User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

The criminal sub-culture hate the police and express their hatred in nasty ways to the Police. Generally the Police don't let themselves be provoked but the police are only human, and occasionally they strike back.

Eric Garner killer not indicted. He used an NYPD banned chokehold.

Grand Jury Declines To Indict NYPD Officer In Chokehold Death Of Eric Garner

This just makes me sick.

Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Meanwhile...

Police in SW Michigan are just straight up stealing crap without even charging a crime.

Cops Seize Man's Property, Freeze Bank Accounts—And He Wishes They Would Charge Him with a Crime - Hit & Run : Reason.com

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Sean Hannity said it wasn't a chokehold; it was a headlock and therefore legal. It becomes a chokehold when you lock hands.

I think the outrage is misdirected. I don't think there should be any laws prohibiting the sale of cigarettes to adults; this is big government run amok.
    It's ridiculous that New York lets the police make arrests for selling cigarettes, but this is what New Yorkers voted for.
    Vi Cit Tecum.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Meanwhile...

Against my better judgement I'm posting shit in this thread, I probably shouldnt.

Anyway.

What's with the "meanwhile", I dont see these things as being connected, even if law enforcement are assholes the law is the law and breaking it is breaking it whether you're an activist or whatever and that decision, that choice will have consequences. To me that's end of.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Eric Garner killer not indicted. He used an NYPD banned chokehold.

Grand Jury Declines To Indict NYPD Officer In Chokehold Death Of Eric Garner

This just makes me sick.

Some people are good under pressure, some people arent, some people are less good under pressure when they've experienced repeated trauma or other things liable to impinge upon their ability to cope with pressure repeatedly.

Then those people are put out on the streets to police volatile individuals with a propensity for challenging behaviour, escalating to outbursts and violence. Those individuals just have to manage that and get on with it.

Training can help in violent or potentially violent situations but I dont know how conditioned you've got to be to perform in the manner which the public are beginning to expect of police or other professionals.

Maybe its the faith in experts. Maybe its the movies. Maybe its just people expecting better of others than they're willing to be themselves.

At the very least managers have some role to play in being accountable for things like this, dont they have to make assessments of individuals ability to cope under battle conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Sean Hannity said it wasn't a chokehold; it was a headlock and therefore legal. It becomes a chokehold when you lock hands.
    Sean Hannity is a dipshit.
    A. On the ground it does appear that his hands are locked.
    B. I'm pretty sure the policy manual actually defines a chokehold as any grip that constrains the windpipe. That's what makes a chokehold dangerous and that's what happened here.

I've had to restrain violent people at an old job working with the mentally disabled. If I had done this there is no doubt in my mind I would be sitting in a jail cell right now.

Edit: Yup, I was right. Jake Tapper confirmed that any hold that chokes someone is not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Against my better judgement I'm posting shit in this thread, I probably shouldnt.

Anyway.

What's with the "meanwhile", I dont see these things as being connected, even if law enforcement are assholes the law is the law and breaking it is breaking it whether you're an activist or whatever and that decision, that choice will have consequences. To me that's end of.
    The point is that everyone else is treated differently than the police by the justice system. If you can get indicted you will be indicted for every last charge they can stick to you. They then leverage that against you practically forcing you to take a crappy plea deal. For cops it seems probable cause is tossed on its head and if the cop might not have done it then the cop doesn't have to go to trial. Grand juries that hear cop cases are not treated the same way by prosecutors as they are in other cases.

MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Lolz how long can the american police go on without killing an unarmed black man?

I bet another month.

Now folks - i mean americans - just imagine what your glorious armed forces are doing to its subjects in its empire - take iraq as an example - if this is how they treat their own citizens.

Amazing indeed!

The shitty part is the suffering of non-americans by the american armed forces wouldn't even get recorded. Well atleast it's done in the name of democracy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: