User Tag List

Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: The Police Misconduct Thread

Good NYPD Cops stop plain clothes policeman from beating on arrested kid and then arrest him.

No, I'm just kidding. They stood around and watched.

WATCH: Plainclothes NYPD officer repeatedly strikes teen already subdued by three other cops
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

On the other side of the state a woman cop was a good cop and tried to stop another cop from using excessive force and what happened to her?

She was fired.

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) - Former Buffalo Police officer Cariol Horne in a battle to get her pension. She was fired for trying to stop a fellow officer she says was abusing a suspect.

"November 1, 2006, there was a call of an officer in trouble at 707 Walden," said Cariol Horne.

That officer was Gregory Kwiatkowski, who was responding to a domestic dispute inside that home between Neal Mack and his girlfriend.

When officer Horne went into the house she says Mack had already been placed under arrest.

"He was handcuffed in the front and he was sideways and being punched in the face by Gregory Kwiatkowski," explained Horne.

Horne and about 10 other officers who arrived at the scene helped drag Mack out of the home. But once outside Horne says Officer Kwiatkowski was out of control.

"Gregory Kwiatkowski turned Neal Mack around and started choking him. So then I'm like, 'Greg! You're choking him,' because I thought whatever happened in the house he was still upset about so when he didn't stop choking him I just grabbed his arm from around Neal Mack's neck," said Horne.

If that choke hold of a handcuffed suspect caught Horne off guard, it didn't prepare her for what she says Kwiatkowski did next.

"He comes up and punches me in the face and I had to have my bridge replaced," said Horne.

When Horne tried to defend herself other officers pulled her back and her shoulder was injured.

Following the incident, Horne was fired and charged with obstruction for "jumping on officer Kwiatkowski's back and/or striking him with her hands."

But officer Kiwatkowski's own words seem to conflict with the charges. In a sworn statement he says, "she never got on top of me."

Nonetheless, Horne lost every appeal and with her 19 year career over, she didn't qualify for a pension.

Horne is the mother of five children and is now working as a truck driver to make ends meet.

"My daughter said, 'Mommy, why did you go to work that day?' She never said, 'Why did you do what you did?' or 'I wish you wouldn't have done it.' She just said, 'I wish you wouldn't have gone to work that day.' So I don't regret it."

Officer Kwiatkowski was forced to retire from the police department after he was suspended for choking another officer on the job, and in a separate incident, punching another officer when he was off the clock.

In May 2014, Kwiatowkski and two other officers were indicted on federal civil rights violations against black teen suspects.

Horne is continuing to fight for a pension.

The City of Buffalo Common Council sent her case to the New York State retirement system for review. A determination has not yet been made.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

But Beorn, it's only a couple bad apples.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

From Wash. Post:

Two New York City police officers are shot and killed in a brazen ambush in Brooklyn

Just three hours before the shootings, the gunman — identified by police as 28-year-old Ismaaiyl Brinsley — declared his intention on his Instagram account to kill police officers as retribution for the recent police killings of Michael Brown and Eric Garner.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Horrible.

Can we expect retribution?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

This horrible incident makes all police brutality in human history okay. I'm totally okay with police brutality now.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."
    Likes Qre:us, chickpea liked this post

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    This horrible incident makes all police brutality in human history okay. I'm totally okay with police brutality now.
    Yeah, that's exactly the point he was trying to make I'm sure!

MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w?

Much sarcasm detected in the last few posts.
    Likes swordpath liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Yeah, that's exactly the point he was trying to make I'm sure!
    What was the point he was trying to make?

Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast