User Tag List

First 3456 Last

the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Why would we want to defeat ISIS? Those ashes would give rise to an even more extreme group. And destroying that group would give rise to an even more extreme group, and so on.

This so-called War on Terrorism is an ideological battle that cannot be won with bombs.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Why would we want to defeat ISIS? Those ashes would give rise to an even more extreme group. And destroying that group would give rise to an even more extreme group, and so on.

This so-called War on Terrorism is an ideological battle that cannot be won with bombs.
    No you can win it with brute force but for it or any other terrorist group to NOT to rise again the demography which initially supported the terrorist group should be taken care of.

When i mean taken care of i mean their needs and life standards.

I didn't mean it in the italian american god father way.
    Likes johnnyyukon liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    No you can win it with brute force but for it or any other terrorist group to NOT to rise again the demography which initially supported the terrorist group should be taken care of.

When i mean taken care of i mean their needs and life standards.

I didn't mean it in the italian american god father way.
    That's not winning with brute force.

The only way to "win" with brute force is to commit genocide.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP

IMHO ISIS is a false flag operation ultimately conducted by the same group of people who rule the US and Israel from behind the curtain. I believe it will be somehow be used to accomplish Zionist objectives, mainly involving Syria. Obama even pledged more support for the "syrian opposition" when he war decced ISIS, as if those two were somehow related.

It is also probably in part a propaganda campaign so the media can paint continue muslims as bloodthirsty savages so the sheeple continue to support the wars in foreign lands. Zionists prefer all the islamophobes they can get and they aren't above murdering children, as everyone should well know.

From what I have read, it sounds like most of the terrorists and members "syrian opposition" are comming out of Saudi Arabia, another vassal of the NWO. The US could have done something about ISIS long ago if they really wanted to. So much for all that peace and stability we were brining to Iraq, right? and Libya too. It's all by design.

Not looking for a debate. Just my 2 cents.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I agree. It is not the responsibility of Western countries to fight ISIS in Syria and Iraq, and doing so just stirs up more hatred against us making terrorist attacks more likely. If the neighbouring countries (Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Israel really) do not wish to take responsibility then we do ourselves a further disservice by getting involved. The lessons of the Iraq War should be obvious.

Instead, I think that all who wish to fight for ISIS should be allowed, heck encouraged to leave. There is however a catch: their passports, along with those of their families, should be promptly cancelled. Terrorists and their families are not welcome, and denying them a safe haven is the only way to make this clear.

MBTI
    DEUS

Quote Originally Posted by Haddaway View Post
    Not looking for a debate. Just my 2 cents.
    Of course you are not.
    ‘Many novelties have come from America. The most startling of these, a thing without precedent, is a mass of undignified poor. They do not love one another because they do not love themselves.’

‘And we will have made great strides in equality,
    when few have too much and fewer too little.’.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Sound plan.

Counter Insurgency and its Effects on the Social-Political Economics at Home and Abroad? West Point?

Saudi Arabia and the United States
    "Their close alliance dates to the end of the second world war, when an ailing Franklin Roosevelt met Saudi Arabia’s founding king, Abdul Aziz, aboard the cruiser Quincy in the Suez Canal. Then, and for decades after, the equation was simple: America would provide security, the Saudis oil. "

"Surging oil production at home has sharply lessened America’s dependence on Saudi oil, even as Mr Obama’s determination to extract American forces from such quagmires as Iraq and Afghanistan has been reducing the American bootprint in the region."

ISIS isn't some Hydra head, that will regrow. Virtually no group of substantial notoriety recognizes them. Al Quad-a, for example, a few of many differences:

Structure

ISIS is fighting more like a conventional army than al Qaeda ever did.

It has seized territory and declared a caliphate in northern Syria and Iraq. ISIS is also employing more conventional military tactics, using assault rifles and grenades.

Al Qaeda has not sought to hold on to territory as much as it has been focused on carrying out spectacular attacks that would seize attention from international media. Since the attacks on the Twin Towers and Pentagon it has continued to carry out high-profile, complex attacks, such as last year’s assault on the Westgate Mall in Kenya.

Al Qaeda also wants to establish an Islamic Caliphate, but it has taken a long-term approach, and has discouraged affiliates from going out and doing so.

This is also one of the major reasons why al Qaeda disowned ISIS — it wanted ISIS to wait on establishing a caliphate.
    source: Five ways ISIS, al Qaeda differ | TheHill

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I agree. It is not the responsibility of Western countries to fight ISIS in Syria and Iraq, and doing so just stirs up more hatred against us making terrorist attacks more likely. If the neighbouring countries (Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Israel really) do not wish to take responsibility then we do ourselves a further disservice by getting involved. The lessons of the Iraq War should be obvious.

Instead, I think that all who wish to fight for ISIS should be allowed, heck encouraged to leave. There is however a catch: their passports, along with those of their families, should be promptly cancelled. Terrorists and their families are not welcome, and denying them a safe haven is the only way to make this clear.
    Even sounder plan! Who, I was curious, is going to execute and enforce this?

I'll just assume it was a rhetorical proposition.

That's not winning with brute force.

The only way to "win" with brute force is to commit genocide.
    Bestest sounderest plan yet!!

If history has taught us anything, it's that violence met with opposing violence NEVER works. WWII against the Nazis, for example.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

"It is easy to wage war. It is difficult to understand war".

- Carl Von Clausewitz.
    Likes johnnyyukon liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

The U.S. should understand the ammunition they are up against since they provided it to them to begin with.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8