Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: The Police Misconduct Thread

HopelessSituationWarrior Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Because I have a nuanced position. I'm a big fan of Rand Paul, but am aware of his shortcomings. Weed is getting legalized regardless of whatever else happens so why should I worry?

Criminal justice reform is being spearheaded by the GOP at the moment in case you haven't been listening.

Things are pretty good right now actually.
    That's excellent then. That's pretty much what I want to happen. I hope they do. I don't think this stuff would have ever happened without Bush.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    That's excellent then. That's pretty much what I want to happen. I hope they do. I don't think this stuff would have ever happened without Bush.
    Gore would have fucked up the response to 9/11 as well. The attack put whoever would have been the sitting president in a nigh impossible position. The public yearned for a big sovereign state war answer to an asymmetrical non state actor conflict. It's easy to litigate the past.

But hey its all behind us now. We can tie ourselves in knots figuring out who to blame and how much to hate them, or we can try and move forward together before the country bifurcates along partisan lines and we start killing each other.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

HopelessSituationWarrior Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Gore would have fucked up the response to 9/11 as well. The attack put whoever would have been the sitting president in a nigh impossible position.
    Impossible to tell, really. Bush really whizzed it down his leg, though. He reminds me of LBJ in a way.

But hey its all behind us now. We can tie ourselves in knots figuring out who to blame and how much to hate them, or we can try and move forward together before the country bifurcates along partisan lines and we start killing each other.
    I don't hate you. I just think Bush screwed things up, and I think the GOP will have to answer for that over the long term. They'll have to become more progressive and change more with the times to have any hope of success.

I mean, hell, transgender issues are mainstream now. Who could have predicted that 10 years ago?. There might be a Republican win in 2016, but I think they'll really have to retool themselves to be successful in the long term.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

C'est la vie
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Cop Suspended After Video Emerges Of Brutal Arrests At Teen Pool Party

A Texas police officer has been suspended pending the outcome of an investigation after video surfaced showing one cop pulling a gun on a crowd of teens at a pool party while others handcuffed teenage partygoers.

Police on Friday evening were called to the Craig Ranch North Community Pool in McKinney, roughly 40 miles north of Dallas. McKinney police said in a statement they were responding to a disturbance "involving multiple juveniles at the location, who do not live in the area or have permission to be there, refusing to leave," and that some of them were fighting.

A roughly 7-minute clip of the incident was published on YouTube Saturday and shows officers running after teens, with one aggressively handcuffing a black male teen while pinning a black girl to the ground by her head as she cried for her mother.
    continued: Cop Suspended After Video Emerges Of Brutal Arrests At Teen Pool Party

Actually, I'm pretty impressed that one or two officers held back the cop that drew his weapon (couldn't tell what it was). Although, without the video I doubt they would have reported him and we would have never heard about this.

The default of Black guilt

13 Tweets Expose the Hypocrisy of the Racist Police Violence in McKinney - Mic

edit: see that Beorn already posted, but I'm just going to leave this here, still, as it compares this incident to the Biker gang shooting...

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    edit: see that Beorn already posted, but I'm just going to leave this here, still, as it compares this incident to the Biker gang shooting...
    That comparison is a poor one as we only have photos from after everyone was arrested and subdued.
    Other tweets here make good points, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    That comparison is a poor one as we only have photos from after everyone was arrested and subdued.
    Other tweets here make good points, though.
    You need to look beyond the literal, at the validity of the broader commentary, as there are issues with what the comparison brings to light.

For example, there was a protest by Bikers, because of the excessive number of arrests made after that incident, with the tagline: Bikers Lives Matter, amongst others, which, in a certain light, seems to downplay and satirize the Black Lives Matter.

Bikers rally outside Waco courthouse to protest handling of Twin Peaks shooting | US news | The Guardian

Can we talk about important matters?
    Like the majestic bullet dodging barrel roll Officer Casebolt performed at the dangerous teen pool party.

Likes chickpea, Qre:us liked this post

failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

If I didn't know anything about what is claimed in the news article, I would have thought that picture is from Saturday Night Live. The antler guy's tongue is sticking out, and it appears like part of the joke. oh well, apparently that is not the real story.

Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast