User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 45

  1. #21
    deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,953

    Default

    Ban teenagers from hanging out in groups larger than 4; problem solved.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

  2. #22
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Ban teenagers from hanging out in groups larger than 4; problem solved.
    yeah and that's why different countries in the world have managed to successfully ban guns? because it's just as ridiculous. I don't really care about gun laws, but you're comparing two different things
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  3. #23
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    yeah and that's why different countries in the world have managed to successfully ban guns? because it's just as ridiculous. I don't really care about gun laws, but you're comparing two different things
    Violence has a lot more to do with the intelligence and character of a person and group of people than access to firearms. A gun is not a sentinent being. You have to make the decision of how you use it. Therefore, if we lived in a disciplined, intelligent and homogenous society the level of violence wouldn't be as high as it is - even if there were guns lying on the streets.

    I challenge all the gun control fanatics in America to show their commitment by reducing crime by calling for the deportion of illegal immigrants, and punishments for welfare bums who have children. Watch how drastically the crime rate will go down

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Please don't become a cop. You don't have your priorities straight.
    I think my priorities are fine, but I know I wouldn't be a good patrol officer because I'm too reactive and emotionally repressed. I'd start shooting fuckers left and right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    You clearly were not paying attention to what happened over the course of a week or so. I imagine you just heard looting and Molotov cocktails and stopped paying attention after that.

    I believe it was the first Thursday Night of the protests where the Police opened fire without ANY provocation and without a curfew order in place. They tear-gassed journalists and peaceful protestors and then arrested them. There were other smaller instances, but that was the big one.
    I'm not sure where you're getting your information from. Probably some Alex Jones propaganda. According to the timeline of events, looting started at 9:00 pm on August 10, the second day of protests, before any shots were fired by police.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    They're actually still peacefully protesting. I believe they plan on shutting down a highway on Wednesday.
    Oh...good for them. They sound like outstanding citizens.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    The important fact is that he wasn't beating him when he shot and multiple witnesses claim he had his hands in the air when he was fatally shot.
    Truth be told, you don't know what happened because you weren't there. The only testimonies they have at the moment are from community members who have shown an obvious bias against law-enforcement in general. During the protests, they were chanting "black and proud," which pretty much sums up their stance on the issue. These protests weren't about justice. It was merely a racial issue to them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    I wasn't implying that he did. But this fact sheds light on Michael Brown's character, as he wasn't the harmless little innocent child they were making him out to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Now you're making me regret talking to you about this as if your some sort of reasonable person.

    The likely scenario is that Brown did have some sort of altercation with Wilson that angered Wilson possibly because Wilson's life was endangered. Brown then started to run away and in a fury Wilson started shooting and didn't stop until Brown was dead on the ground. The anger of Wilson would be understandable and that's why we have voluntary manslaughter.
    Then why the emphasis on race? If this is a matter of an officer who was angry about a person who just assaulted him, why does Ferguson think he would have responded any differently had the attacker been white? Still...I'm having difficulty imagining this scenario. After assaulting a police officer, Michael Brown turned his back on the officer and proceeded to walk/run away with his hands in the air? Doubtful.

    As far as the manslaughter charge, I'm curious if a woman who was the victim of domestic assault had killed her abuser in a similar fashion, would she be charged with manslaughter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Btw, I take it by your non-response to my request that you don't even have an anecdote to back up your claim (which shouldn't be that hard if what you say is true) and so your conjecture about unjustified racial outrage is just your conjecture and based more in bias than reality.
    You can take it however you want. I didn't specify if the hypothetical person in question was a civilian or member of law-enforcement, you did. Why should I find an anecdote to satisfy your request?
    Last edited by Bullet; 09-11-2014 at 10:53 AM.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Violence has a lot more to do with the intelligence and character of a person and group of people than access to firearms. A gun is not a sentinent being. You have to make the decision of how you use it. Therefore, if we lived in a disciplined, intelligent and homogenous society the level of violence wouldn't be as high as it is - even if there were guns lying on the streets.

    I challenge all the gun control fanatics in America to show their commitment by reducing crime by calling for the deportion of illegal immigrants, and punishments for welfare bums who have children. Watch how drastically the crime rate will go down
    I agree with this. I think any person, male or female, who has even one child they can't support on their own income should be sterilized. Children who are born into poverty are at a disadvantage; there's no sense in allowing it to continue at the rate it is. Not only is it unfair to the children, it's a burden to society. Our prison system is already over-populated. The money we would save from not paying poor families in welfare to raise multiple offspring (who will most likely become unproductive members of society) could go back into the economy and help diminish the lower class thus making a better life for those who are currently living in poverty.

  6. #26
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    I agree with this. I think any person, male or female, who has even one child they can't support on their own income should be sterilized. Children who are born into poverty are at a disadvantage; there's no sense in allowing it to continue at the rate it is. Not only is it unfair to the children, it's a burden to society. Our prison system is already over-populated. The money we would save from not paying poor families in welfare to raise multiple offspring (who will most likely become unproductive members of society) could go back into the economy and help diminish the lower class thus making a better life for those who are currently living in poverty.
    I think you could accomplish much the same by creating deterrants such as denying statehood and hence access to healthcare, education and so on for any children born to a family while they don't have an income of their own. Actually sterilising people for being unemployed is something I find uncomfortable (I approve of sterisiling murderers, rapists, the insane, etc...but that's another story). I do agree that we shouldn't be encouraging people to have children they can't afford to look after. That would definitely reduce a lot of the random violence like we have seen in this example.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I think you could accomplish much the same by creating deterrants such as denying statehood and hence access to healthcare, education and so on for any children born to a family while they don't have an income of their own. Actually sterilising people for being unemployed is something I find uncomfortable (I approve of sterisiling murderers, rapists, the insane, etc...but that's another story). I do agree that we shouldn't be encouraging people to have children they can't afford to look after. That would definitely reduce a lot of the random violence like we have seen in this example.
    I think it would be more inhumane to not let children have access to healthcare or education who are simply unfortunate enough to be born to parents who are financially or emotionally unfit to raise them, than it would be to sterilize adults who don't have the means to take care of their own children. Plus, if an impoverished person finds themselves financially stable later in life, they can have the procedure reversed.

  8. #28
    Problem? Grand Admiral Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    I agree with this. I think any person, male or female, who has even one child they can't support on their own income should be sterilized. Children who are born into poverty are at a disadvantage; there's no sense in allowing it to continue at the rate it is. Not only is it unfair to the children, it's a burden to society. Our prison system is already over-populated. The money we would save from not paying poor families in welfare to raise multiple offspring (who will most likely become unproductive members of society) could go back into the economy and help diminish the lower class thus making a better life for those who are currently living in poverty.
    Government is the cause of poverty, either intentionally or due to incompetence. No need to give them more opportunity to screw things up, imo.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theDarkSide View Post
    Government is the cause of poverty, either intentionally or due to incompetence. No need to give them more opportunity to screw things up, imo.
    But staying on the current path isn't going to fix anything. Continuing to allow children to be born into poverty will only exacerbate the problem.

  10. #30
    Problem? Grand Admiral Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    But staying on the current path isn't going to fix anything. Continuing to allow children to be born into poverty will only exacerbate the problem.
    Kinda on the same page with SilentMusings, that we would see a change in behavior if we changed certain conditions.

Similar Threads

  1. Violent Attack on Canadian Parliament
    By Mole in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-26-2014, 08:07 AM
  2. Innocent bystander maliciously pepper sprayed by police at OAA protests
    By Hate in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2011, 04:27 PM
  3. Brutal Attack On Trans. Woman In McDonald's: Did bystanders do enough?
    By iwakar in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 07:29 AM
  4. Teachers stage fake gun attack on kids
    By digesthisickness in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-29-2009, 04:35 PM
  5. Violent/destructive mob mentality
    By swordpath in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 07:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO