User Tag List

Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: The Police Misconduct Thread

@johnnyyukon

Generally it's good form to provide links for sources.
    Here's the police site I assume you got it from: 10 amazing photos that’ll make you proud to be a cop

Btw, are you willing yet to publicly admit why you have a strong pro-police bias?
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    @johnnyyukon

Generally it's good form to provide links for sources.
    Here's the police site I assume you got it from: 10 amazing photos that’ll make you proud to be a cop

Btw, are you willing yet to publicly admit why you have a strong pro-police bias?
    I shall do that in the future.

It has less to do with a pro-police bias, and more to do with an under representation of the police (It's not like I don't agree that there's plenty of gross negligence and misconduct out there).

My guess is if I wanted to, I could find a news article or two of examples that are the main duty of an LEO. Such as homicides solved, hostages saved, murderers arrested, murders prevented, rapists caught, and meth houses busted, to name a few.

Believe it or not, cops don't sit around all day pondering how they can misconduct themselves more.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

I recommend:

Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Since people on this forum seem to so frequently idly wonder about this.

Deadly Force, In Black and White
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Since people on this forum seem to so frequently idly wonder about this.

Deadly Force, In Black and White
    So I read the whole thing and while the numbers alone are startling
    Young black males in recent years were at a far greater risk of being shot dead by police than their white counterparts – 21 times greater i, according to a ProPublica analysis of federally collected data on fatal police shootings. 2010-2012

The article pretty much says nothing BUT the numbers. Certainly there's a few more factors involved. And that's me being generous.

Could it be that there are statistics out there showing that black male minorities are more inclined in certain cities to be involved in criminal behaviour due to low income socioeconomic status? or a history of the black community not trusting the police in general (and probably for damn good reasons)? or statistics showing the amount of arrests of black vs white males in possession of illegal firearms?

My guess is yes.

Point is, the article is just a bunch of numbers and for just the period from 2010-2012.

That's like saying "So 9 out of 10 goldfish I buy end up dead." But "9 out of 10 guppies I buy live" and leaving out the part "Oh, I also don't really feed the goldfish."

Some interesting statistics from the article:

The finding that young black men are 21 times as likely as their white peers to be killed by police is drawn from reports filed for the years 2010 to 2012,

That's not to say officers weren't killing white people. Indeed, some 44 percent of all those killed by police across the 33 years were white.

from 2005 to 2009, "officer under attack" was cited in 62 percent xxxvii of police killings.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

So the island I'm on is pretty expensive, so I do most of my shopping in Brunswick:

Officer takes 3 hostages at apartment complex
    BRUNSWICK, Ga. -
    A police officer who was disciplined Wednesday barricaded himself in an empty office at an apartment complex with three hostages, according to Brunswick police. The situation ended peacefully.

"I met with the officer earlier today, and we did discuss some personnel issues. He was not happy with that. And I'd given him some directions on what he needed to do," said Capt. Kevin Jones of the Brunswick Police Department.

Police said Officer Darry Williams went to City Hall to complain about the discipline to the mayor and told people he had a gun and they had 10 minutes to call a SWAT team. The mayor's office was put on lockdown, but Williams had left the building.
    Officer takes 3 hostages at apartment complex | Georgia News - Home

Fascinating.
    Community prays for Brunswick officer
    Leaders, family gather for prayer vigil following hostage crisis this week

Officer appears in court | News - Home

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I recommend:

Yes!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

The Canadian government has warned its citizens about American police officers.

American shakedown: Police won't charge you, but they'll grab your money - World - CBC News
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Kalleen disputes the order to leave, and instead requests that the officer read Section 1050.6c of the MTA Rules of Conduct. That section states in pertinent part:

Except as expressly permitted in this subdivision, no person shall engage in any nontransit uses upon any facility or conveyance. Nontransit uses are noncommercial activities that are not directly related to the use of a facility or conveyance for transportation. The following nontransit uses are permitted by the Authority, provided they do not impede transit activities and they are conducted in accordance with these rules: public speaking; campaigning; leafletting or distribution of written noncommercial materials; activities intended to encourage and facilitate voter registration; artistic performances, including the acceptance of donations [emphasis added].
    Watch This Man Get Arrested for Just Playing His Guitar in New York City

Again. Not just one bad cop. Two officers assisting in the illegal arrest and a department coverup.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Willie Nelson should try this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Again. Not just one bad cop. Two officers assisting in the illegal arrest and a department coverup.
    Three even. One in civilian clothes.

I guess the lesson remains: Never talk back at a policeman with ego issues.

Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast