User Tag List

123 Last

Default Violent Teenage Mob Attacks Innocent Bystanders

Shocking footage shows violent teen mob attacking workers at Tennessee grocery parking lot

Do you believe this is a racially motivated hate crime? How should the police have responded to this unprovoked altercation involving an estimated 100-125 people? Do you think the Rev. Jesse Jackson will show up to decry this black-on-white violence?

Last edited by Bullet; 09-11-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    So?

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    So?
    I'm curious about your thoughts regarding this mob of innocent unarmed teenagers. I'll reiterate my questions in the OP since you apparently missed them. Do you believe this is a racially motivated hate crime? How should the police have responded to this unprovoked altercation involving an estimated 100-125 people?

If one of the employees who was beaten had been armed, would they have been justified in using a firearm in self-defense?

You were so vocal in the other thread, I'm surprised you have nothing to offer on this issue. You'd make a great reporter for some biased left-wing news agency.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Well, this is nothing new. The silence of most people here on such a politically incorrect issue is also entirely predictable.

Meanwhile I am reading about how slavery has been practiced in Sub Saharan Africa since time immemorial...

I'm curious about your thoughts regarding this mob of innocent unarmed teenagers.
    It's horrible.

Do you believe this is a racially motivated hate crime?
    It could be racially motivated, but I think hate crime is a stupid term and concept. If I recall from earlier the security guard was the only intervener who wasn't attacked and he was black so that could go to show they were acting in a discriminatory fashion unless they had some bizarre respect for his uhhh... authority I guess.

How should the police have responded to this unprovoked altercation involving an estimated 100-125 people?
    Tear gas. It's a violent mob that needs to be dispersed.

If one of the employees who were beaten had been armed, would they have been justified in using a firearm in self-defense?
    If it was used while there was an imminent threat of severe bodily harm or death then ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Well, this is nothing new. The silence of most people here on such a politically incorrect issue is also entirely predictable.

Meanwhile I am reading about how slavery has been practiced in Sub Saharan Africa since time immemorial...
    Sad, but true. It just highlights the rabid prejudices that are deeply ingrained in their thinking.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

This is just another sign that political correctness is winning.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Sad, but true. It just highlights the rabid prejudices that are deeply ingrained in their thinking.
    I'm actually having to write a response to the Hunger Games today (you know, why it's been a success) and i'm planning on focusing on our fascination with children being victims of and/or being involved in violence against their will.

I was going to use Lord of the Flies and child soldiers in Sudan as examples outside the text, but might add this article as well, now.

It could be racially motivated, but I think hate crime is a stupid term and concept. If I recall from earlier the security guard was the only intervener who wasn't attacked and he was black so that could go to show they were acting in a discriminatory fashion unless they had some bizarre respect for his uhhh... authority I guess.
    That's interesting because you didn't express the same sentiment toward the police officers in the other thread. They were immediately deemed racists.

Tear gas. It's a violent mob that needs to be dispersed.
    That won't do much for apprehending suspects. Even so, when police in riot gear fired tear gas in St. Louis, they were highly criticized and accused of being over-militarized.

If it was used while there was an imminent threat of severe bodily harm or death then ofc.
    How does one determine while they are being beaten that the threat level is severe enough to cause bodily harm or death, thus warranting the use of a firearm? I guarantee you if someone (who is white) had shot one of these thugs, there would be an outrage over an unarmed black teenager being "murdered in cold blood."