User Tag List

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Police Misconduct Thread

MBTI
    ISTx

I love this video. It depicts how everything isn't always as it appears at first glance. Had the store owner not filmed what took place at the first encounter, it'd appear as just some bullshit cover up story by the cops "he tried to take my gun, so we used batons!"

Caught on Tape: Police make forceful arrest | Video Library | The Daily News Journal

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    This is a whole different discussion, and it seems to be the norm that the people that create these kinds of threads are the ones who disregard the laws.
    WOW.
    You have to be kidding me.
    You think anyone who is disturbed by police misconduct in this country is a criminal?

And you're the one saying I'm creating the us v. Them mentality.

I'm just saying, there's very little appreciation but no shortage of people that jump at the opportunity to crucify a police officer.
    It's just not true that the police aren't appreciated. They might not feel appreciated, but that's because of the nature of their job and the fact that in most situations people aren't going to be appreciative of being forced to interact with them (pull overs, court appearances, etc.)

Some police officers deserve to be crucified. Any good cop should be the first to crucify a bad one as it's their fault if the police have a bad rep not people starting threads on the Internet.

Seriously this is the epitome of shoot the messenger.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    I mean you're immediately complaining about this thread instead of at least condemning the officer in the first video who is an obvious criminal.
    I wouldn't call him a criminal. He made a snap decision, one you'll likely never have to make because you are not in that role/position. It turned out to be the wrong decision, but does that make it inherently criminal? Should there be some form of repercussion for shooting a man that turns out to be innocent, yes, but it's also a gray area when as a police officer you're trained in a tactical manner and are always surveying for danger signs. Monday morning quarterbacking it's more than simple to call that officer an idiot. But when you're the law officer and understand that there are people out there that want/will kill you it changes how you approach each encounter with a citizen. If I'm approaching someone that I am encountering for the first time on a traffic stop and they quickly dive back into their vehicle for something you can guarantee my hand is at least headed towards my firearm.

7:45 mark
    Likes TopCatLSD liked this post

MBTI
    ISTx

WOW.
    You have to be kidding me.
    You think anyone who is disturbed by police misconduct in this country is a criminal?

And you're the one saying I'm creating the us v. Them mentality.
    That's not what I said. Perhaps, I misunderstood what you said. Maybe you can explain what you meant by this:
    "I'm pretty sure the police (and swamp-load of unnecessary crimes) created the Us v. Them mentality."

MBTI
    ISTx

To expound and help illustrate my point on my second to last post:

MBTI
    ISTx

It's easy to critique from the comfort of your reclining chair, but when it's your life on the line and you realize that any encounter could potentially become this, the public would have more understanding. Even when a mistake is made, there would be more understanding and not the impulse to jump to disdain and hatred without understanding the facts and all the components.

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENtP
    Enneagram
    395 sp

Not all cops are bad. Lots of cops are good. Cops face dangerous situations. Got it.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    Not all cops are bad. Lots of cops are good. Cops face dangerous situations. Got it.
    Likes Arctic Hysteria, N/A liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    The real question is if "good" cops refuse to hold bad cops accountable are they really good cops?
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it
    Likes chickpea liked this post

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENtP
    Enneagram
    395 sp

The real question is if "good" cops refuse to hold bad cops accountable are they really good cops?
    No, they're not. Absolutely not.

Put way too simply: Cops are around to keep all of us accountable to standards of conduct. That includes one another.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast