User Tag List

First 10181920212230 Last

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post

Amazing indeed!

The shitty part is the suffering of non-americans by the american armed forces wouldn't even get recorded. Well atleast it's done in the name of democracy.
    Srsly.

I think I saw the latest report was that we had 1000 collateral deaths for 40 targeted kills.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    DEUS

It is spreading to Oz:

Uh, that's a nice headlock, sir. Ahhh, yes, I see that you know your judo well.
    ‘Many novelties have come from America. The most startling of these, a thing without precedent, is a mass of undignified poor. They do not love one another because they do not love themselves.’

‘And we will have made great strides in equality,
    when few have too much and fewer too little.’.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Srsly.

I think I saw the latest report was that we had 1000 collateral deaths for 40 targeted kills.
    I wonder how many innocent people died so that bin Laden could die.

Perhaps we need an Angry Mob Misconduct Thread, although, to be fair, this is precisely how you would expect an angry mob to conduct itself.

Do you trust Calibre Press to present a balanced picture of the range of behavior displayed by both parties, mob as well as police?

A good cop would not be posting red herrings in the wake of the Pantaleo Grand Jury decision.
    A good cop would be able to recognize an obvious crime when they see one and lament a miscarriage of justice.

The right and the left are united on Garner. The only people who want to detract from the serious issues the case raises are racists and criminal cop apologists who put loyalty above justice.

The point is that everyone else is treated differently than the police by the justice system. If you can get indicted you will be indicted for every last charge they can stick to you. They then leverage that against you practically forcing you to take a crappy plea deal. For cops it seems probable cause is tossed on its head and if the cop might not have done it then the cop doesn't have to go to trial. Grand juries that hear cop cases are not treated the same way by prosecutors as they are in other cases.
    And you experienced all this? When? Was it recently?

I'm sorry to hear about this.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Sorry for the length:

I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes Rail Tracer liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    And you experienced all this? When? Was it recently?

I'm sorry to hear about this.
    I haven't personally experienced it. I'm familiar enough with the justice system here in the states to know that this is how things work.

I haven't personally experienced it. I'm familiar enough with the justice system here in the states to know that this is how things work.
    Familiar how?

I hear a lot of people who have no routine or regular experience or contact with police officers venturing opinions about police work, I can understand that, I never was one for believing that you cant or shouldnt venture an opinion on something you dont have direct experience of "dont knock it until you've tried it style" but dont you think its important to ground thinking in practical reality too?

It'd be kind of like people offering you regular opinions or advice on fire fighting when all they have to go on is Backdraft.