User Tag List

Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The Police Misconduct Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    And? Do cops say this is okay? Is this an occupational violation? Or is this a moral issue? What the hell should other good cops say or do about this? Other than keep doing their job the best they can? Are cops trained saints with weapons? Are we living in a perfect world? Are we perfect? Are you perfect? Shits, terrible shits happen.
    There is only one proper response to rape.
    That's horrible. Nobody should suffer that.

Your example is a moral issue of a person with authority. I've read stories about teachers, doctors, priests, gurus, uncles, fathers, grandfathers, politicians, etc., figures with authority and power committing the crime of taking advantage of the inferiors. Shall we start some more threads too?
    Yes. Absolutely, yes.

Do you know how it feels like to have a family member who is a dedicated police officer and would do nothing else but make the streets safer, and then this kind of thread?
    You do not get to be dismissive of rape and then demand empathy.

This thread has gone into boohoo dead end.
    I don't know what this means but this thread will go on as long as their are daily reports of police abuse and lack of accountability.
    Last edited by EJCC; 10-02-2014 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Removed insult
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Everyone knows that all cops are corrupt and dirty just like Alonzo Harris in Training Day. FACT.

Alonzo Harris: [after killing Roger and framing Jake] Congratulations, son. You're gonna get a Medal of Valor for this.
    Jake Hoyt: But I didn't shoot him.
    Alonzo Harris: A roomful of cops said you did.

Alonzo Harris: Take that d*** and stick it up that funky little ass of yours, b****. Damn, I'm thirsty.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes Arctic Hysteria liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Everyone knows that all cops are corrupt and dirty just like Alonzo Harris in Training Day. FACT.

Alonzo Harris: [after killing Roger and framing Jake] Congratulations, son. You're gonna get a Medal of Valor for this.
    Jake Hoyt: But I didn't shoot him.
    Alonzo Harris: A roomful of cops said you did.

Alonzo Harris: Take that d*** and stick it up that funky little ass of yours, b****. Damn, I'm thirsty.
    Johnny, I like you. I do.
    But please take your fallacy-laden arguments and leave this thread.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

And? Do cops say this is okay? Is this an occupational violation? Or is this a moral issue? What the hell should other good cops say or do about this? Other than keep doing their job the best they can? Are cops trained saints with weapons? Are we living in a perfect world? Are we perfect? Are you perfect? Shit, terrible shits happen.

Your example is a moral issue of a person with authority. I've read stories about teachers, doctors, priests, gurus, uncles, fathers, grandfathers, politicians, etc., figures with authority and power committing the crime of taking advantage of the inferiors.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    There is only one proper response to rape.
    That's horrible. Nobody should suffer that.

You do not get to be dismissive of rape and then demand empathy.

Yes, that's EXACTLY what @Arctic Hysteria was trying to say, that all cops support rape. And why not? It happens so let's all embrace it. And probably that the rapists are the real victims and should be given raises.

Actually she was saying that this shit DOES happen, but have you done ANY research as to what the majority of police officers think of this? And what can they actually do about it? Or what they have done about it in similar situations? My guess is no.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Johnny, I like you. I do.
    But please take your fallacy-laden arguments and leave this thread.
    Fraid not.
    Last edited by EJCC; 10-02-2014 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Removed insult and baiting
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes Arctic Hysteria liked this post

Permabanned Array

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    Accountability is happening more and more every day. Without it, this thread couldn't exist.
    Which is exactly why this thread should exist, exactly why we need videos like this going viral through social media and rising over the surface into local and sometimes national news, not to mention evidence at courts & hearings. Accountability is happening more and more, why fight that off? This is the main format it takes, it should be encouraged, not shoved down. Being afraid of videos like this surfacing is the best thing that has ever happened to police authorities. They can be angry at the camera and the footage and the people capturing it and sharing it all they want, in the end of the day the only thing they can control is the training and conduct within their own departments, which is exactly what they increasingly end up doing, and exactly what they should be doing.

@Beorn, don't let the misdirected anger beat you down, you are doing exactly what needs to be done, an essential part in the emerging ecosystem of accountability
    Likes Ivy, Raffaella, Rasofy liked this post

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENtP
    Enneagram
    395 sp

I've read stories about teachers, doctors, priests, gurus, uncles, fathers, grandfathers, politicians, etc., figures with authority and power committing the crime of taking advantage of the inferiors. Shall we start some more threads too?
    This question has been asked a few times here. Probably (!) rhetorically. The way I read it is--"well, if we have threads about the bad things cops do, we may as well have threads about all of the bad things other people do too!"

Well, yeah. I don't see the problem with that.

We could very well also make threads about researchers fudging results, traders skimming off the top, and reporters fudgifying information; all the while realizing that all of these bad people aren't representative of everyone in their occupation.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    This question has been asked a few times here. Probably (!) rhetorically. The way I read it is--"well, if we have threads about the bad things cops do, we may as well have threads about all of the bad things other people do too!"

We could very well also make threads about researchers fudging results, traders skimming off the top, and reporters fudgifying information; all the while realizing that all of these bad people aren't representative of everyone in their occupation.
    Or famous astrophysicists who make up presidential quotes out of thin air.
    Likes Bush Did 9/11 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Yes, that's EXACTLY what @Arctic Hysteria was trying to say, that all cops support rape. And why not? It happens so let's all embrace it. And probably that the rapists are the real victims and should be given raises.
    Stop with the straw men and misrepresentation.
    I made a direct quote (or near enough). Claimed it was inappropriate and described it as dismissive.
    I said none of the above.

Actually she was saying that this shit DOES happen, but have you done ANY research as to what the majority of police officers think of this? And what can they actually do about it? Or what they have done about it in similar situations? My guess is no.
    Quite the double standard to rely on straw men and hyperbole and expect me to provide research. Just keep paying attention to the posts in this thread and you'll recognize trends and occasionally I'm sure I'll post research findings particularly from Radley Balko and... ya know... the DOJ.
    Last edited by EJCC; 10-02-2014 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Removed insult references

an abyss of Nothingness Array Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post

My point is that, in every single occupation, there's somebody that messes up. Well respected occupations. There are good people who hold these occupations and are dedicating their lives to their cause while I haven't expressed personal appreciation to them.

Again, this society is always going to be problematic. Authority and power have been given to wrong hands for too many times throughout history. Is the president you vote for a good guy? Is your Pope a good guy? Do your neighbor watchers have their own skeleton in their home closet? I just have a different approach in life. People love to hate, but there is no fucking solution, let me repeat, there is no fucking solution coming out from it. People can spend their energy on dissing and hating. Other people can try to appreciate the ones doing good deeds left, to encourage them and hopefully inspire.

Step out of the United States and travel to another country where citizens are responsible for their own safety and cops openly admit to being corrupted. You'll wish you'll be on your next flight back to your country. Note: I'm not American.

People, including cops, lose their moral values for financial reasons, most of the time. If the government spend less money on stupid military and weapons and stupid gigantic sports events, and use that money to build better health care system, provide smarter social benefits, create more jobs and make education affordable or even free, there would be less of the need to make more more more money from immoral acts, committed by, I don't know, cops who try to make more money, hustlers who have no other way to make money?
    Go to northern Europe, watch and figure it out. They're not perfect but they take care of their fucking people.
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |
    Likes johnnyyukon liked this post

an abyss of Nothingness Array Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

@Beorn, I never said rape or any of the misconducts were okay. I wanted to say that terrible things happen and people are aware, but at the end of the day, we cannot do anything about it other than trying to do good things on our part. Do you really think cops walk around, nudge each other and say all these shits are funny? Or the good ones might be like "Fuck me" reading the headlines, feeling like crap because another cop is making the rest look bad, then probably discuss with other cops. AND THEN WHAT? Go to work and try get it right on every call.
    Last edited by EJCC; 10-02-2014 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Removed insult reference
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |

Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast