User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't think I would, if I already had a co-parent who for whatever reason couldn't be the other biological parent (was a woman, was infertile, etc.).

MBTI
    yupp

so you wouldn't want to know the father? I'm confused I guess my mind moved from the lesbian aspect to the just getting kids aspect.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Not if I already had a partner, I don't think I would. If I didn't have a partner I don't think I would want kids.

MBTI
    yupp

yeah but your partner's male and you're female so why do you need to have another baby daddy? I mean unless something happened.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't. I'm talking about a hypothetical situation. There are lots of reasons a woman with a male partner might need donor sperm- maybe her partner had a vasectomy before they met and has now changed his mind and wants kids. Maybe he had testicular cancer and the treatments made him sterile/infertile his testicles were removed. Maybe he's sterile/infertile for some other unknown reason. It happens. IF I were in one of those situations, or if I were a lesbian with a committed female partner, I don't think I would want to know the donor. It would just make things weirder.

MBTI
    yupp

o ok, that makes a lot more sense. I don't know my thoughts on it to be honest for me personally. for anyone else my life is i control what happens in mine, i have how i like things. and other people's preferences don't bother me as long as they're not harming another. if someone wants to run around with horse masks on and spooking strangers at the mall, they can do that just don't drag me along. hell, I'll sit on a bench near by and watch if they really want me to be there, and I like them at least a little.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I'm sure some do. Or go the turkey baster route. For some, having a kid whose other biological parent is someone you know but aren't in a relationship with would be weirder than having a kid with a stranger you never have to meet. I think it would be for me.
    Lol, I was gonna use that exact noun.

I mean, though they may not use a turkey baster, when you go get artificially inseminated, I imagine it can't be much different. So while it seems odd to raise a stink over the wrong "product" and damning to a child's self esteem if you filed a lawsuit, ironically, a well organized frozen semen shelf could have prevented all of this.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Lol, I was gonna use that exact noun.

I mean, though they may not use a turkey baster, when you go get artificially inseminated, I imagine it can't be much different. So while it seems odd to raise a stink over the wrong "product" and damning to a child's self esteem if you filed a lawsuit, ironically, a well organized frozen semen shelf could have prevented all of this.
    this reminds me of the urban legend of where a girl gives her boy friend head, and he doesn't want kids so she saves the semen freezes it than impregnants herself with it. I don't know how true that is, but people are crazy, considering people set their room mates on fire over spaghetti, I guess this isn't that much more far fetched.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    this reminds me of the urban legend of where a girl gives her boy friend head, and he doesn't want kids so she saves the semen freezes it than impregnants herself with it. I don't know how true that is, but people are crazy, considering people set their room mates on fire over spaghetti, I guess this isn't that much more far fetched.
    Ask a pro athlete's experience with alimony hungry groupies. I met a few and they all said that some women in that circle have ONE goal, getting knocked up by a rich pro-athlete.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Ask a pro athlete's experience with alimony hungry groupies. I met a few and they all said that some women in that circle have ONE goal, getting knocked up by a rich pro-athlete.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all