User Tag List

First 30383940414250 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Off Topic

Please don't troll.
    i'm not trolling any more than you are. this is the police misconduct thread, isn't it? here, you have a case of a person who is "accused" of carjacking - accused, not convicted. he's driving down the wrong side of the interstate in a stolen vehicle and he politely asks the police to stop following him. he even said that if they stopped chasing him, he would pull over. they could've ended the situation immediately if they simply complied with his wishes, but did they? no. they brazenly continued to pursue him, endangering innocent civilians in the process, ultimately forcing him to crash the vehicle into an suv. if they would've simply stopped chasing him like he asked, this whole incident could've been prevented.
    Likes Tippo liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by pixie sticks View Post
    i'm not trolling any more than you are. this is the police misconduct thread, isn't it? here, you have a case of a person who is "accused" of carjacking - accused, not convicted. he's driving down the wrong side of the interstate in a stolen vehicle and he politely asks the police to stop following him. he even said that if they stopped chasing him, he would pull over. they could've ended the situation immediately if they simply complied with his wishes, but did they? no. they brazenly continued to pursue him, endangering innocent civilians in the process, ultimately forcing him to crash the vehicle into an suv. if they would've simply stopped chasing him like he asked, this whole incident could've been prevented.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Let's see if you can tell the difference between that story and this story:

Pediatrician, Dr. Bhagwan Bang was rushing to the Andalusia Regional Hospital, from his home in Opp, Alabama. As was rushing to the hospital, after being made aware of a baby having stopped breathing, he was pulled over by police en route.

Tragically the baby did not survive.

What makes this incident even more senseless was that this was not the first time Dr. Bang had been stopped by police on his way to a medical emergency, as he was pulled over previously, with the judge dismissing the case at that time.

Police had previously given the doctor a specific route to follow whenever there was a medical emergency that required him to get to the hospital fast, which he followed in this incident, which is why Dr. Bang is was distraught over this case.

“On Sept. 8, I got a call that a newborn baby is not breathing,” he said. There was nothing about the pregnancy that indicated problems, he said, but the baby was blue.

“I have seven years of neonatal experience,” Bang said. “I have seen several of these babies.”

His fear, he said, was that the baby had a bilateral rupture of the lung.

“I have saved those babies before by putting needles in the chest, and draining the air,” he said. “That was going first in my mind. I needed to be there.”

In a short audio clip of a 9-1-1 call provided by Bang’s attorney, he can be heard telling the dispatcher, “If I stop, the baby will die!”

Dr. Bang attempted to explain the situation to the officer that pulled him over, but was detained for over fifteen minutes and threatened with being put in handcuffs, before ultimately allowing the doctor to leave.

“Several minutes count,” Dr.Bang said. “It could mean a whole life to this child, or making them handicap.”

Bang is the only attending pediatrician with active hospital privileges at Andalusia Regional and in the town of Opp.
    Read more at Baby Dies After Police Detain Doctor Rushing to Hospital to Save the Child’s Life | The Free Thought Project

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

The problem is that it is ridiculously easy for just about anyone to become a cop in this country.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Police here were halfway reasonable until...

"They [the 911 dispatchers' office that Bang had called] said they called him for an emergency."
    "I don't care. I don't give a damn. He ain't driving these roads like that."

Police had previously given the doctor a specific route to follow whenever there was a medical emergency that required him to get to the hospital fast, which he followed in this incident, which is why Dr. Bang is was distraught over this case.
    The department had previously given him the OK to do what he did.

There was clearly a lack of coordination between the department and individual officers. Fine. That happens in any organization.

But when the situation was clarified, he still wasn't allowed to leave because the officer needed to enforce the law come hell or high water. That's.. well, troublesome.

From the petition a few links buried, about a separate incident..
    Several months later, the policeman who gave him a ticket had an emergency with his own child.

“I recognized him,” he said. “I didn’t say anything. After the child was OK, I said to him, ‘I do recognize you. Aren’t you glad I sped to get here?’ ”
    Man.

They've gotta have a system set up for these sorts of emergency doctors. Give them an ambulance light that they can tack onto their car or something..

In the meantime, maybe they can try to take off their blinders?
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    Police here were halfway reasonable until...

"They [the 911 dispatchers' office that Bang had called] said they called him for an emergency."
    "I don't care. I don't give a damn. He ain't driving these roads like that."

The department had previously given him the OK to do what he did.

There was clearly a lack of coordination between the department and individual officers. Fine. That happens in any organization.

But when the situation was clarified, he still wasn't allowed to leave because the officer needed to enforce the law come hell or high water. That's.. well, troublesome.

From the petition a few links buried, about a separate incident..

Man.

They've gotta have a system set up for these sorts of emergency doctors. Give them an ambulance light that they can tack onto their car or something..

In the meantime, maybe they can try to take off their blinders?
    Unfortunately you're right and it will probably take legislation to prevent this from happening again.

There's also the fact that this is rural Alabama and the doctor's name makes me think he's from the Indian sub-continent.

Maybe, just maybe, those two facts have something to do with this.

Railroad Robbery

Amtrak Passengers Share More Stories of Harassment

The common theme is the harassment of people without probable cause to think that they are doing anything illegal.

Two recent articles about the Drug Enforcement Administration harassing Amtrak passengers have elicited like responses from a number of Atlantic readers. “Hey,” they’ve more or less written, “I’ve been harassed aboard Amtrak, too!”

For those who missed the earlier stories:

The DEA took $16,000 from Joseph Rivers.
    They harassed mathematician Aaron Heuser and appeared to have illegally searched his bag.

The DEA is mentioned again in what follows, though other stories concern different law-enforcement organizations. The common theme is the harassment of innocent people without probable cause to think that they are doing anything illegal. As Brian Doherty noted at Reason, the gendarme bothering innocent travelers on trains was a stock trope of movies and books about malign European regimes. And now it is a regular feature of train travel in the United States of America.

An incident of harassment weighed on one reader for many years:

I am still very disturbed by an event much like yours that happened more than 2 decades ago. I still feel so violated, and was approached exactly the same way as others in your story. I had a sleeper car as I was going from Austin to Los Angeles. Mine happened in Arizona (don't remember exactly where), but I was finally told (when I tried to repeatedly ask why I was being harassed) that I "matched a description" of a drug dealer. I was then a 30-something female, traveling alone, with luggage I had in my room because I had a room (duh). I was told that if I didn't cooperate and let them search me, they would arrest me and take me off the train. I am still disgusted at myself that I let them.
    Continued at:

Police and DEA Searches Aboard Amtrak Trains - The Atlantic

nope. all i see is police brutality everywhere i look.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie sticks View Post
    nope. all i see is police brutality everywhere i look.
    So, how are you related to a law enforcement officer?