User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 545

  1. #111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Nah, this is not the issue I have. I'm simply aware that people's "scrutiny" is often times without important facts and knowledge of circumstances.
    Wow. What a coincidence. Arrests also happen without important facts and knowledge of circumstances. You're hardly in a position to complain.

    Especially when shit like this happens:
    Woman Spends A Month In Jail After Cops Mistake SpaghettiOs For Meth

    That's a worst case scenario. But, what's a worst case scenario for Internet comments based on a mistake?


    It is also without any knowledge or experience of the job, including the risks that come with it.
    Completely and totally irrelevant even if it were true. But this does show that you agree with half my assessment of your position.

    Youtube ANY officer involved shooting or use of force and you'll see a countless number of people that believe it's abuse (even when it's completely justifiable and appropriate to training and policy).
    So?

    Do you actually believe protecting authority figures from wrongful accusations is more important than hold them up to public scrutiny when it appears they do wrong?

    Don't you want open discussion about these issues so that people can be educated and corrected when they're wrong?
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

  2. #112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Haha, in this post Beorn says it's wrong for people to be charged of crimes. Astounding stuff going on in here.
    So a straw man is your last defense, huh?

    It should be clear to anyone that's not what I said.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

  3. #113
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    An appropriate arrest (a charge and not conviction, mind you) ONLY happens with either facts or compelling knowledge of circumstances. What are you talking about? You're showing how little you know of police work and are suggesting you don't have much of a place in these arguments to begin with.

  4. #114

    Default

    This is all a red herring to avoid the main argument, but I'll respond anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    An appropriate arrest ONLY happens with either facts or knowledge of circumstances.
    Not all circumstances. Not all facts.
    That's why we have detectives, lawyers, judges and juries.

    What are you talking about? You're showing how little you know of police work and are suggesting you don't have much of a place in these arguments to begin with.
    This from the guy who was complaining I was over-intellectualizing the law earlier in the thread.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

  5. #115
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    This is all a red herring to avoid the main argument, but I'll respond anyway.



    Not all circumstances. Not all facts.
    That's why we have detectives, lawyers, judges and juries.
    And people such as yourself to set us all straight and to steer the pure and naive "cadets" in the right direction. Thank you for your service and all you accomplish with these threads

  6. #116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    And people such as yourself to set us all straight and to steer the pure and naive "cadets" in the right direction. Thank you for your service and all you accomplish with these threads
    Yes, when all else fails and you've displayed your lack of reading comprehension (at least I admitted it) just go ahead and mock me.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

  7. #117
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Yes, when all else fails and you've displayed your lack of reading comprehension (at least I admitted it) just go ahead and mock me.
    Likes Arctic Hysteria liked this post

  8. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Lol. If you think so.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

  9. #119
    lurking Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,916

    Default

    Whoever thinks this thread is biased or needs a balance should create a police appreciation thread and stop trying to censor this one.

    censorship is bad, mkay?

  10. #120
    Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    ENtP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IxE Ne
    Posts
    3,950

    Default

    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :newwink:
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :cry:
  • :(
  • :doh:
  • :mad:
  • :dry:
  • :mellow:
  • :unsure:
  • :huh:
  • :shock:

Similar Threads

  1. The Funny Video Thread
    By disregard in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 875
    Last Post: 12-12-2016, 07:20 PM
  2. The Never Ending Thread
    By ygolo in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-20-2016, 04:50 PM
  3. The lame jokes thread
    By Sahara in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 211
    Last Post: 05-27-2015, 03:29 AM
  4. The Entertain Niffer Thread
    By niffer in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 02:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO