User Tag List

First 15232425262735 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    I don't know how it can get any more clear that the NYPD has a problem.

Off duty, black cops in New York feel threat from fellow police
    "Those thugs are clearly just race baiters."

Did I do it right?

It's not just the NYPD, it's pretty much every police department in the country.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    "Those thugs are clearly just race baiters."

Did I do it right?

It's not just the NYPD, it's pretty much every police department in the country.
    No, because you forgot to throw something in there about 12% of the population causing 80% of homicides or other sticky statistics.
    Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    No, because you forgot to throw something in there about 12% of the population causing 80% of homicides or other sticky statistics.
    Citation needed.

I assume you agree with the idea that those NYPD officers are race baiters since you seemed to take offense at the suggestion that they're not.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    IsTj
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Citation needed.

I assume you agree with the idea that those NYPD officers are race baiters since you seemed to take offense at the suggestion that they're not.
    I don't think she was offended. I think she meant that, because you left that out, you're not doing it right.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by captain curmudgeon View Post
    I don't think she was offended. I think she meant that, because you left that out, you're not doing it right.
    Thank you. Exactly.

That goddamn "thug" word...you know, there hasn't been a big drift away from thinking of black and brown people as subhuman. Animals. 5/8 person. Foams at the mouth? Shoot it. Acts uncivilized? Undomesticated? Put it down. Expendable. Hell...they breed like rats anyway so what's a few of them dead? Why waste time talking to with it? Reason with it? There's nothing human in there...just a thug. Just fucking shoot it and get it over with...one less to worry about.

I have 3 sons and I worry about them. I know all too well you don't have to be doing anything "wrong". It's a shame that I have to warn my own kids against the police but I'd be a fool not to. I grew up getting the same warnings...
    Likes Stanton Moore liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Thank you. Exactly.

That goddamn "thug" word...you know, there hasn't been a big drift away from thinking of black and brown people as subhuman. Animals. 5/8 person. Foams at the mouth? Shoot it. Acts uncivilized? Undomesticated? Put it down. Expendable. Hell...they breed like rats anyway so what's a few of them dead? Why waste time talking to with it? Reason with it? There's nothing human in there...just a thug. Just fucking shoot it and get it over with...one less to worry about.

I have 3 sons and I worry about them. I know all too well you don't have to be doing anything "wrong". It's a shame that I have to warn my own kids against the police but I'd be a fool not to. I grew up getting the same warnings...
    Oh, I misread your post. Sorry about that. Your post looked like a real police brutality apologist rebuttal. That's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    It's amazing how people's minds turn off when it comes to the police.

The most aggregious example I've noticed in social media would be a certain segment of the tea party who somehow both believe that Eric Garner was responsible for his own death by resisting arrest and supported the Bundy ranch armed resistance. The lack of logical consistency in these cases must be motivated by racism. I don't see any other explanation.

No.
    Have you seen anyone talking about how felonious officer deaths are on a 10 year trend downward and have been going down for 50 years?

Five myths about America's Police
    I hadnt heard that, that's good news provided it is correct and I hope it continues.

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

I wonder whatever happened to Beorn?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I wonder whatever happened to Beorn?
    I forget where, but a while back he said he was going to be rather busy and thus MIA for a few months.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari