User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Chthonic View Post
    Whatever happened to acceptance in life. Acceptance that life doesn't run to carefully laid plans and stupid wishes of mere mortals. Grow up and get over it before you damage your child's sense of self by making an issue over the colour of her skin. OH dear a white couple now have to live with a circumstance people of colour have no choice about. Here's the smallest violin in the world, playing just for you.
    Once again, it isn't just about that. It's not like I have all the sympathies in the world for people.. and particularly less now that there's not a dude involved (sorry lesbians, but it's pretty much known it's artificial if you're homosexual).

But, there is a sense of this being a big decision, and carefully choosing a baby that closely matches what would be natural, and then having some stranger's DNA sort of violating your personal space. You let certain people into your personal space, and now there's a strangers DNA? What if those genes didn't mesh up well with hers, and now she's got to deal with all sorts of who knows what? There's a lot that goes into that mistake, psychologically and physiologically. Mostly psychologically.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I had imagined they didn't realize it was so racist until they had a baby of color...
    ^ Probably. Most people don't realize it because it's just the norm until they branch outside of that norm. In Lufkin, TX, there was a black girl that had no idea how to act around other black people because it's very monochromatic, and she was sort of indoctrinated into that culture as well. She didn't realize how racist she was against her own race until she got into the military and realized she was uncomfortable around a majority of black people that naturally cliqued together before formations and such.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Oh, someone became aware of their white privilege? How uncomfortable to be burdened with the other side of reality, suddenly......
    I'm not so sure calling it 'white privilege' is the correct term. Ostracization due to skin color could happen to people of all skin colors. An Asian person in a African community, or a white person in an Asian community. In fact, many mixed people have this feeling for all sides of their ethnic background, sometimes feeling they have to choose one background versus another. In point, this is not an issue of white privilege, but rather a larger scenario that can happen to people of any color, not just the white-black dichotomy.

Maybe calling it majority privilege would be better.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Personally, I think they're spinning it in a way that will get the most out of a lawsuit. Pain and suffering tends to go further than professional mistake.

As far as the ethical implications, I don't think it's wrong to have wanted a white baby. If a black woman got a white baby, I don't think she'd be wrong for saying that it's not kosher. Now the parents have to explain to everyone how the white woman ended up with a mixed baby when her husband isn't black. I'd get sick of that after that first time it happened. So hopefully they nail his ass over this.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

what husband?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

They should have just kept the receipt, or at the very least got a 3 year protection warranty.

I got one for my playstation.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes Thalassa liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Artificial insemination is creepy. We have sexual attraction for a reason. I would be so weirded out by things like how this effects the child's immunity, etc. Black is only a visible issue, you have some stranger's genes in your body for the love of God. Imagine all the other things you are getting besides melanin. Couldn't do it. Nope. Those fertility procedures are really expensive though, I mean. ...really.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Lesbians don't have sexual attraction to men, so to have babies, they either have to grit their teeth and do the deed with a male friend, or go with the presumably much less awkward and unpleasant artificial insemination route.

MBTI
    yupp

^^^
    true but my friend who happens to be a lesbian was also a prostitute and slept with men of course she was feeding a habit. so perhaps if they just got blitz than did it
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm sure some do. Or go the turkey baster route. For some, having a kid whose other biological parent is someone you know but aren't in a relationship with would be weirder than having a kid with a stranger you never have to meet. I think it would be for me.

MBTI
    yupp

yeah I guess if I wanted kids, I'd probably prefer to know the father.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so