User Tag List

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Default The Libertarians planning to take over New Hampshire

The Libertarians planning to take over New Hampshire

This is an intriguing strategy. Many liberal states on the east coast are tiny, tiny states like Rhode Island, Delaware, and New Hampshire. It really wouldn't take much of a population shift to seize the political power in those states.

He left Florida and moved to New Hampshire to push the libertarian agenda in a state whose motto is “Live free or die” - one of more than 1,600 to have done so.

They are the first tranche of 16,000 people who have pledged to up sticks and make the state a “beacon of liberty”.
    If the GOP were smart, they'd fund this movement. That's 6 senate seats up for grabs if enough libertarians decide to take over that corner of the nation. The selling point for libertarians should be legalized marijuana; young voters want their weed.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    The Libertarians planning to take over New Hampshire

This is an intriguing strategy. Many liberal states on the east coast are tiny, tiny states like Rhode Island, Delaware, and New Hampshire. It really wouldn't take much of a population shift to seize the political power in those states.

If the GOP were smart, they'd fund this movement. That's 6 senate seats up for grabs if enough libertarians decide to take over that corner of the nation. The selling point for libertarians should be legalized marijuana; young voters want their weed.
    What do libertarians have to do with todays republicans?

Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by PocketFullOf
    What do libertarians have to do with todays republicans?
    Not much, but as a political strategy, anything that reduces the number of Democrats in Congress is a good thing for Republicans.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

By the standards of most states, New Hampshire is already pretty libertarian. If they simply moved next door to left-wing Vermont, their mission would have much dimmer prospects.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

They'll never take it over because there are too many massholes in southern NH.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

Not much, but as a political strategy, anything that reduces the number of Democrats in Congress is a good thing for Republicans.
    As a libertarian I don't like republicans. I don't care which party has more, I don't like either. If the republicans actually have a platform besides "we hate Obama" then hopefully they will use it to help the american people in the next two years, if all they do is say no, then I'm inclined for the libertarians to try to side with the democrats. Either way, I would rather both parties crumble, and the way to do this is not for the libertarians to ally themselves with the republicans, but to play up their independent thinking and encourage others who are not in agreement with either of the major parties to follow their example. I don't like the Green party or the justice party, but I would love them to have a voice too, the more parties the better, and I think that the American people would realize the worth of their vote a little more as well.

Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can

Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    DEUS

Employing the Russian strategy - pathetic.
    ‘Many novelties have come from America. The most startling of these, a thing without precedent, is a mass of undignified poor. They do not love one another because they do not love themselves.’

‘And we will have made great strides in equality,
    when few have too much and fewer too little.’.

MBTI
    INTP

Libertarians...lolol...what a bunch...OK, I am one, but then we need to stop seeing humans as ultra-reasonable and rational..

Either live amongst other humans objectively, or study psychology since its inception....we don't act, think or reason logically 100% of the time...some don't at all, and they're not considered mentally ill by any professional standard. Libertarians need to get with reality IMHO..
    Good result (vs. Soton)...still have to go #Arsene

Tengo los conocimientos estardiar....no hay un motivo para estar al tanto de la reunión que sucedió hace mucho tiempo ....
    Likes Hard liked this post

The selling point for libertarians should be legalized marijuana; young voters want their weed.
    the only difference between libertarians and conservative republicans is one group hangs out at ziggy marley shows and bonnaroo, the other group at steely dan and oldies concerts