User Tag List

123 Last

Default "They've spent 6 years trying to fail him, and they've suceeded."

While working, a discontented customer came to me asking me to lend an ear towards him. While the conversation isn't exact, this is the closest that I can come up with. The anger and anguish that he felt while living in one of the ghetto parts of the city was as real as I could of felt it. In some ways, he felt like he was being cast aside for a group of people who could care less about his living conditions nor the living conditions of similar people. I guess you can say, I have all of a sudden felt a part of the culture that wasn't being listened to, nor have they been listened to. Considering that I am a Political Science major, I did learn and experience some of the things underrepresented people go through (whether it be the poor or the rich, it doesn't matter... what matters is that the person feels underrepresented.)

Considering it was the midterm elections, I already had a prediction of how the elections will go nationally (all I did was focus on local bills and propositions.... awesome that they turned out how I wanted it to be... I guess.)

------------------------

Customer: Are you willing to lend an ear to what I have to say.
    RT: Sure.
    Customer: I'm sorry if it sounds like I am ranting at you, but you know what happened in the elections right?
    RT: Yeah
    Customer: When Obama went into office 6 years ago, Newt Gingrich and his cronies said that they wanted to make sure that little of the policies that Obama wanted to get through will get through. All of the policies that he wanted to pass in his first year of office, they've blocked them all. That racist SoB and similar folk in office could care a little less of the living conditions that many people feel. And if it wasn't for Obama being president, they wouldn't be scared shitless about a *censored* being in office.

Interjection

Customer: Sorry if I am using ghetto language in front of you.
    RT: No problem.

End Interjection

Customer: What would scare that majority even more is if we elect a Latino/Asian/Women-American in office.
    RT: Yeah, maybe.
    Customer: You know why? Because they would be scared that their racist stronghold is crumbling.
    RT: Mmmmhmmmm

Customer leaves general area

Customer: 6 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------------

I guess 6 years did little after all, let alone more than a century.

MBTI
    INTJ

What's with the fucking censoring?
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    What's with the fucking censoring?
    LOL, I have this bad habit of censoring the N word, hahaha.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Customer: When Obama went into office 6 years ago, Newt Gingrich and his cronies said that they wanted to make sure that little of the policies that Obama wanted to get through will get through.
    Newt Gingrich left office in 1999.

All of the policies that he wanted to pass in his first year of office, they've blocked them all.
    This person seems to be clueless. Democrats had the majority in both the House and Senate for the first two years of Obama's presidency. 111th United States Congress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    Newt Gingrich left office in 1999.

This person seems to be clueless. Democrats had the majority in both the House and Senate for the first two years of Obama's presidency. 111th United States Congress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Both very true!!!

The underlying theme is the tension that he felt during that time when Republicans won the Senate (and basically both HoR and Senate,) which is real, whether clueless or not. I guess for that guy, and very similar minded people, 6 years with Obama in office did very little to reshape ills.

When he said Newt Gingrich, I would believe that he was referring to him having some influence over the current Republican portion of congress (whether significant or not) because of past events when he was in office in the 1990's (the customer was significantly older than I was... so.)

MBTI
    INTP

um, please don't take this too harshly, but is this seriously the first time in your life to have heard such a rant? Its not that uncommon to overhear such things in any unprofessional public place with a racially and economically diverse crowd (high schools, public transport, parks, fast food restaurants, etc.).

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

It's sad really. What Jonathan Gruber (Obamacare architect) said of these people is absolutely true. A significant percentage of the electorate are perfectly brainwashed with little to no critical thinking skills (I think that's what Gruber meant by "stupid"). What destroyed Detroit are 5 decades of Democrat policies, but the people there still elect Democrat after Democrat and I'm sure they blame Republicans for the sad state of that city. It's self-destructive behavior brought on by addiction to government entitlements.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    um, please don't take this too harshly, but is this seriously the first time in your life to have heard such a rant? Its not that uncommon to overhear such things in any unprofessional public place with a racially and economically diverse crowd (high schools, public transport, parks, fast food restaurants, etc.).
    Doesn't make it any less real as the Obama-is-running-this-country-towards-the-ground crowd I suppose. It's actually quite common to hear such statements through the underrepresented, especially when one becomes frustrated, and signaling it in one of these unprofessional ways is one of them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I know a few multiple-degreed people who are throwing around the 'it's republicans' fault' meme. They wouldn't get those facts wrong, but the conclusion is their conclusion is the same.

The particulars don't matter to an Fi user who emotionally invested. Te will be used to support what the Fi wants to believe. Correcting them is seen as an attack and they become more defensive of the narrative. Fi has to be at peace before Te can be used rationally.

But I don't really know. I'm not a political science major.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I always find it odd that people give their political opinions in the most random ways to the most random people. There are much better places to voice feelings on the current (meaning, it will eventually be the former) administration, with more receptive audiences.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes PocketFullOf liked this post