User Tag List

First 12

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Not interested in Christie, DB?
    His style wont sell outside of the North East. Base isn't a huge fan.

He doesn't match up well against Clinton. Too similar too establishment.

MBTI
    INTJ

Can't wait to see another Bush or Clinton in the White House so we can finally declare ourselves a kingdom.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketFullOf View Post
    It's not like it'd be much different anyway. Obama has proven himself to be a run of the mill democrat.
    Indeed, presented with the option to run for president, Obama wondered whether he was too normal a person to make it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Can't wait to see another Bush or Clinton in the White House so we can finally declare ourselves a kingdom.
    Why wait? You already had two Adamses, two Roosevelts, almost two Kenneyds, two Bushes as presidents, and several other members of the same families in lower public offices. And these are just the ones I can think of off the bat.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Maybe Hilary will finally get her chance.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    but in every liberal democracy, politicians lie....people vote them out, and then this cycle exists perpetually.....I guarantee most americans come 2020 will say "Joe/Jane President has NOT fulfilled his or her campaign promises, that Dem/GOP man/woman would do better!" I think this will continue until there is change in the system.......
    I believe this is true.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

From The Hill:

13 Republicans most likely to win the White House in 2016

Republicans say their long list of 2016 hopefuls is among the deepest, most diverse group in recent history without a clear frontrunner.

“This is the most open field we’ve ever seen,” one GOP strategist told The Hill.

That means there will be a narrow path to victory for many of the candidates, as they fight for the money, media, and voters they’ll need in the win-early-or-go-home battle royale.

The Hill spoke to more than a half-dozen Republican strategists to find out where the top names currently rank. Here’s their take.

THE BIG THREE

These candidates will leverage strong donor bases and have the most potential to bridge the establishment vs. conservative gap.

Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.)

Paul would not have been in the top tier just a few months ago, but since then he’s become a media sensation. He’s as comfortable bashing the president for his immigration executive actions on Fox News as he is joking about pot with Bill Maher on HBO’s “Real Time.”

In addition to inheriting his father’s campaign infrastructure, he’s moved early and aggressively to build his own from Silicon Valley to Washington.

Paul’s Libertarian streak could appeal to young voters who have tilted Democratic in recent years. And out of the top tier of establishment contenders, he has the best chance of winning the Iowa caucuses, which would make him the unquestioned frontrunner.

“Paul supporters always do more with less,” one strategist said. But it doesn’t look like he’ll have to this time around.
    My predictions keep looking better by the day.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Not sure. A look at the last few presidential races without an incumbent running suggest that the eventual president may not even be considered a contender at this point in the process.

I know one thing for sure, I haven't seen anyone's name surface that I'd take over a third Obama term.
    I'd prefer Rand Paul or Elizabeth Warren over another term of Obama's "transparency but we're really spying on everyone".

I don't think either will win their party's nomination because both have too much of an anti-establishment streak in them. The Funders will find someone who can be marketed as bipartisan and willing to compromise, which is code for giving lobbyists/Wall Street/etc everything they want.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."