Movement, because wouldn't it be cool if we could go back to the good old days of social movements happening somewhere other than the internet?

By next week we'll be concerned with something else. I bet Obama will wear another peach-colored shirt and everything will go back to how it was.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

MBTI
    INTP

Well, I was having a root canal the past couple of days, staring at the TV on the ceiling (with volume on), while my black dentist was performing dental surgery. Now, this guy is a stand-up professional, but he's also human, and I couldn't help but worry that he might find the news program on the television just a wee bit distracting right now....

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    More guns, that will solve the problem.

More seriously, I really have no idea what's going on there (too far, not reading enough of media sources, etc.), but I still have to say that 'more guns' attitude seems to be exactly the problem. Fighting fire with fire.
    Reminds me of a quote from Aliens when the Colonial Marines encounter a xenomorph but are told to surrender their ammo because there's a danger that gunfire might cause an explosion.

"What the hell are we supposed to use? Harsh language?"

Anyway, I'm not sure what your gunphobia has to do with the situation in Ferguson, unless you mean to imply that police shouldn't carry guns. And if that was the case there would be absolutely zero law enforcement presence in bad neighborhoods, because no police officer would be suicidal enough to venture in there.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Some positive news from Ferguson: Tea Party groups and others helped raise $160,000 online to help Natalie Dubose after her "Cakes and More" business was destroyed.

Today Natalie Dubose went on FOX News to talk about her experience. Natalie said her business took a hit after the rioting in August. She also said it is her only source of income for her and her two children. Before she opened her business last year Natalie would sell her cakes every weekend at local flea markets. She was so proud of her business. Then the looters and rioters ruined all of that for Natalie and the other local business owners.

Supporters Donate $160,000 to #Ferguson “Cakes and More” Business Owner Natalie Dubose
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.