User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Why do people continue to fuck or try to fuck people they work with? You don't shit where you eat.
    Maybe he did, maybe he didn't; depends on who you believe...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Why do people continue to fuck or try to fuck people they work with? You don't shit where you eat.
    When did it come out that this was about someone he had sex with at work?
    Don't like my modera... Oh wait, wrong forum. Carry on.

ESTP, 8w7 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by TreeBob View Post
    When did it come out that this was about someone he had sex with at work?

The Toronto Star article says:

The three women interviewed by the Star allege that Ghomeshi physically attacked them on dates without consent. They allege he struck them with a closed fist or open hand; bit them; choked them until they almost passed out; covered their nose and mouth so that they had difficulty breathing; and that they were verbally abused during and after sex.

A fourth woman, who worked at CBC, said Ghomeshi told her at work: “I want to hate f--- you.”
    Tried. Allegedly.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Codex liked this post

Jian Ghomeshi created ‘environment of tyranny’ | National Post

When in 2010 she revealed to the show’s executive producer that the host had said he wanted to “hate f—” her, and had groped her buttocks, the manager suggested there was no point confronting Mr. Ghomeshi about his actions, the woman said.

“[The executive producer's] comment to me was …’He’s never going to change, you’re a malleable person, let’s talk about how you can make this a less toxic work environment for you,” the woman recalled. “No one was going to talk to Jian, he was too big. The show was a f—-ing juggernaut at that point. His face and name were inextricably linked with the brand of Q.”

The woman, now 35, also said she observed some unusual dating strategies by Mr. Ghomeshi. He would search for messages about him posted on Twitter or Facebook by women who appeared attractive, then contacted them directly, she said.

“He did this every single night,” the former producer said. “He was soliciting non stop. It was his playground.”

Like many of the women who have come out this week with allegations of sexual misconduct by Mr. Ghomeshi, the ex-CBC employee said she was not willing to have her name published, fearful of backlash on social media, and from the Q star himself.

I knew a woman—a big Jian Ghomeshi fan—who was giddy when he started following her on Twitter a few years ago (nothing came of it; she never met him, and he stopped following her a few weeks later). In retrospect that's now so very creepy...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    I knew a woman—a big Jian Ghomeshi fan—who was giddy when he started following her on Twitter a few years ago (nothing came of it; she never met him, and he stopped following her a few weeks later). In retrospect that's now so very creepy...
    Potentially.

Hard to tell yet whether nothing happened because nothing was happening, or nothing happened because he found someone else more appealing to follow.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

At least he didn't discriminate: a man has now come forward with allegations that he was sexually harassed (his genitals fondled) by Ghomeshi. When he got mad at Ghomeshi, and told him that was sexual harassment, Ghomeshi allegedly accused him of being homophobic.

Stay tuned, kids....

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Count is up to ten now, isn't it, with three willing to disclose their names. All the Big Ears Teddy talk and other striking similarities between accounts makes me skeptical that it is just people with a grudge. The York student thing dates all the way back to his Moxy Fruvous days in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Big Ears Teddy talk
    Oh god. The Big Ears Teddy thing just squicks me out.

The York student thing dates all the way back to his Moxy Fruvous days in the 90s.
    Yeah. Around which time, he also made a video, mocking and insulting his fans, with a little ditty. He fondly croons, "All my fans make me sick. All my fans are very thick. I'd like to beat them with a fucking big stick.”

The saga of Ghomeshi and his ego continues....
    Likes Codex liked this post

The allegations against Ghomeshi are the first of many public allegations of sexual harassment now coming to light. Two (middle-aged, male) Liberal Party MPs have been suspended from the House of Commons for "personal misconduct" toward two (younger, female) NDP MPs.

And there is Jimmy Saville, Gary Glitter, and Rolf Harris, all stars and all convicted of abusing their position of power for sexual abuse.

Power tends to corrupt.