User Tag List

First 27353637383947 Last

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    It's almost as if you are being deliberately obtuse.
    Deflecting from the original point I raised, are we? Tell me again, what point was Dr. Klinger making by drawing the comparison that cops haven't killed as many black people as other black people had, and wondering why there were no protests for the latter....

What obtuse valid point was he making there?

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Deflecting from the point I raised, are we? Tell me again, what point was Dr. Klinger making by drawing the comparison that cops haven't killed as many black people as other black people had, and wondering why there were no protests for the latter....

What obtuse valid point was he making there?
    Regardless of how silly the point would be even if it were true, I don't think it is.

There are protests and vigils when black on black violence occurs. Had one in my city and another one in St. Louis for seperate incidents last week.

The media just doesn't report on them.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

"There is no "nice" way to arrest a potentially dangerous, combative suspect. The police are our bodyguards, our hired fists, batons and guns. We pay them to do the dirty work of protecting us, the work we're too afraid, too unskilled or too civilized to do ourselves. We expect them to keep the bad guys out of our businesses, cars and houses, out of our faces. We want them to "take care of the problem." We just don't want to see how it's done."

-Charles Webb, Ph.D.
    Ooooh, please mister copper - arrest that bad guy for throwing a parking ticket in the air. Save us from the "evil."

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    That's leland vitter. ANother fox correspondent, Mike Tobin, said it happened right in front of him.
    mike tobin said there was a row of cars between himself and the incident; and he didn't see any blood or a gunshot wound. quite different from the woman who asserted that she saw "that...caucasian...officer" shoot that young black boy in the back and no evidence to the contrary would convince her otherwise because "they lyin." her words, not mine.

Prosecutors don't look for outs. They look for any way they can to nail someone. That's their job.
    apparently, they also pander to the sentiments of a herd mentality. making an on-stage appearance at a concert, in light of accusations of various conflicts of interest, doesn't bode well for marilyn mosby's credibility.

Out of interest why do you think things exploded in Ferguson? Do you blame the media or people jumping to conclusions or what?
    without a doubt, the media's influence added fuel to the fire. how does an entire city determine that a cop was guilty of police brutality without first examining the evidence? police interactions are being viewed from a certain lens and portrayed as abusive regardless of the actual details of any given altercation. there may have been some systematic problems within the ferguson police department, but that does not warrant a murder conviction for a police officer who used lethal force to defend himself; and the evidence indicates that michael brown assaulted darren wilson in his squad car.

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Things get really weird after 16 mins. Did you watch the whole video?
    i did. the latter footage was taken from a bystander who was trying to incite a riot. it's particularly alarming how aggressive and confrontational the crowd became, getting in the face of police officers and trying to provoke a response. the media doesn't usually show that kind of footage because it sheds light on how difficult of a job law-enforcement is tasked with. it's interesting how the woman who falsely claimed that she witnessed a police execution went on to further suggest that law-enforcement was using profanity, night sticks and mace to antagonize the crowd, when the video shows the exact opposite - the crowd is trying to instigate a confrontation with the police.

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Irrespective of what happened in this incident it's kinda obvious that USA has a bit of an issue with police misconduct.

Urghhhhhh...

Let me correct what I said above, USA has a big issue. And it's sad that the law is trying to protect these bad apples.
    sure, there are some bad apples, as there are in any occupation. it's a lot easier to point the finger at cops who have an especially difficult job of trying to deal with society's ills on the front lines, despite the threat of danger facing them on a daily basis. nobody in this thread seems to want to shine a spotlight on all the recent murders of police officers in the us because that's not nearly as important. after all, it's their job and they signed up for it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by pixie sticks View Post
    mike tobin said there was a row of cars between himself and the incident; and he didn't see any blood or a gunshot wound. quite different from the woman who asserted that she saw "that...caucasian...officer" shoot that young black boy in the back and no evidence to the contrary would convince her otherwise because "they lyin." her words, not mine.
    There are people who genuinely believe they've been abducted by aliens. This woman is obviously wrong, but she's still is sane by comparison given the fact that what she thinks she saw could have actually happened (and did happen recently, in South Carolina).

apparently, they also pander to the sentiments of a herd mentality. making an on-stage appearance at a concert, in light of accusations of various conflicts of interest, doesn't bode well for marilyn mosby's credibility.
    So what? It doesn't result in more police convictions. The police are still rarely convicted, even in the face of overwhelming evidence of misconduct. And in those rare instances where they are convicted, their sentences are incredibly light. You're defending the side that doesn't need to be defended here. They're virtually invulnerable.

sure, there are some bad apples, as there are in any occupation. it's a lot easier to point the finger at cops who have an especially difficult job of trying to deal with society's ills on the front lines, despite the threat of danger facing them on a daily basis. nobody in this thread seems to want to shine a spotlight on all the recent murders of police officers in the us because that's not nearly as important. after all, it's their job and they signed up for it.
    "A few bad apples" couldn't run those CIA-style black sites that Chicago police were running. That requires a level of corruption that goes far, far beyond "a few bad apples". It's a systemic problem, where those in positions of authority turn a blind eye to police misconduct.

Police seize more property value through civil forfeiture every year than all property reported stolen by criminals, combined. That's right, the police steal more than thieves. A lot of this is titled property (homes and automobiles), which would be impossible for "a few bad apples" to steal alone. If you don't know what civil forfeiture is and why this is so egregious, then you should educate yourself.

DEA agents kidnapped (he was never formally arrested) a college student for smoking pot and left him in a cell without windows, food, water, or a toilet for 5 days. He was never charged, but he almost died. His condition was so bad that he was drinking his own urine to survive. He had to be hospitalized and was eventually awarded a $4 million settlement (of course, taxpayers are the ones who have to pay for this misconduct, as usual). Could "a few bad apples" have done this? Yes, but when the punishment these officers receive is no more than a week suspension without pay (some didn't even get that, they got only a letter of reprimand), that is a sign that the people in charge don't really care about misconduct. Those DEA officers should have been immediately fired, then tried for attempted murder, reckless endangerment, or some other appropriate charge. Those officers didn't just forget about the kid, they ignored his cries for help for 5 days. But this shouldn't surprise anyone. This is the same organization that had sex parties with prostitutes paid for by drug cartels, the cartels they're supposed to be fighting.

You want people to believe the problem with the police is a "few bad apples"? You're delusional. That's such a narrow view, completely disconnected from the reality of what is actually going on. These officers behave the way they do because they know they're almost never held accountable. There have to be protests that gain national media attention for anything to happen. That's how bad it is. That's why people are so upset, because without making that much noise, the police get away with it every.single.time.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."
    Likes Redbone liked this post

Drunk autistic man in police custody is slammed to the ground killing him.

This is the type of murderous thuggery that really pisses me off.

Starts at 5 minute mark

Want to See Police Kill a Drunk in Custody? - Hit & Run : Reason.com

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Ooooh, please mister copper - arrest that bad guy for throwing a parking ticket in the air. Save us from the "evil."
    Why did we devolve into a nation of cowards? Why is everyone so afraid of everything?
    I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
    Turned on some music to start my day
    I lost myself in a familiar song
    I closed my eyes and I slipped away

Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Drunk autistic man in police custody is slammed to the ground killing him.

This is the type of murderous thuggery that really pisses me off.

Starts at 5 minute mark

Want to See Police Kill a Drunk in Custody? - Hit & Run : Reason.com
    Heartsick. This could be my son. (Which is how black mothers feel a lot more often than me.)

Active duty soldier reports to jail to serve 2 day DWI sentence and leaves in a casket.

Warning: Graphic

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I could not watch that. Horrifying.