User Tag List

First 1234 Last

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus
    Could it be your initial claim was hyperbolic?
    We're talking about Democrat policitians today. Harry Reid is a liar; Nancy Pelosi's a liar; Hillary lied about dodging sniper fire; Fauxcahontas Warren lied about her heritage, etc. Many, many Congressional Democrats told the same lies as Obama (that you can keep your doctor, your plan, etc). It's not hyperbole if it's true.

Could you, in fact, be biased?
    I've considered the possibility, but concluded that I'm the least biased person I know. If a Republican told the same number of lies, I'd be all over him as well.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    We're talking about Democrat policitians today. Harry Reid is a liar; Nancy Pelosi's a liar; Hillary lied about dodging sniper fire; Fauxcahontas Warren lied about her heritage, etc. Many, many Congressional Democrats told the same lies as Obama (that you can keep your doctor, your plan, etc). It's not hyperbole if it's true.
    Remember the WMD in Iraq?
    Likes Hard, Floki, Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus
    Remember the WMD in Iraq?
    It's never been proven that Bush didn't know there weren't WMDs in Iraq. Also, Hillary, Kerry, Boxer, Edwards, and the British Intelligence Community all believed the same thing. Saddam Hussein thought he had WMDs as well. This is vastly different from the deliberate, orchestrated lies told by Obama and Congressional Democrats.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    DEUS

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    I've considered the possibility, but concluded that I'm the least biased person I know.
    This reads like a joke. Are you being sarcastic?
    ‘Many novelties have come from America. The most startling of these, a thing without precedent, is a mass of undignified poor. They do not love one another because they do not love themselves.’

‘And we will have made great strides in equality,
    when few have too much and fewer too little.’.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I mean, the reality is he's right and people have known it a long time. Once you're here, it's almost really wasteful trying to get people to leave. Tighten up the borders, make it harder for people to get in, and make the people who have clearly been functioning here already accountable. $500 a joke's worth of money, but getting all of those people to pay it would be a step in the right direction towards paying taxes at least (I'm assuming they won't get a tax break about it) on top of any taxes they might have to start paying now.. on top of that, it gives people the ability to become citizens.

Get them to pay something at least instead of nothing, and focus on chasing the criminals out of here instead of the people that probably didn't have many other options. I think it's a valuable use of resources based on the circumstances. A band-aid approach, definitely, but it isn't an unwise move when you look at it from the approach that they're not getting citizenship any faster this way.

My best friend's friend's wife used to be a US citizen, moved to France years ago and got citizenship there, and now their family wants to move back. Granted, she was a total moron for not bothering for dual citizenship, but the consulate said she'd have to move, by herself, away from her family and establish herself for like 2 years here in America and prove she really wanted to be here before her family could tag along. Why on earth would anyone ever think it a good idea to separate a mother from her family? She used to live here. She was born here. And now we're treating her like a foreigner/terrorist/anythingelsehere because she met someone she fell in love with in France. It's trashy to me.

And that's really where I find the shit in immigration. The people who want to do it legally always get horribly shafted. It's much easier to come here, and become legal, than it is to just do things the legal way. And it's more efficient doing it the slightly illegal way. And the reality is, they're going to come whether they wait legally or not. And people from all over the world can come visit--but then when you're applying they make you go through such extensive background checks and immunization forms that you'd swear your whole country was filled with a new plague. People have to waste years of their lives working jobs they don't even like trying to get the opportunity to transfer over to the US hoping to get an opportunity that way. It's garbage. And we're not the only country like that.. I have a problem with most countries' immigration procedures.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes Hard, Floki, Ivy liked this post

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    This reads like a joke. Are you being sarcastic?
    It is most likely not, from what I've gathered about this individual.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Are you being sarcastic?
    Not at all; I consider the possibility that I might be wrong about every opinion I hold, but over the years, my beliefs have been reinforced time and time again by events I observe. When a person is right and proven right time and time again, they gain a little bit more confidence in the accuracy of their beliefs. By the way, I'm only confident in the few areas where I've been paying attention to and in those few areas, I'm completely objective.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post

All executive orders are not equal.
    Quantity doesn't equal quality.
    you're right...

he should have done it earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Floki View Post
    you're right...

he should have done it earlier.
    Why do you have such blatant disregard for the rule of law? Even Obama at least recognized this was a course of last resort.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Funny: SNL mocking Obama's executive action

Funnier: WaPo actually fact-checking an SNL skit. What next, fact-checking The Onion?

SNL skit suggests Obama’s immigration executive action is unconstitutional - The Washington Post
    Last edited by Beorn; 11-23-2014 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Action, not order, whatever
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it