User Tag List

Thread: Who Is More the Buffoon: Obama or Bush II?

5w4 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Default Who Is More the Buffoon: Obama or Bush II?

See this page for results:
    ANALYSIS: Presidents' Speeches Getting Dumb & Dumber

Obama wins by a landslide!
    "I absorb energy like a sponge everywhere I go. It allows me to see the world and my purpose in it." Zak Bagans, Ghost Adventures (INFJ)

Where did you learn how to read graphs? If you paid for that instruction, you should ask for a refund.

Also, much of the Decider's reputation comes from the "words" he used, like misunderestimated and irregardless. You never knew what was going to come out of his mouth next, so in that sense he was interesting to listen to. Obama is just dull.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."
    Likes Hard liked this post

5w6 sp/so

Neither one seems very good at managing or administration. Bush knew how to make "judgment-calls" and stick with a decision in tough times, but as it turns out they were often the wrong calls. Obama, especially in this second term with foreign affairs/international relations seems to have trouble making those judgment calls in the first place. However, I think Obama has done well overall on the domestic front. They also both have a core set of ideals and vision, which in my opinion should be in the Congress's role, but if it has to be taken on by the president, is at least an admirable quality and a good base from which to build plans for implementation. (At least they're not empty suits who stand for whatever will get them votes, like Mitt Romney or Rick Perry).

I think Bush regretted the decision to become president, though. And Obama...well, he's struggling but I bet he still enjoys it overall. I also like Obama's propensity to find compromise between sides (something a lot of people dislike about his style). Unfortunately, sometimes compromise really can't offer anything good, and sometimes Obama did the exact opposite, polarizing a debate.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Unfortunately, there haven't been any good presidential candidates for quite a long time.
    Likes highlander liked this post