User Tag List

Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: The Police Misconduct Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pixie sticks View Post
    like you ignored my entire post on the last page? and the lingering question of your experience in law-enforcement which you have used as some sort of authority on the matter.
    You nailed it. I'm an academy dropout.

of course. unfortunately, cops can't selectively tear gas individuals who are behaving violently when they're congregated amongst "peaceful" protestors. do you honestly think if the police in ferguson hadn't been wearing gas masks and body armor then there wouldn't have been rioting? don't be so naïve.
    Read the links I posted. They gassed and arrested innocent people. They were forced to settle a lawsuit.

If your position is that every time the police used less lethal force during the protests then you are absolutely wrong.

oh shit! you found an "eyewitness" to corroborate your belief that cops are racist nazis trying to exterminate blacks. we all know how reliable these eyewitnesses are, though you try to dismiss the incident involving the kid who was allegedly shot in the back; and, no, it wasn't just that emotionally compromised woman who made that claim. it was a whole mob of people yelling that an officer shot another black kid as they tried to instigate a physical altercation with officers on the scene.
    Please stop using hyperbole when representing my opinion.

Please deal with the merits of the argument. The cops did shut down the buses. They did corral the kids at the mall.

You're welcome to find a source that disproves mine, but you can't dismiss it out of hand.

weren't you just insinuating that my sources were biased? nearly all of my links have been from cnn. maybe facebook posts aren't the most credible source of information out there for you to cite.
    LOL
    You think CNN is an unbiased source.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

i encourage you to get your news from somewhere other than all those anti-police sites you frequent religiously.
    I don't frequent anti-police sites. Frankly folks like cop-blockers etc. are really annoying asses.

really? they lacked the resources? in one breath you're talking about law-enforcement being over-militarized and in the next breath, they lacked the resources.
    Why do I have to spell everything out for you.

They lacked manpower not big bearcats and sniper rifles with laser sights.

i'm sure the rioting had nothing to do with the intense media scrutiny and backlash against the police for being armed and prepared for rioting; just like the surge of violence in baltimore is unrelated to the criticism and condemnation against law-enforcement. of course, the police made a strategic decision to allow black rioters to burn black neighborhoods.
    You actually believe the media and fake outrage is to blame?

That's straight up ignorant.

These places have long histories of racial tensions. There are other social problems but racism is part of it.

Just as one example in the ferguson area small white neighborhoods formed their own municipalities to self-segregate after the Civil Rights Act was passed. Over the years those munis have developed predatory policing practices that hurt poor people the most.

Please educate yourself on the racial history of these places before complaining about the media and outrage.

why wouldn't that be their grand plan of white supremecy? take your tin foil hat off and put it in the microwave, dude.
    Again, please stop with the hyperbolic representation of my view.

Not a conspiracy theory. That's what actually happened. It's not crazy to think that the police have a vested interest in protecting the neighborhoods where the police actually live and that pay the taxes that pay their salary.

if you're not talking about body armor, riot gear or military gear then what ARE you talking about? you confuse the hell out of me. what in particular bothered you about the gear law-enforcement used, or didn't use because of lack of resources?
    That was typo. I meant to say "we are talking about military gear."

so you don't have a problem with a militarized force quelling the violence in a hostile situation, as long as they're not police, because police are ill-trained, racist thugs?
    They are ill-trained and yes, I'm fine with the NG coming in during extreme situations especially since in these situations the police are the ones being protested against.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Finally! A police officer crime the police union won't go out and publicly defend.

RUPD Officer Charged With Stealing $30,000 From Police Union | New Brunswick Today

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    You nailed it. I'm an academy dropout.
    not surprising in the least.

Please stop using hyperbole when representing my opinion.
    please stop using hyperbole when representing your own opinion.

LOL
    You think CNN is an unbiased source.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    calm your lolz. if cnn is biased, it's to the left.

feel free to share your totally unbiased and legit news sources for the rest of us. or is that what you post in this thread every day?

I don't frequent anti-police sites. Frankly folks like cop-blockers etc. are really annoying asses.
    did you get banned from there too? man, first the police academy then your refuge.

Why do I have to spell everything out for you.

They lacked manpower not big bearcats and sniper rifles with laser sights.
    why would you use the word resources if you meant manpower? you don't have to spell everything out for me; just learn how to communicate effectively and you'll do fine.

You actually believe the media and fake outrage is to blame?
    uhh....yeah. it's understood that police were walking on eggshells in the wake of all the backlash against their tanks and RPGs.

That's straight up ignorant.
    straight up, dude. straight up!

These places have long histories of racial tensions. There are other social problems but racism is part of it.

Please educate yourself on the racial history of these places before complaining about the media and outrage.
    i wish i was as educated as you are.

Not a conspiracy theory. That's what actually happened. It's not crazy to think that the police have a vested interest in protecting the neighborhoods where the police actually live and that pay the taxes that pay their salary.
    not only that, but the police unions probably funded the protesters to be bussed into ferguson to instigate the riots in hopes that they would burn the black neighborhoods. helter skelter, man!

That was typo. I meant to say "we are talking about military gear."
    typo or not, it made about as much sense as anything else you've posted. and on that note, i'm exiting this thread. you've exceeded my threshold for inane drivel. congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by pixie sticks
    and on that note, i'm exiting this thread. you've exceeded my threshold for inane drivel. congratulations!
    Thank God. This last post by you had zero content whatsoever and would be a waste of time to debate every silly point.

But, I will clear up one thing:

The fact of the matter is, *shocker* I am not an academy dropout. I'm a conservative that supports authority and never had issues with police until I became more informed. My only bias is that I have a strong hatred of injustice. So, after spending a year or so paying attention to the systemic problems in american policing (before ferguson even started) I realized that the only thing that can change people's minds is exposure to the mountains and mountains of cases of misconduct, corruption, and lack of punishment. That's why I post articles here and I actually post a percentage of the stories I come across.
    Likes Osprey, Ivy liked this post

Just a few bad apples.

5 deputies charged with beating a handcuffed man. Now two have made agreements to testify against the three other deputies.

Deputies change stories on jail visitor's beating, court records show - LA Times

Oh, one more thing @pixie sticks
    Since you're big on legitimate sources and a fan of the DOJ as a source feel free to peruse through the various findings of the DOJ in department-wide investigations.

http://www.justice.gov/crt/about/spl...tle.php#police

Of particular interest:

Ferguson Findings

Albuquerque Findings

Maricopa County Findings

LA Findings

Cleveland Findings

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. In these cases the DOJ found systemic racism, excessive force, policing for profit, lack of accountability, and retaliation against those that reported problems.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Baltimore.just had the bloodiest month in nearly 40 years. I wonder why.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

'Shot from behind': man's death reveals hidden horror of Latino police killings

Autopsy proves officers lied when they said the man they shot was lunging at them.

Amilcar Perez-Lopez was a 20-year-old Guatemalan immigrant shot to death by police officers who said he lunged at them with a knife. Eyewitnesses, after being ‘driven underground’, say he was running for his life

Outside the Red Poppy Art House in San Francisco’s Mission district, a newly painted mural glows in the afternoon sun. Two of the men etched on the wall are instantly recognisable: to the right stands Eric Garner, the unarmed black man killed by police in New York City; Michael Brown, the unarmed black teenager killed by police in Ferguson, Missouri, stands to the left. But framed in the middle is a face hardly anyone from beyond the streets of this historically working class area would have ever noticed.

Amilcar Perez-Lopez was 20 years old when he was shot dead by two plain-clothed San Francisco police officers in February. An undocumented migrant and Guatemalan national, he is pictured at the bottom of the mural, his hands up, clutching a copy of Huey P Newton’s Revolutionary Suicide.

He was killed two blocks away from the mural. The gallery’s owners heard the gunshots go off.

Perez-Lopez was one of the 67 Latino people identified by the Guardian as killed by police so far this year. Like 58% of them, he carried no firearm; 25% were completely unarmed. Yet his death – and all the other Latino 67 – have failed to spark the kind of outrage seen after the deaths of Garner and Brown. Those who witnessed the event – also undocumented migrants – have been “driven underground”, lawyers tell the Guardian.

Indeed, in five cases of Latino deaths identified by the Guardian’s investigative accounting of law enforcement-related deaths in the US this year, media reporting failed to even document the individual’s name.
    Continued here:

'Shot from behind': man's death reveals hidden horror of Latino police killings | US news | The Guardian

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

From Time: What’s Behind Baltimore’s Record-Setting Rise in Homicides

The ferguson effect in practice.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast