User Tag List

Default America's Horrible Education Scam, The Lottery

John Oliver Chugs Some Vodka To Prove A Point About America's Horrible Education Scam, The Lottery

At 8:39, you can learn just one of the many stories that make them a blight on our community. And at 11:40, you can learn the truth about how they actually don't help at all as John Oliver explains what North Carolina did with their money.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

The money never goes where it should. Voters support various money-wasting projects. The money has to come from somewhere. It is largely the public's fault. Mom and pop's want the space program, the welfare state, whatever else is presented to them (it all sounds like a good idea), and, when the time comes, their social security which they never really paid into. So, the kids, who's education has been underfunded, will pay for it.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

This isn't surprising. The lottery is a tax on the poor. No self-respecting state should have one.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

It's a big ugly mole on the face of my state. There's even a traditional among poorer populations here in Texas that you give scratch-off tickets as stocking stuffers for Christmas.

I'm not a gambler, so I'm not a fan. And after seeing what video machines have done to my dad, I'm glad I have a hatred and bias against them.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkSide View Post
    The money never goes where it should. Voters support various money-wasting projects. The money has to come from somewhere. It is largely the public's fault. Mom and pop's want the space program, the welfare state, whatever else is presented to them (it all sounds like a good idea), and, when the time comes, their social security which they never really paid into. So, the kids, who's education has been underfunded, will pay for it.
    Unfortunately "mom and pop" tend not to want sensible legislative districts; campaign finance reform; progressive taxation; and the economies of scale obtained by implementing good ideas at the community level. I would say they get what they deserve, but unfortunately the rest of us who didn't vote for it are stuck with it, too. Democracy is supposed to mean "government by the people". I don't know what the term would be for "government by the ignorant".
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Grand Admiral Crunch liked this post