User Tag List

1231151 Last

Default The Police Misconduct Thread

There are tons of police misconduct stories that come out all of the time and I thought it's about time I start a thread where I can post them all. A year or so ago I didn't think there was a significant police problem in America until I spent time on a forum that regularly posted police misconduct stories so hopefully this will also help build awareness of the problem in many parts of this country. Of course stories from around the world are welcome as well.

So let's get started.

This dash cam video was released last night and it shows a South Carolina police officer shooting someone reaching for their wallet after being pulled over for not wearing a seatbelt.

Story: Trooper Sean Groubert's dash cam shows shooting of Levar Jones - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina |

Of course to literally add insult to injury the cop handcuffs the guy after shooting him.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it
    Likes magpie, Floki liked this post

Video of a man being shot in Walmart for having a pellet gun. Ohio is an open carry state by the way.

Stories that led up to the release of the video

Video shows police shot Ohio man ‘on sight’ as he leaned on toy gun in Walmart, attorney says

Ohio’s attorney general fights release of video from Walmart shooting: ‘Trust the system’

Shortly after a Grand Jury doesn't indict two officers Federal investigators to review fatal Walmart shooting of John Crawford

Nothing will come of the federal investigation as those charges require a higher standard of intent than the state charges.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Whoa. I was just about to post that first video.

After asking him to retrieve his license, the cop shot the guy. What happened afterward was a kick to the dick to someone who was already down.

"You dove head-first back into your car. and then you jumped back out when I told you to get out of your car."--that was his reasoning as to why he shot him. Why did he get pulled over? "Seatbelt violation, sir." When did he pull his seatbelt off? Right before he turned in to the gas station.

While the dude's writhing in pain, the officer had the audacity to ask him for his license again.

Remember, kids; always wear your seatbelts. Otherwise, you might get fucking shot.

Also: isn't it kind of dangerous to discharge a firearm at a gas station?
    Last edited by Bush Did 9/11; 09-25-2014 at 10:12 AM. Reason: minced
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    Also: isn't it kind of dangerous to discharge a firearm at a gas station?
    Especially if you can't shoot for shit. Though, thank God he couldn't aim.

MBTI
    ISTx

Yay, these threads...

I'm just going to post cool cop videos instead:

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Yay, these threads...

I'm just going to post cool cop videos instead:

1. Don't troll. Start your own thread.
    2. If you're a good cop who holds other cops accountable why would you be bothered by a thread like this? Don't you want cops to protect and serve and suffer the appropriate penalties for genuine misconduct?
    Likes cafe liked this post

MBTI
    ISTx

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    1. Don't troll. Start your own thread.
    2. If you're a good cop who holds other cops accountable why would you be bothered by a thread like this? Don't you want cops to protect and serve and suffer the appropriate penalties for genuine misconduct?
    Because, these threads do nothing for "accountability" they just feed in to the negative sentiment that it's "us vs. them" and that cops are the bad guy. It shows all the worst of policing in a consistent barrage of video and story (depicting a minuscule fraction of police enconters with the public) which compromises the work of the 500,000 other U.S. cops who go to work with respect and dignity day in and day out. They do a job that sometimes requires snap decisions to be made, in a high-risk environment, with no benefit of monday morning quarterbacking. These threads are insulting because it's just that, people with no experience or knowledge critiquing a situation that they can thank Budda they'll never be required to make. That's my .02.

For the story of a dick cop that beats the shit out of someone undeservedly every once in a while, of course, screw those bad apples. Fire them, charge them with their crime and let's move on.
    Likes Arctic Hysteria, TopCatLSD, Yuu liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Because, these threads do nothing for "accountability" they just feed in to the negative sentiment that it's "us" vs. them and that cops are the bad guy.
    I'm pretty sure the police (and swamp-load of unnecessary crimes) created the Us v. Them mentality.

I mean you're immediately complaining about this thread instead of at least condemning the officer in the first video who is an obvious criminal.

It shows all the worst of policing in a consistent barrage of video and story, which compromises the work of the 500,000 other U.S. cops who go to work with respect and dignity, day in and day out.
    What do you mean "compromises the work"? Why can't the police do their job if the public is made aware of when they screw up?

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    I'm pretty sure the police (and swamp-load of unnecessary crimes) created the Us v. Them mentality.
    This is a whole different discussion, and it seems to be the norm that the people that create these kinds of threads are the ones who disregard the laws to begin with.

What do you mean "compromises the work"? Why can't the police do their job if the public is made aware of when they screw up?
    I'm just saying, there's very little appreciation but no shortage of people that jump at the opportunity to crucify a police officer.
    Likes Arctic Hysteria, TopCatLSD, Bknight, Yuu liked this post