Socionics
    IxE Ne

Here, some levity:

J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    Here, some levity:
    The lynch mob strikes FB. News at 7.
    Think.

Enneagram
    8w9

You reap what you sow.

The New Nationwide Crime Wave

The consequences of the ‘Ferguson effect’ are already appearing. The main victims of growing violence will be the inner-city poor.

The nation’s two-decades-long crime decline may be over. Gun violence in particular is spiraling upward in cities across America. In Baltimore, the most pressing question every morning is how many people were shot the previous night. Gun violence is up more than 60% compared with this time last year, according to Baltimore police, with 32 shootings over Memorial Day weekend. May has been the most violent month the city has seen in 15 years.

In Milwaukee, homicides were up 180% by May 17 over the same period the previous year. Through April, shootings in St. Louis were up 39%, robberies 43%, and homicides 25%. “Crime is the worst I’ve ever seen it,” said St. Louis Alderman Joe Vacarro at a May 7 City Hall hearing.

Murders in Atlanta were up 32% as of mid-May. Shootings in Chicago had increased 24% and homicides 17%. Shootings and other violent felonies in Los Angeles had spiked by 25%; in New York, murder was up nearly 13%, and gun violence 7%.

Those citywide statistics from law-enforcement officials mask even more startling neighborhood-level increases. Shooting incidents are up 500% in an East Harlem precinct compared with last year; in a South Central Los Angeles police division, shooting victims are up 100%.

By contrast, the first six months of 2014 continued a 20-year pattern of growing public safety. Violent crime in the first half of last year dropped 4.6% nationally and property crime was down 7.5%. Though comparable national figures for the first half of 2015 won’t be available for another year, the January through June 2014 crime decline is unlikely to be repeated.

The most plausible explanation of the current surge in lawlessness is the intense agitation against American police departments over the past nine months.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Just so we're keeping track...

This:

Is the police response to this:

And this:

While this:

Is the Police response to this:

Any questions?

Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    You reap what you sow.
    If those muslim terrorists had killed and injured people in TX at the cartoon contest would they have reaped what they sowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Just so we're keeping track...

This:

Is the police response to this:

And this:

While this:

Is the Police response to this:

Any questions?
    your posts are becoming increasingly nonsensical and incoherent. what is the correlation between the first picture and the two following it? the first is titled "islam protest" and appears to be a peaceful crowd. i'm guessing the next two pictures are guns rights activists? how many buildings were burned during either of those protests? you're so incredibly biased that in bleeds through every post you make. i see you're still avoiding the question of what your alleged experience in law-enforcement is. maybe this picture would have been more appropriate to convey why police were heavily armed in ferguson, but that wouldn't serve your agenda, would it?

troll on, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie sticks View Post
    your posts are becoming increasingly nonsensical and incoherent. what is the correlation between the first picture and the two following it? the first is titled "islam protest" and appears to be a peaceful crowd. i'm guessing the next two pictures are guns rights activists? how many buildings were burned during either of those protests? you're so incredibly biased that in bleeds through every post you make. i see you're still avoiding the question of what your alleged experience in law-enforcement is. maybe this picture would have been more appropriate to convey why police were heavily armed in ferguson, but that wouldn't serve your agenda, would it?

troll on, brother.

You either don't have a very good memory or get your news from biased sources that don't tell you the whole story.

In Ferguson the bearcats, the assault rifles, the military outfits, the flash bangs, the tear gas, and the arrests (including arrests of journalists for sitting in a McDonalds and a city alderman for sitting in his car) all of that came before the significant looting, violence and destruction. The police instigated the problems in Ferguson.

When A curfew was first established they sprayed tear gas at peaceful protestors including young children without warning and hours before curfew.

Ferguson Police Fire Tear Gas At Protesters Hours Before Curfew (UPDATE)

They even settled a lawsuit against LE that required them to comply with a restraining order, give adequate warning before spraying crowds, and pay legal fees.

Police settle lawsuit over tear gas use during Ferguson protests : News

You tell me your agenda and I'll tell you mine.

All of the pictures of the police and armed civilians (including neo-nazis) are from the protests yesterday at the phoenix mosque.
    Likes Ivy liked this post

The police instigated the problems in Ferguson.
    riiight. just like the police instigated the riots in baltimore.

"There's no excuse for the kind of violence that we saw yesterday. It is counterproductive. ... When individuals get crowbars and start prying open doors to loot, they're not protesting. They're not making a statement. They're stealing. When they burn down a building, they're committing arson. And they're destroying and undermining businesses and opportunities in their own communities. That robs jobs an opportunity from people in that area." - President Obama

maybe if the mayor in ferguson had accommodated the rioting like the mayor of baltimore did ("we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well.") then 25 buildings wouldn't have been burned to the ground.

113 officers were injured in the baltimore "protests." at what point does it become acceptable for police to use body armor to protect themselves?

furthermore, how do you feel about the national guard being activated in order to police the streets? is that a better alternative than allowing law-enforcement to wear riot gear? maybe permanent units should be deployed in cities with high crime rates like an occupied territory so that police won't be "over-militarized." or maybe you're perfectly fine with officers being injured and killed because police safety isn't really a concern to you.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie sticks View Post
    riiight.
    So you're just going to ignore everything else I wrote?
    You realize it's possible for people to riot and for police to mistreat peaceful protesters?
    Like, those aren't mutually exclusive when you're talking about many different events in many different areas with different people coming and going.
    But, if you just want to avoid all nuance then go ahead and whether they be politicians, journalists, mothers with babies, elderly, and clergy just lump them all in with rioters.

just like the police instigated the riots in baltimore.
    Yes, actually they did.

Eyewitnesses: The Baltimore Riots Didn't Start the Way You Think | Mother Jones

Here's an explanation that uses large fonts, pics, and gifs:

One teacher's Facebook post describes what she saw Baltimore cops doing before the riots broke out.

"There's no excuse for the kind of violence that we saw yesterday. It is counterproductive. ... When individuals get crowbars and start prying open doors to loot, they're not protesting. They're not making a statement. They're stealing. When they burn down a building, they're committing arson. And they're destroying and undermining businesses and opportunities in their own communities. That robs jobs an opportunity from people in that area." - President Obama
    A claim that an action was instigated does not necessarily mean that it's excusable. I've never excused any violent or destructive conduct.

maybe if the mayor in ferguson had accommodated the rioting like the mayor of baltimore did ("we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well.") then 25 buildings wouldn't have been burned to the ground.
    I think they just lacked the resources to deal with the issue once it erupted and made a strategic decision to defend the white neighborhoods and let the black neighborhoods burn.

113 officers were injured in the baltimore "protests." at what point does it become acceptable for police to use body armor to protect themselves?
    I'm not talking about body armor. You'll note the police in Phoenix I was making the comparison with were in body armor.

furthermore, how do you feel about the national guard being activated in order to police the streets? is that a better alternative than allowing law-enforcement to wear riot gear? maybe permanent units should be deployed in cities with high crime rates like an occupied territory so that police won't be "over-militarized." or maybe you're perfectly fine with officers being injured and killed so police safety isn't really a concern to you.
    We're not talking about riot gear. We're not talking about actual military gear. Military gear should be used by the military.

Yes, I would prefer the guard because at least the guard knows how to properly use the equipment and aren't just trying to look like badasses with all their toys.

So you're just going to ignore everything else I wrote?
    like you ignored my entire post on the last page? and the lingering question of your experience in law-enforcement which you have used as some sort of authority on the matter?

You realize it's possible for people to riot and for police to mistreat peaceful protesters?
    Like, those aren't mutually exclusive when you're talking about many different events in many different areas with different people coming and going.
    But, if you just want to avoid all nuance then go ahead and whether they be politicians, journalists, mothers with babies, elderly, and clergy just lump them all in with rioters.
    of course. unfortunately, cops can't selectively tear gas individuals who are behaving violently when they're congregated amongst "peaceful" protestors. do you honestly think if the police in ferguson hadn't been wearing gas masks and body armor then there wouldn't have been rioting? don't be so naïve.

oh shit! you found an "eyewitness" to corroborate your belief that cops are racist nazis trying to exterminate blacks. we all know how reliable these eyewitnesses are, though you try to dismiss the incident involving the kid who was allegedly shot in the back; and, no, it wasn't just that emotionally compromised woman who made that claim. it was a whole mob of people yelling that an officer shot another black kid as they tried to instigate a physical altercation with officers on the scene.

weren't you just insinuating that my sources were biased? nearly all of my links have been from cnn. maybe facebook posts aren't the most credible source of information out there for you to cite. i encourage you to get your news from somewhere other than all those anti-police sites you religiously frequent.

I think they just lacked the resources to deal with the issue once it erupted and made a strategic decision to defend the white neighborhoods and let the black neighborhoods burn.
    really? they lacked the resources? in one breath you're talking about law-enforcement being over-militarized and in the next breath, they lacked the resources. i'm sure the rioting had nothing to do with the intense media scrutiny and backlash against the police for being armed and prepared for rioting; just like the surge of violence in baltimore is unrelated to the criticism and condemnation against law-enforcement. of course, the police made a strategic decision to allow black rioters to burn black neighborhoods. why wouldn't that be their grand plan of white supremecy? take your tin foil hat off and put it in the microwave, dude.

I'm not talking about body armor. You'll note the police in Phoenix I was making the comparison with were in body armor.

We're not talking about riot gear. We're not talking about actual military gear. Military gear should be used by the military.
    if you're not talking about body armor, riot gear or military gear then what ARE you talking about? you confuse the hell out of me. what in particular bothered you about the gear law-enforcement used, or didn't use because of a lack of resources?

so you don't have a problem with a militarized force quelling the violence in a hostile situation, as long as they're not police, because police are ill-trained, racist thugs? got it.

carry on.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)